Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realistically when is the next MMO release going to be?

flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
edited January 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Hey guys, i havent kept up with MMOs for a couple years much really.  I know there might not be a exact date but curious on when one of the "bigger" MMOs are suppose to release?  As in the first one.  I might come back to PC gaming after 2.5 years away from it.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    February 30.

More seriously, a lot depends on what you regard as a "bigger" MMO.
  • flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Quizzical said:
    February 30.

Which one is Feb 30?  I was meaning games like Pantheon, Camelot Unchained, Crowfall, etc.  Not something too small.  I know there isnt the AAA MMOs right now being developed well unless the Amazon one is but that one is a ways out.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    flguy147 said:
    Quizzical said:
    February 30.

Which one is Feb 30?  I was meaning games like Pantheon, Camelot Unchained, Crowfall, etc.  Not something too small.  I know there isnt the AAA MMOs right now being developed well unless the Amazon one is but that one is a ways out.
    How many days are there in February?
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    There is nothing major coming out anytime soon. Closest one is Revelation Online, but its not really all that great. Many far better games than it already on the market.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Quizzical said:
    flguy147 said:
    Quizzical said:
    February 30.

How many days are there in February?
    Haha,  Damn man, i totally didnt even catch it.  Much credit
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Star Citizen, April 1st... you can take that to Chris' bank.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Revelation Online, Bless Online, MU Legend, Lineage Eternal, Moonlight Blade, Age Of Wushu 2 and maybe Peria Chronicles. 

Dark And Light too but do not know how much mmo it will be. 

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    My money is on Crowfall in Q4.
    I don't think we will see any other MMORPGs released this year except for Survival games such as DnL and Conan Exiles.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Problem is they start covering so many games that are in early alpha that it seems like development is forever
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Ummm, well, Albion Online might be some time mid-year.  It's no AAA, but what is these days?
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Bless Online and Lost Ark, and Lineage Eternal really have my interest. I'm not a fan of Asian games, but these three are certainly better than what the west can currently offer.
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Dark and light is really the only game (not so mmo... I know) that has any chance of coming out this year.

Pantheon and CU are rumored for  Q4'ish 2017....  but it is most likely 2018; and that is only any sort of larger beta.

Crowfall... Maybe mid or late 2017.  I think that has the best chance of coming out in 2017 compared to the other titles, just by judging where they are in development compared to the other games.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Wow, talk about depressing.

It wasn't that long ago that several new AAA MMOs were being launched every year.
    --------------------------------------------
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Grim looking year indeed, fortunately I'm well occupied so its all good.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2017
    Iselin said:
    Star Citizen, April 1st... you can take that to Chris' bank.
    Just like H1Z1 ,there is more profit in just continuing the cherade.

I am certain that every single developer pays attention and they see the added income a disguised release does.So every single developer now,aside from single player games is going to release as early access and milk it for as long as they can ,then when all things die out create a new ad campaign to pretend there is a NEW RELEASE party happening.

These tactics tell us one thing for certain,they are releasing unfinished crap but some smart person along the way found a way to market these crap releases and brand them as something different.

I know of one actual release that i fully expects releases this year and that is the FFXI mobile version but i am not even sure if it is just a new chapter or a port over.Square Enix doesn't play these head games that so many over in NA seem to rely on,yes Nexon will operate it and yes will be a huge cash shop grind but it is what it is,that is your guarantee release for the year,everything else will be cheap unfinished EA.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Just follow this site,all of these crappy unfinished releases send their ad campaigns to this site,so you can bet you will eventually see all the C D E and bottom of the barrel F minus games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.