Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I play ESO? and why do you?

124»

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Because I played it since beta as a hardcore pvper hoping that they'd turn the downhill pvp performance/balance/no-content around one day. Now, it's simply just such an easy game on top of the fact I know everything about it I'm playing it till something better, or attempting to be better, comes out.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Cause people crazy.

Where is the mechanics in this game? It's terrible! ZERG ZERG ZERG is all I see.

This the only time you can play your way with any build that is not META!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Cause people crazy.

Where is the mechanics in this game? It's terrible! ZERG ZERG ZERG is all I see.

Lol. A bunch of people organize a wacky fun group event in a multiplayer game and all you can think of is "ZERG ZERG ZERG"?

Has soloing in MMOs gotten so mainstream that putting down group play is now a thing... in an MMORPG discussion site of all places?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Cause people crazy.

Lol. A bunch of people organize a wacky fun group event in a multiplayer game and all you can think of is "ZERG ZERG ZERG"?

Has soloing in MMOs gotten so mainstream that putting down group play is now a thing... in an MMORPG discussion site of all places?

This exactly what my experience has been and the video pretty sums up group play whether you think is wacky fun or not. Folks putting together raids for Dolmen (or rifts) facerolling everything. Things die so fast you are lucky to get in a hit. You might as well be watching twitch TV because it's pretty much non interactive.

If this is your idea of group play easily punching baby kittens in the face this is hardly fun or challenging.

Zenimax did a shitty job introducing group content.
  • cranthugcranthug Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Went back to see improvements since launch, am very impressed with how things have progressed!

I have been playing it mostly as a solo player with little free time to spare, but love to jump into the random dungeons when I need a break from quests.  It is a great game for the completionist, as I am just finishing up Glenumbra zone and have reached level 30.   I've gotten countless hours of entertainment already.

Server is teeming with people everywhere I have gone, and are especially active for events apparently as there was a swarm this morning for the Jester event NPCs.  Only issue I've had with pop has been trying to finish world bosses in out of the way places.

They have done much to improve the game, it is great if you want to follow a bit of quest text and casually progress along.  Quite a bit to do and it has been all enjoyable so far...well maybe except for guild store mechanic still but with just a bit of effort you can usually find what random thing you need.

I should mention I play on PS4 now and as the first mmo I've played on console I can't gauge anything else but the combat and controls work very well for me. 

Will keep playing and likely get Morrowind, much more to do...well worth the b2p and the craft bag alone makes a sub worthwhile if not its a fight for bag space.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Alomar said:
    Because I played it since beta as a hardcore pvper hoping that they'd turn the downhill pvp performance/balance/no-content around one day. Now, it's simply just such an easy game on top of the fact I know everything about it I'm playing it till something better, or attempting to be better, comes out.

Why would a self proclaimed 'hardcore pvper' play a non risked bragging rights pathetic pve game with a casual pvp system? 

You ain't hardcore your no core trying to be hardcore cos you killed that dude a million times and got to buy that shiny armour. You lost nothing when you got your ass handed to ya on multiple occasions, you just respawned and carried on where you left off lol. 

Hardcore my ass. 

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    I bought it... thats the main reason right now..... but honestly I havent ever been satisfied by ANY of their games because I love them that much. I am still not finished with all of the previous ones. I guess maybe I should play this one while it has people because that means it is only temporary but meh.... just other games that I have been enjoying more. (like Skyrim and Morrowind and OBlivion hell I might even revisit Darkfall errr duhh oops daggerfalll someday... WANT TO FINISH THOSE SOMEDAY STILL!

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Iselin said:
    Cause people crazy.

This exactly what my experience has been and the video pretty sums up group play whether you think is wacky fun or not. Folks putting together raids for Dolmen (or rifts) facerolling everything. Things die so fast you are lucky to get in a hit. You might as well be watching twitch TV because it's pretty much non interactive.

If this is your idea of group play easily punching baby kittens in the face this is hardly fun or challenging.

What the ever-loving shit are you talking about?

If it were not for the fact that I do not like the approach they took with builds/skills I would still be playing this.

The group content in this game is phenomenal and it's incredibly easy to team up for things that aren't instanced.  Not everything has to be a dungeon-level encounter, it's called variety.

Have even done any content designed for organized groups? or are you seriously trying to compare that kind of content to open-world stuff designed to be gang-banged?  Either way I am certain you're talking out of your ass.

And this is from someone who doesn't even play anymore.
    Alomar said:

Why would a self proclaimed 'hardcore pvper' play a non risked bragging rights pathetic pve game with a casual pvp system? 

You ain't hardcore your no core trying to be hardcore cos you killed that dude a million times and got to buy that shiny armour. You lost nothing when you got your ass handed to ya on multiple occasions, you just respawned and carried on where you left off lol. 

