Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did mmorpgs fail as a genre?

1234568»

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Herase said:
    It didn't, publishers and developers failed to make actual games. They resorted to quick cashgrabs inside the genre, nothing more.
    Only cause of us. When people start complaining they don't have time to play games anymore and that mmos should fit how they play, devs will follow that trend if it means there business can run, that's when MMOs went sour. We are the ones who make the final decision if something stays or goes.

When players stop paying for that type of content, then that content will stop coming, but until then we're gonna continue to get it.

Totally agree. Unfortunately, people tend to be very unspecific about what failing actually is. Additionally, a lot of games people view as "quick" cash grabs ran for multiple years. Also, there's really no definition from @Galerunner as to what constitutes a cash grab. What exactly is the argument here? Do we want to talk about cash grabs? Would you pay $180 to play an MMO that's horrible?  Guess what? That's more than most people pay, yet I've done it for the past decade with various games that I pay monthly for. There are many F2P games where I don't spend half that over my entire playtime. So what's a cash grab? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    MMORPGs failed ?

What a weird claim.
    Comedies didn't make as much as super hero movies. I guess comedies failed as movies.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    The snowflake generation. Seriously. Developers today will even reward death. The MOBA genre has wrecked us as well.

There will be something deep sooner or later.