Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fastest I've ever uninstalled an mmo

Comments

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Melgaroth said:
    Forgrimm said:

The combat in this game is reputed by many to be the most active, engaging and entertaining combat in any MMO. Most likely you were experiencing lag, the servers have been a bit laggy lately.

Mobs in this game are meant to be mercilessly slaughtered, they have added a new elite in Valencia that has very very good AI and is really hard to fight but for the most part the mobs are meant to be cash pinnatas.

My remarks are in bold/italics. You really can not review a game with any credibility by playing if for less than an hour which is what I assume you did, maybe 2 hours.

This is one of the best MMO's I have ever played, period. I have played nearly every AAA MMO there is.

None of your complaints hilariously enough are actually ABOUT the game itself, they are just nitpicky ADHD observations about the cosmetics of the game. I really wanted to see a coherent argument in here but it was mostly just asinine complaints that do not affect the average player who plays this game.

0/10 on your ability to review games.
    Professional game reviewers have to give a game a chance, real players don't. And I did the exact same thing as the OP. I saw the combat was a meaningless button mash, the UI was annoying and wrecked a good looking game. The fact you can turn that off is irrelevant, that is how they chose to present their game. Your 2 replies above don't make sense together. How can a merciless slaughter also be engaging? It seems like the game only appeals to the people who like hyper button mashing combat, which I don't think is the majority.
    It's not the players job to give any game a chance. Just like any good book or movie it's the creator's job to hook you and pull you along till the end. A lot of MMORPG players seem to be fine with games that are more like work then entertainment, and that's great if you are OK with that, but you should realize not everyone feels that way. All the points the OP mentioned are valid and are either the developers fault or a simple matter of wrong target audience. It's a fair warning for others who feel the same way. 
    You being a garbage player and spamming abilities at random doesn't make combat a meaningless button mash. It just means that you're a bad player. If you're like OP (as you say) and quit within 15 minutes then you only had 2 abilities to "button mash" at that point anyway. What you and OP are saying makes about as much sense as logging into WoW for 5 minutes casting fireball a few times and writing a review that WoW is just spamming 1 spell over and over, when the reality is WoW was the original ability bloat MMO with 3 bars full of abilities to use. Making a judgement about a massive game 15 minutes into it makes your judgement invalid. Trying to pass your nonsense off as a meaningful review is trolling.

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Surprised to see so many people defending this game. I bought the founders package played early access, played for a few weeks beyond that then tapped out. Beautiful graphics is all it had going for it in my opinion. Gender lock was pretty hilarious at launch with 2-3 potential male classes one of which being a geriatric. Which means that a vast majority of players were forced to go female. Which is fine, I like playing Waifu dress up as much as the next guy. :proud:  Playing this game with friends seemed pretty pointless. Finding shiny new gear and not being able to trade it to a buddy who is in party when I looted it was mind boggling. I could go on and on about all the things that are wrong with this game. I could touch base on rampant exploits and hacking, insane cash shop prices (and I am one to whale in a game I like but jesus this game really set the bar high on pricing), or maybe just the piss poor community (which I am seeing a lot of here in this post).

"You being a garbage player and spamming abilities at random doesn't make combat a meaningless button mash."

Jesus buddy relax its just a forum post. Combat was meaningless sorry to burst your bubble. PVP is decided by who had more potions because the potion cool down timers are meant for a game that doesn't promote team play. I am assuming Daum Games has made some improvements since I quit or there is no way you would be this butt hurt about someone not liking this polished turd of a game. 

F2Plague said:

"You being a garbage player and spamming abilities at random doesn't make combat a meaningless button mash."

Jesus buddy relax its just a forum post. Combat was meaningless sorry to burst your bubble. PVP is decided by who had more potions because the potion cool down timers are meant for a game that doesn't promote team play. I am assuming Daum Games has made some improvements since I quit or there is no way you would be this butt hurt about someone not liking this polished turd of a game. 