Hardcore my ass. 

ESO PvP is fun, but I wouldn't call it hardcore by any means lol
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Alomar said:

Hardcore my ass. 
    pathetic pve? when was the last time you payed ESO? all i have seen you do is blindly hate on this game since it came out, have you ever played it?

Iselin said:
    Cause people crazy.

to me it looked more like an RP event and if you are not an RP'er or have never tried it, then i don't blame you for not understanding.

they were all werewolves, it's not like they were seriously trying to raid a doleman and just happen to be all werewolves lol

Iselin said:
    Cause people crazy.

If it were not for the fact that I do not like the approach they took with builds/skills I would still be playing this.

The group content in this game is phenomenal and it's incredibly easy to team up for things that aren't instanced.  Not everything has to be a dungeon-level encounter, it's called variety.

Have even done any content designed for organized groups? or are you seriously trying to compare that kind of content to open-world stuff designed to be gang-banged?  Either way I am certain you're talking out of your ass.

Oh gosh not the talking out of my ass guy! Of course you had to be the one to try and label this one me.

I never said anything about how difficult it is to FIND a GROUP!

The group content is too fucking EASY, NOT Challenging,...THINGS die TOO fast!

Sub.JPG 71.6K
    baphamet said:
    Iselin said:
    Cause people crazy.

to me it looked more like an RP event and if you are not an RP'er or have never tried it, then i don't blame you for not understanding.

they were all werewolves, it's not like they were seriously trying to raid a doleman and just happen to be all werewolves lol

Oh you're this guy!

RP or not I could careless, they can all be Vampires, Imperials, Wood Elves, .....again it still doesn't excuse the fact of how easy group content is and how fast things die. 

Iselin said:
    Cause people crazy.

Oh gosh not the talking out of my ass guy! Of course you had to be the one to try and label this one me.

And yet in all that time you never bothered to do a dungeon? Because all your complaints are about open-world content.  Again, content DESIGNED to be zerged by whoever is in the area. 

I shouldn't have even mention ease of grouping, because you read that one part and responded to it and only it.

Makes sense when you can't make an actual argument to the main point though....
    Iselin said:
    Cause people crazy.

And yet in all that time you never bothered to do a dungeon? Because all your complaints are about open-world content.  Again, content DESIGNED to be zerged by whoever is in the area. 

I shouldn't have even mention ease of grouping, because you read that one part and responded to it and only it.

Folks like you are amazing always shooting from the waist like a real cowboy. 

I had already covered that! 

4th Page 2nd Comment down after @baphamet

A Duffy Guide is in the works to help you out! I have not made decision on creating a Wiki page to cover what I covered already on 4th page 2nd comment. Though, it may come in handy for some.

Yes.... dungeons are complete cluster fuck, but at least you can get a full rotation in before the boss dies!
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    edited March 2017

A Duffy Guide is in the works to help you out! I have not made decision on creating a Wiki page to cover what I covered already on 4th page 2nd comment. Though, it may come in handy for some.

Yes.... dungeons are complete cluster fuck, but at least you can get a full rotation in before the boss dies!
    Complains about zergs and dungeons being cluster fucks in ESO.  Thinks GW2 is the greatest MMO ever. O.o

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

baphamet said:
    Iselin said:
    Cause people crazy.

Oh you're this guy!

RP or not I could careless, they can all be Vampires, Imperials, Wood Elves, .....again it still doesn't excuse the fact of how easy group content is and how fast things die. 

have you played all the group content? it's not much different than wow except they are 4 man groups so there is much less room for failure. especially the newer dungeons, they are much tougher.

anyone can zerg doleman's, it's a zerg regardless because there are so many people usually doing them. but doleman's are not ESO's group content and if you think that it is maybe you should actually play the game before bitching about it?
    SOLO, very few moments when there is a group unless you join a pointless raid for Dolman's ZERG FEST in which things die very very fast.

Yes you can build your character the way you want to and play the way you want, but not so much in group content.

Weapon swapping is no where near as good as GW2 needs a lot of work or just scrap it.

Dungeons so far have been fun(with the right group) and sloppy(making it worst than Aion):
    • Hybrid Healers aka (The Buddy Fucker) needing to DPS and heal forgetting about the TANK!
    • DPS out of healing range they die complain the healer can't heal.
    • DPS aka (The Buddy Fuckers) tagging everything Healer aggros they die. People complain Tank is not aggroing mobs.
    • Tank AOE Threat is a joke, single target is not broken at least oh... wait see below
    • DPS/Hybrid Healers use Heavy Attack on their Icestaff pulling aggro from Tank and complain the tank can't tank.
    • LOS such a useful strategy...NO...everyone wasn't to faceroll everything and wonder why they keep dying.
    • 600cp player wants to faceroll everything quits because lvl 23 players can't keep up with him/her
    • lvl 23 players want to faceroll as if he was on his main 600cp quits cause we are not killing stuff fast enough.

i will respond to this since you claimed this to be so full of information.........what you are bitching about are pugs. this is no different than any MMO that utilizes a queue system like wow or ESO.

you do realize that you can join a high end guild, right? have you done anything other than puging normal dungeons? it's obvious you haven't. 

i get it, you love GW2 and see ESO as a threat for some reason. just go play it and don't worry about why others prefer ESO.

baphamet said:
    SOLO, very few moments when there is a group unless you join a pointless raid for Dolman's ZERG FEST in which things die very very fast.

