Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conan Exiles AMA

Comments

• ViighorViighor Member CommonPosts: 4
    Hello Joel!

I would like to know more about raiding, soo my questions are:
    Will we able to build close enought to the enemy castle in order to jump on top of it, and will we able to place mutliple beds to spawn faster and/or to spawn at multiple locations on the map.

Thank you for your answers!!
  • MavinthemervMavinthemerv Member UncommonPosts: 3
    First off, thank you for doing this Joel! Ok so my question. What driving factor or what incentive will there be for players to complete "dungeon" or cave content to fight bosses? Some other dino survival games out there currently cough cough ARK cough have dungeons so to speak with bosses but currently there really is no real incentive for players to complete that content. So what will be the incentive for players in Conan Exiles to complete boss fights? Will there be special boss loot, like gear or mats that are dropped or cosmetics perhaps?

Thank you again for your taking time to do this, I think everyone is really excited and can't wait for Conan Exiles! 
  • Battousai28Battousai28 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    two part question: How many thralls do you have to assign as guards in order to protect your stronghold while offline? can 5 defend against 5 attackers? 

2nd part: Since the map is static, thralls spawn in certain locations. What is the timer on the spawns? with 70 people on a server wouldnt it be very difficult to a mass thralls?

Thank you.

Vaniverse Gaming
    Check out all my Gaming Videos by clicking here ---> VaniverseGaming Channel
  • mcdepedromcdepedro Member CommonPosts: 1
    Hi Joel, 
    I was wondering if there would be any structure limits in the game. Is there a cap on the amount of structures a clan could build or the total number of structures a server could hold?
  • Njiko42Njiko42 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Will there be oceans? where you could build a boat and hunt fish, whales or even myhological creatures? would be cool if you could spear sharks and whales and such.
  • AriellynAriellyn Member CommonPosts: 3
    I noticed on one of the live streams that you had food in a regular storage box.   So will food have a spoil timer or no?
  • Amazon_StephanieAmazon_Stephanie Member CommonPosts: 2
    What sort of body slider options can we expect to see under the physique tab during character creation? will it be possible for us bigger/chubby gals and guys to recreate ourselves as barbarians and amazons within Conan Exiles?

• AttarikAttarik Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited January 2017
    Hi! I'm a big fan of Conan and I'm really excited to see this game being made. The questions I want to ask are;

1) Do you plan to make use of the Steam Workshop mod support?

2) Will this game support (at launch or a later update) the ability to dig underground to build trenches or cavern based fortresses?

3) Will there be magic in the game beyond the avatars of the gods, similar to Age of Conan?

Thank you guys so much for doing this AMA.
    Post edited by Attarik on
    Another Questions: In the last video you showed off the fire pots and deconstruction of different tiers of buildings: How easy are fire pots to make? are they as hard as say Tier 3 building materials? As a solo player I will probably never get above Tier 2 buildings and looks like the fire pot would wreck my building in one hit.

Also, how many hits from Iron for T1 to destroy, and Steel for T2 to destroy?

Thank you.

Vaniverse Gaming
  • DevilFireDevilFire Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Hello Joel,

Watching the game and having a blast on the videos, looking forward for the EA release in 20 days. Hope it's fine asking more than one question.

1. Do you have a plan on supporting mods? Not only game mods (would love deathmatch stuff) but also UI changes.
    2. Will you have a roadmap for the public for the newest updates?
    3. Final Question. How much will it cost to get a copy of the game? **Throws €€€ to the screen**
  • GamingWorthyGamingWorthy Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited January 2017
    Hi Joel,

IF one chooses to play on an "online" server, what impact would location of this server have on latency issues, etc. Is the games network code sent via the internet minimal? What data resides on the client side?

• remember5nremember5n Member UncommonPosts: 1
    1. What engine is the game using? Unity?

2. Will big clans absolutely dominate servers like all survival games out there or do you think if people are skilled enough they can take on a bigger group?

3. What do you think the first few updates will be about? Mounts maybe?

Well I should probably has condensed these to one post...Sorry.

