Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaming Keypad advice

Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
Been playing games with a gaming keypad since I first saw the Nostromo N52 at a Walmart back in 2005. I've had a few since. The last two gaming keypads I were the logitech g13 and the Razer Orbweaver. I had the G13 for 3 years before it broke on me and I bought another. The 2nd one was DOA and so I decided to get an Orbweaver a little over a year ago. However now the dpad on my orbweaver is going bad so I'm looking to get another keypad again.

So, the things I liked about the G13:
Very comfortable for my hand. 
I like the thumb-stick more than the d-pad thing on the Orbweaver (surprisingly).
My first one lasted me a long time compared to my Orbweaver.

Things I didn't like about the G13:
Software was always a little quirky.
Keys got soft after the 2nd year mark.

Things I like about the Orbweaver:
Looks cool.
Mechanical keys.
Adjustable to fit my hand.
Never had any problems with Razer Software.

Things I don't like:
Can't adjust it to fit my hand exactly how I want. Even After about 15 months I still notice this and not 100% comfortable.
Dpad.
Build quality is a little low seeing as how the dpad is wearing out so soon. And the rubber pad started sliding off about 1 month after having it. So I super glued it on. 

So anyways, here I am again, about to spend money on one of these. I'm having a really hard time deciding based on what I've written. Any advice, preferably based on personal experience, is welcome.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

Comments

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I have the Orbweaver but I with there was some middle ground between that and the older Nostromos. I like the replacement of the wheel with keys, barely ever used the wheel, but I don't like the loud keys myself. I never found the dpad usable for it's intended purpose, so I used it for Jump/Crouch and maybe mount/dodge. Everything working fine still. I'd also be interested to hear of any other options though.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I had the Belkin Nostromo N52 which is now the Orbweaver. Personally, I didn't find it very useful. My desk doesn't really have room for both the keyboard and keypad. So usage of the keypad had limited.
    I could move my keyboard away when I needed to use my tablet, but the act of moving my keyboard away and keypad in place made it too much a hassle.