Yes you can build your character the way you want to and play the way you want, but not so much in group content.

Weapon swapping is no where near as good as GW2 needs a lot of work or just scrap it.

Dungeons so far have been fun(with the right group) and sloppy(making it worst than Aion):
    • Hybrid Healers aka (The Buddy Fucker) needing to DPS and heal forgetting about the TANK!
    • DPS aka (The Buddy Fuckers) tagging everything Healer aggros they die. People complain Tank is not aggroing mobs.
    • Tank AOE Threat is a joke, single target is not broken at least oh... wait see below
    • DPS/Hybrid Healers use Heavy Attack on their Icestaff pulling aggro from Tank and complain the tank can't tank.
    • LOS such a useful strategy...NO...everyone wasn't to faceroll everything and wonder why they keep dying.
    • 600cp player wants to faceroll everything quits because lvl 23 players can't keep up with him/her
    • lvl 23 players want to faceroll as if he was on his main 600cp quits cause we are not killing stuff fast enough.

i will respond to this since you claimed this to be so full of information.........what you are bitching about are pugs. this is no different than any MMO that utilizes a queue system like wow or ESO.

you do realize that you can join a high end guild, right? have you done anything other than puging normal dungeons? it's obvious you haven't. 

i get it, you love GW2 and see ESO as a threat for some reason. just go play it and don't worry about why others prefer ESO.

PUGGING is part of the experience is it not? Also part of the ESO community? Are you acknowledging normal dungeons shouldn't be part of it either?

Are you fucking kidding about this shit joining a HIGH END guild to get the full experience?

Oh, wait you want to start making exceptions? This seems pretty common thing around these boards making exceptions..."oh, well that there,...it really doesn't count."

My experience starts the moment I start playing the fucking game and not when you feel it will get better at a certain point of the game. For some it starts the moment they make their purchase or even before that. 

Pretty much every MMO has it's Pros and Cons. ESO will be handed the same criticism I have given about GW2 dynamic events or BDO bullshit ass combo system. I still play these games and still have time for some WOW. 

ESO Animation Clipping is fucking awesome right?
    Ginaz said:

Complains about zergs and dungeons being cluster fucks in ESO.  Thinks GW2 is the greatest MMO ever. O.o
    Just about any MMO has it's greatness, but when have communities so caught up on having META/COOKIE Cutter builds it really loses it's flare. Rushing through content is fucking old as shit now.
    edited March 2017
    baphamet said:

PUGGING is part of the experience is it not? Also part of the ESO community? Are you acknowledging normal dungeons shouldn't be part of it either?

Are you fucking kidding about this shit joining a HIGH END guild to get the full experience?

Oh, wait you want to start making exceptions? This seems pretty common thing around these boards making exceptions..."oh, well that there,...it really doesn't count."

My experience starts the moment I start playing the fucking game and not when you feel it will get better at a certain point of the game. For some it starts the moment they make their purchase or even before that. 

Pretty much every MMO has it's Pros and Cons. ESO will be handed the same criticism I have given about GW2 dynamic events or BDO bullshit ass combo system. I still play these games and still have time for some WOW. 

ESO Animation Clipping is fucking awesome right?
    you are bitching about how easy and faceroll the group content is based on zerging doleman's and normal dungeons, that's is your L2P issue. you want challenge? do the fucking challenging content the game has to offer.

when you make a blanket statement about the group content and say it's too faceroll, then try playing all the group content first before you start bitching, not just the easy shit then bitch because it's too easy.

you go right ahead and point me to a game that isn't unbelievably easy with solo pve content and their normal dungeons. try doing wow normal dungeons and you will experience the same thing.

this is no different than someone playing the first 5 levels and quiting because the game is too easy, which is likely the case here. 

you also don't have to join a high end guild, i said that because your main gripe was with people not knowing how to play in normal pug dungeons......that is nothing new in pugs and that is what normal dungeons are for, for people new to doing them that just want to experience and learn the content.

join a guild that has their shit together and just group with them and do hard modes and that fixes every fucking problem you just complained about.

the end.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I have not been in an mmo that allows people to be this creative in a long time.  I think I am in TESO because of the players more than the game.