I'm not sure where you're getting that I'm upset. If someone walks up and tells me that Street Fighter was just mindless button mashing my review of their skill level is that they're a garbage player. They didn't understand game mechanics, their abilities or the potential combos that can be chained to control a fight. They're not a player that is qualified to comment because they have no idea what they're talking about.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    edited January 2017

Professional game reviewers have to give a game a chance, real players don't. And I did the exact same thing as the OP. I saw the combat was a meaningless button mash, the UI was annoying and wrecked a good looking game. The fact you can turn that off is irrelevant, that is how they chose to present their game. Your 2 replies above don't make sense together. How can a merciless slaughter also be engaging? It seems like the game only appeals to the people who like hyper button mashing combat, which I don't think is the majority.
    It's not the players job to give any game a chance. Just like any good book or movie it's the creator's job to hook you and pull you along till the end. A lot of MMORPG players seem to be fine with games that are more like work then entertainment, and that's great if you are OK with that, but you should realize not everyone feels that way. All the points the OP mentioned are valid and are either the developers fault or a simple matter of wrong target audience. It's a fair warning for others who feel the same way. 
    While I agree a player doesn't have to "give a game a chance" in that they can get turned off at the font use and that would be relevant to the them, they should be responsible and not praise or disparage a game without knowing the full story.

Many of the things he didn't like can be turned off. The whole "presents thing" (which they haven't entirely removed yet but I'm downloading a patch so we'll see) came with the Holiday celebrations, The pop-in I can forgive and it does get partially solved with a high end machine (which I now have) but that's definitely legit.

Still, Lord of the Rings Online has a rather unusual pop-in style and I would be curious to see what large world game he likes and how it handles distant items.

So yeah, it's great that he didn't like the game and took it off his system. But when a good amount of his criticisms can be dealt with in "options" as well as some research then it starts being a bit suspect.

Keep in mind i don't think he has an agenda at all. I genuinely believe he loaded up the game rolled his eyes and took it off. But it doesn't really paint an accurate picture given what we actually know about the game.
    Post edited by Sovrath on
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MelgarothMelgaroth Member UncommonPosts: 42
    People coming on here and saying "He's not a professional reviewer so you can't get mad at him!!!!'  Need to shut up.

When you share an opinion on the internet that does not show the slightest bit of coherent reasoning or thought put behind it or is just petty and stupid then its gonna get challenged.

I don't care if you're IGN or some 8 year old if you make a stupid post i'm going to slam you for it.

That being said I've already stated my opinion on this particular "review" so I won't go into that again but for the people defending him for having an opinion, i am also going to defend myself for having one too and I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited January 2017
    Melgaroth said:
    Forgrimm said:

The combat in this game is reputed by many to be the most active, engaging and entertaining combat in any MMO. Most likely you were experiencing lag, the servers have been a bit laggy lately.

Mobs in this game are meant to be mercilessly slaughtered, they have added a new elite in Valencia that has very very good AI and is really hard to fight but for the most part the mobs are meant to be cash pinnatas.

My remarks are in bold/italics. You really can not review a game with any credibility by playing if for less than an hour which is what I assume you did, maybe 2 hours.

This is one of the best MMO's I have ever played, period. I have played nearly every AAA MMO there is.

None of your complaints hilariously enough are actually ABOUT the game itself, they are just nitpicky ADHD observations about the cosmetics of the game. I really wanted to see a coherent argument in here but it was mostly just asinine complaints that do not affect the average player who plays this game.

You being a garbage player and spamming abilities at random doesn't make combat a meaningless button mash. It just means that you're a bad player. If you're like OP (as you say) and quit within 15 minutes then you only had 2 abilities to "button mash" at that point anyway. What you and OP are saying makes about as much sense as logging into WoW for 5 minutes casting fireball a few times and writing a review that WoW is just spamming 1 spell over and over, when the reality is WoW was the original ability bloat MMO with 3 bars full of abilities to use. Making a judgement about a massive game 15 minutes into it makes your judgement invalid. Trying to pass your nonsense off as a meaningful review is trolling.