On a PvP server how does looting of other players work? Is it full loot? If I die to an NPC will my body be lootable by other players? How long will my body remain before I can go back and get my stuff?
  • mupkiemupkie Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Hello!

Since slavery is a very controversial topic in our history I would like to know if you had any ethic problems or restrictions when it comes to the implementation of slaves in the game?

Thanks.
  • SnowtrudgerSnowtrudger Member CommonPosts: 1
    Good afternoon!

So my question is what are you planning to do to make the survival aspects of the game more engaging, and to take it away from being like everyother survival building games? 

And this is just me probably bit will there also be a farming aspect of the game to be able to grow your own crops and produce your own food, to include animal husbandry.

Thanks, looking forward to your response and playing the game!
  • NghtwyndNghtwynd Member CommonPosts: 1
    Good Afternoon!  

Very much looking forward to the game's release.  As for my question: 

In this genre of open world survival, it can be hard to balance the needs of people who want something to keep the game enjoyable and enticing once they've unlocked all they care to unlock, crafted all there is to craft, and built themselves a fortified stronghold that they can maintain with minimal effort.  Can you say anything about your plans for future content, or how you plan on making this game enjoyable for the long term?

• NieblingNiebling Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2017
     Hi Joel, 

How long will the day/night cycles be in the official servers?

What are the dimensions of the building pieces in meters?

Are all the avatars going to be colossal in size and melee brutes or are some of them gonna be smaller with different mechanics like flight, ranged attacks and aoe attacks?

How can I reset my attributes and craft points if I want to take a different approach or simply miss clicked?   

Will your character mouth move when you speak in game? 

Post edited by Niebling on
  • StefanTAStefanTA Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Hi Joel.

Earlier some of you from Funcom showed a sketch of something that looked like a stranded ghost ship hanging of a cliff. Will we see any more of that?

• PotentialJonesPotentialJones Member CommonPosts: 1
    Joel,

Is there a small feature, tweak, dialogue, item name, etc. most people wouldn't notice, that you think makes the game a better Conan experience.

• CimmerianZugCimmerianZug Member CommonPosts: 3
    1) Will there be official servers?

2) Will there be a offline raid prevention? So i dont get raided by other players while im sleeping.

3) All the servers are going to be PvP or will we have PvE servers also?

4) Can we friendly fire guild mates?

• AaltrixAaltrix Member CommonPosts: 1
    Hi Joel!

1. So i wonder if there will be any micro-transactions kind of thing, like maybe "Sprays" but more like Paintings (stone age) or like skins for weapons or anything like that. something similar to what h1z1 have.

2. How is the guild/clan system going to work? Is it high up on the List when it comes to development?

3. Will there be EU, NA, Asian Servers or how is it going to look?

4. How will you guys treat people that use glitches in the game that are not that harmfull and used by majority, and the one that are game breaking making other players gameplay rly bad.

5. And this one leads to how will be the hackers treat? if there will be any hackers. Its something that can destroy games population, just like how it happened with H1Z1:Just Survival.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for hurting your eyes :)
  • AriellynAriellyn Member CommonPosts: 3
    How long after you put a npc on the wheel of pain does it take for them to become your thrall?
  • LevitatingSlothLevitatingSloth Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited January 2017
    Hello, good afternoon. I got a questions I would like to ask, the questions are all on the topic of water.

1.Would you be able to go spear fishing, or fishing in lakes, or rivers that you have planned?

2.Can we build on water?

3.Will the game have boats?

4.Last question are there going to be draw bridges, with the last question in mind can we dig moats around the base, or would you be implementing it in the future?

Thank you for your time, the game looks awesome can't wait to play it. Thank you.
    Post edited by LevitatingSloth on
  • HeresWaldoHeresWaldo Member CommonPosts: 1
    Will there be materials that only drop from dungeon/area bosses so we can build epic/unique items? Even mounting a head or other body part on the wall of my great hall would be awesome. Excited for this one, thanks for everything you are doing!
  • PrincessOriPrincessOri Member CommonPosts: 1
    Hiya Joel,

Could you give some examples of PVP related aspects of the game that will be available in the EA release on January 31st?
This discussion has been closed.