Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Way I would Do Legacy.

darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
First and first I am not a legacy fan boy. I couldn't really care if they did or not but with the recent info on all the pirate stuff and the fact that my Youtube subs are talking about it a lot I figured I would brain storm the way I would like to see them implemented if they were to actually ever do it.

First step would be to make it a paid service, I do not mean a sub for just legacy a flat one time payment at the beginning of the season (i will go into that soon) on top of keeping an active Live account. So you would not have to pay monthly for the legacy as well as a monthly for live just one sub and a one time a year payment for legacy. 

Now what I meant by seasons is at the bottom of the server list page when you boot the game up you see at the end PVP Tournament. This is a paid service that you buy your way into for the season. You pay for a character and then nothing else other than your live account fee. This would be the same for legacy, because the content is limited they cant really build onto the content from 13 years ago, so how to keep it fun and fresh? Well season it. Open registration up for it and you pay some where between 10-30 dollars to get a character for that season. The seasons last a year give or take the length that Vanilla was live before BC showed up. During this time they will stagger the content releases. Each Tier a race and a leader board. As guilds and teams pass these check points they get rewards for their live account. Once all content has been released and a certain amount of time has past the world is shut down Toons are wiped rewards are given out in live and its refreshed and started again. For another payment of 10-30 dollars.

What would this do? It would create reason for those of us who have no true interest to show some interest. It would create a competitive idea around the legacy as well as bring bonus to the characters we do truly care about our mains. Now this would just be one server type.

In total each region will be given 4 servers for legacy PVP-Ranked/Non-Ranked, PVE-Ranked/non-ranked. The non-ranked servers will be constant and be where the Ranked characters are Transferred at the end of the season. Making a non-ranked character still cost the 10-30 but it is forever yours. 

At the end of each season you could get awards that are based on your rank. Participation and high ranking. Mounts, pets, titles things that can show people in live you a Nostalgia bad ass.

Now Obviously this is just a idea not 100% it would work and it would of course need work, but it would give the people who want legacy a way to play it, it would draw in people who would want benefit from it, and it would be something that could make blizzard even more money on WoW.

What are your thoughts? What would you add or remove? How long would a season be? Let me know.

Comments

• Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    Seems like a lot of work for the devs. And how do you score points in these tournaments? 
    They cant even ballance PVP in Legion so good luck expecting them to ballance classes and specs that are over a decade old. 

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Kunai_Vax said:
    Seems like a lot of work for the devs. And how do you score points in these tournaments? 
    They cant even ballance PVP in Legion so good luck expecting them to ballance classes and specs that are over a decade old. 
    Its not point based, its more time based, but if they were to do points there is a pool, the first group to get to them gets a certain amount of the pool. As more groups get to this point they get a little less and little less untill there is really no more points other than, hey at least you finished it pat on the back. Its not perfect and Blizz themselves said legacy would be a huge undertaking and would be balanced threw out seasons.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited January 2017
    4 servers. So you will be limiting the number of characters yes? So how do you plan to deal with the uproar from those people who don't get onto one of these servers?

Fast forward .... after you have added more servers ..... how do you deal with "empty" non-legacy servers? Probably wait it out a few weeks on the assumption that many go - leading to:

And then non-legacy servers that might become very, very full?
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Legacy is far from  innovative...

timewalking is the answer, reforming all old zones to level 110, and then creating timewalking events... even allowing people to choose , normal, hard or epic versions ...  

if you combine timewalking with special events im special zones, it turns into a huge party...

timewalking is the way to revive all the old content and stories noboddy plays anymore.. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Blizzard missed the train on Legacy servers.  Too many people now are looking at new games that are being designed with old school MMORPGs in mind like, Shards Online, Ashes of Creation, Pantheon, and hell even star citizen.  These games will force people to either work together again or go to modern MMOs where they will be bored after a few months of content being spoon fed to them.  The people that now want to play Vanilla/TBC WOW will also stay on private servers because Blizzard by being ignorant and thinking they know best pissed off so many people that they will not play on a official classic server anymore.  Just look at the stunt by Nost recently.  People are piss and have moved on.  

Blizzard will continue to Milk WOW with diminished returns every expansion until there is about a million people playing and population no longer spikes more than 25% to 50% for an expansion.  There reason comes down best to what my wife said to me the other night about MMORPGs in General and she has been fairly happy with making MMORPGs casual But feels it went too far.   "Today I no longer log in and hear people saying Come on Ny lets go run a Dungeon.  I also no longer feel that, Great its Tuesday night I get to raid with my friends.  No the game while made it good for people who can only play 5 to 15 hours a week with LFD/LFR its made people no longer care about the most important thing about MMORPGs which is the social atmosphere.  Yes you can get in one of the more progressive raiding guilds today, But there is NO social aspect there at all because people only log on to raid, they expect you to run dungeons on your own. So why should I put any effort into an MMORPG that sets itself up as casual friendly when in all honestly its just like going and buying Skyrim.  I might as well play Skyrim because WOW is no longer an MMORPG."

Yep that came from my wife who always thought I was wrong about WOTLK and LFD and the LFR because it allowed her to see content she would otherwise not see.  Yet Guess what, her and I seen all of MC during Vanilla, AQ20, and ZG.  We also got into BWL and a little bit of AQ 40.  Yet we also had less time during Vanilla because we both worked full time and went to school full time, she also had a kid.  Yet we managed all that with no casual tools?  How was that?  She had scheduled nights for her nursing homework, I had scheduled nights for my Business classes homework and I took 1 week off from WOW ever 3 to 4 weeks for large projects like Papers.  We manage to have friends and be one of the more progressive guilds on our server.  Yet today no one seems to have time for anything more than a treadmill then wonder why the fuck they are bored after 2 months.  

I was a fan of WOW bringing back Vanilla servers.  After all the shit they did in the last year around Vanilla private servers and with the vanilla community.  I say fuck you blizzard, I will end up staying with FFXIV until i settle in either, Ashes of Creation, Pantheon, or Shards Online while also playing Dark n Light.  Even though these games will take months to get to max level or see all the content, I say its 100 times better than seeing all the content in 3 months then not having but 14 months to wait for anything worth my time.  MMORPGs are suppose to be social and players do not need LFD/LFR to get to see the content they want.  They are suppose to take time like months to get through MC.  
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Legacy is far from  innovative...

timewalking is the answer, reforming all old zones to level 110, and then creating timewalking events... even allowing people to choose , normal, hard or epic versions ...  

if you combine timewalking with special events im special zones, it turns into a huge party...

timewalking is the way to revive all the old content and stories noboddy plays anymore.. 
    I agree that time walking goes a long way toward reviving old flames.

However it can't make food relevant, it made cc relevant only until you got some gear, it won't itself revert to the old kill time average, or difficulty, and it doesn't recreate the old style quests (rpg-style type).

So although i would absolutely enjoy time walking entire zones and expansions, it would only be part of the picture.