Don't look in the mirror, the troll there might frighten you.

I feel sorry for the people who have not reached the pvp level yet.  Most pathetic pvp in any game I have played in a long time.  When the end game is that bad it just makes the entire game bad.

The sad thing was I liked the game in the early levels.  Just mad I wasted time on it now.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    edited January 2017
    I try not to judge a game that quickly and give it a few hours but with dragon's prophet I fought a few humanoids and then quickly uninstalled the game. It was just that awful and I doubt black desert online could have been that bad.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    combat is really awful, I like action combat but in BDO ...
    Ozmodan said:
    Melgaroth said:
    Forgrimm said:

I feel sorry for the people who have not reached the pvp level yet.  Most pathetic pvp in any game I have played in a long time.  When the end game is that bad it just makes the entire game bad.

The sad thing was I liked the game in the early levels.  Just mad I wasted time on it now.
    I don't think you know what trolling is.
    Shaigh said:
    I try not to judge a game that quickly and give it a few hours but with dragon's prophet I fought a few humanoids and then quickly uninstalled the game. It was just that awful and I doubt black desert online could have been that bad.
    I've never played DP but I don't see how anyone can make a judgement on the game from killing a few enemies. TERA was a pretty bad experience for the first 10-15 levels. You have few skills and those you do have are generally the crappy ones that don't combo well. If I based my judgement on just that I would have given the game a 2/10. But once you weather that the game gets progressively better as you get more abilities. I ultimately would give TERA a 7-8/10.

BDO wasn't quite as slow of a start as you get some pretty cool abilities between level 4-8, but the first few levels are just learning to play the game and they don't want you to have to think about complex key combinations while you're still figuring out the basics like moving and dodging.
  • MelgarothMelgaroth Member UncommonPosts: 42
    edited January 2017
    Ozmodan said:
    Melgaroth said:
    Forgrimm said:

It's your attitude that gets games destroyed. People who play casually, and don't have the time to be as geared as those who spend more time in the game, want to be on an equal footing with them and it makes no logical sense. So then developers make it easier and easier to get all the really hard to get loot and eventually all the people at the top get pissed that all their time was wasted and they leave. This leaves the people like you around who don't care about sticking it out with a game long term, so you get all that sweet loot and then get bored and leave and then the game slowly dies.

The grind to get the gear is what keeps people playing and enjoying the game. Carebears like you are the ones who see how hard it is to get that gear and get killed by a guy who has dedicated months of grinding vs you who have played maybe 100 hours or less and then you pitch a fit and say its unfair. "OMG I just got killed by a guy who has played WAAAY more than me and also is probably much more skilled on top of that!!! CRAPPY PVP OMGZZZZZZ".

If you want fair pvp go play CoD, or the new WoW BG system that normalizes gear scores, or countless other games that only take skill into effect. BDO is a very unique game for a LOT of people but if the keys were handed over to people like you no one would enjoy it. Also there are many ways to avoid pvp if you don't want to participate - Channel swap, join a guild that helps, move to a different grind spot, etc etc. 

I play the game mostly lifeskilling with some grinding mixed in and do node wars with my guild. Never have I felt powerless against higher geared opponents because there are so many ways to avoid it.
    Ozmodan said:
    Melgaroth said:
    Forgrimm said:

Shaigh said:
    I've never played DP but I don't see how anyone can make a judgement on the game from killing a few enemies. TERA was a pretty bad experience for the first 10-15 levels. You have few skills and those you do have are generally the crappy ones that don't combo well. If I based my judgement on just that I would have given the game a 2/10. But once you weather that the game gets progressively better as you get more abilities. I ultimately would give TERA a 7-8/10.

