Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Revelation Online, 6 classes, come on man...

NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
So I made a thread about my vanilla EQ comparison a while back...

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/447954/the-vanilla-everquest-comparison/p1

I just can't believe these new games are offering so much less in the class and race department than original EQ. It's pathetic.

EQ had 14 classes in vanilla. Revelation doesn't even hit half that. W T F

You can be sure they have a cash shop and founders packs though!

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Comments

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Games did not take long to make back then. 
    Everquest had a small programming team; A team that was working on other projects simultaneously. In Early to Mid 1996, EQ Development began. Everquest launched in Early 1999. 

They did not have to focus so much on graphics.
    However, the two things that I loved about Everquest as a Franchise was 

1) They got the idea on lore spot on early on. 
    2) They actually have a protagonist (Firiona Vie) 

Today, MMOs require a lot more development to make their worlds believable, along with MUCH LARGER Development Teams. I read about games that have anywhere from 180 - 400 people in a Development Team. Overwatch had around 100 people in the development team. 

Everquest 1 came out during a time where a single artist was good enough to do the character modeling for an entire game. This became a popular trend in JRPGs. For example, the dragon quest series of games had of all characters and enemies designed and created by Akira Toriyama. 

Also, back then was a time where one was expected to buy a complete game. Not a BETA Game that would then be completed upon being given an expansion. Also, a secret to all the expansions of Everquest 1 is that their focus wasn't on super high-end graphics, but on focusing on adding to the world and its lore.

Although I don't play Everquest. 
    I consider the game itself to be on the list of titles I dub as "Legendary" and worthy to explore as playing the game itself really is like walking through the history of MMORPG development.