BDO wasn't quite as slow of a start as you get some pretty cool abilities between level 4-8, but the first few levels are just learning to play the game and they don't want you to have to think about complex key combinations while you're still figuring out the basics like moving and dodging.
    The game had poor character customization, when you entered the world everything looked bad, animations felt like alpha quality so I didn't really need to even enter combat to know that it was going to be bad. I killed few monsters and it just confirmed what I already knew, low effort f2p garbage.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    One of the best experiences i have had in an MMO were in this game in a great guild with great PvP , until the grind became too much . The amount of time you invest in this game was the end for me.
  • solochoowookiesolochoowookie Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Many of these opinions are based on wanting the game to be easier to play or understand. Its not, you need to learn the combos, crafting you cant master in a day by sitting on one node, doing quests gets more points and more points open up more quests. If you want a theme park that is fine, but I will take more sandbox game everyday. 

IMHO the first 50 levels are just getting you ready for the game. If you want a current gen graphics MMO BDO is by far and away the best choice you have. 
  • FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130
      For me, BDO just doesn't cut it when it comes to group content.   I'm rarely play single player games and mainly stick to mmo's.    BDO feels like a single player game, imo.

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    BDO feels like a good console game. It also feels like a single player game with people around. Those are the games you play with RL friends and have some fun killing stuff. I didnt see good MMORPG elements for socialicing and grouping.

i played a few characters to 10-25. The combat part was good but it got boring fast because i felt like playing a single player game. The game isnt bad and i tried to like it. ReInstalled it 2 times. 

i would prefer a good MMORPG (sandbox) though. Something like SWG 2
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    mistmaker said:
    BDO feels like a good console game.
    If console games were looking that good with so many features, maybe I'd own a console.
    i really would play that game if i would own a console and this game available on consoles. Get bored and nothing on TV.... turn on BDO, hack&slay a bit, turn off.
    Shaigh said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Melgaroth said:
    Forgrimm said:

Shaigh said:

The game had poor character customization, when you entered the world everything looked bad, animations felt like alpha quality so I didn't really need to even enter combat to know that it was going to be bad. I killed few monsters and it just confirmed what I already knew, low effort f2p garbage.
    Wait, you are saying this about Black Desert? You didn't play then.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    No game has ever made my eyes freak harder than BDO. 

Joined - July 2004

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited February 2017
    BDO are a game you just have to endure at the beginning to be able to enjoy it later on due to the simple fact there are crapload of stuff to do.
    The tutorial and right after are painfully dull, I hated the game, but later on it opened up and I love it.
  • MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    BDO has appeal to it and I can see how people would enjoy this game. For me the art direction and the animations are not there for me and I never could really get immersed in the world, but I'm not going to call this game crap just because I don't enjoy it like other would.
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

edited February 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Shaigh said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Melgaroth said:
    Forgrimm said:

Shaigh said:

I said it about dragon's prophet. It would have been obvious if you checked the quotes.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

edited February 2017
    Shaigh said:
    Sovrath said:
    Shaigh said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Melgaroth said:
    Forgrimm said:

Shaigh said:

I said it about dragon's prophet. It would have been obvious if you checked the quotes.
    The quotes have three games mentioned, the last being Black Desert in detail. It would have been obvious if you were actually specific.

You just made one blanket statement. Can't be a mind reader.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    BDO has appeal to it and I can see how people would enjoy this game. For me the art direction and the animations are not there for me and I never could really get immersed in the world, but I'm not going to call this game crap just because I don't enjoy it like other would.
    If there were more people like you, the internet wouldn't be nearly as much of a toxic cesspool as it is today.

And this site neither. :pleased:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    If there were more people like you, the internet wouldn't be nearly as much of a toxic cesspool as it is today.

And this site neither. :pleased:
    Cmon, you enjoy the mire, you must or you wouldn't be here mucking about with the rest of us.  :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon