Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 10 Rant.

2»

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I have ZERO issues with Windows 10!

My Secret?

I use Windows 7!

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    kjempff said:
    If you can disable everything in windows 10, then they should do that and release it as windows 11 :P
    There is nothing new in windows 10 I want, there is nothing that has been improved, it is simply a step down from 8 which was a step down from 7. Aero is shit that was pushed on us to have touch screen functionality, it offers no benefits for mouse and keyboard use.
    But hey it still beats OSX on every functionality (except command line), so I guess it depends what you compare it to :D

Again not at all correct. As a gamer there is one thing alone that should make you happy. Its the fastest OS Windows has made. It even makes old PCs run faster. My Father had a vista laptop, upgraded it to Windows 10 and WOW what a difference. Its the best OS you can install on just about any PC. Also the UI is so easy to play with, again the best job MS has done to date. 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Well I like Windows 10 much better than 8 which I was previously running.  It is also far more secure than the previous versions.  Run what you like, but I would not go back, I even have an unused Windows 7 disk somewhere.  
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    So you're basically also getting ads from windows? Glad I stayed on windows 7. That's some serious bullshit right there.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    There is actually one other major divide between people who like windows 10 and people who are annoyed by windows 10....

Whether you have Pro or Home. 

It wasn't THAT big a difference for 7, but it is a HUGE difference for 10.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I follow some computer blogs by experts on the subject and some of them refuse to use Win 10 because of privacy issues among other things.   I use it on my gaming machine but still use Win 7 on the computer for email and business stuff.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    I have never had a problem with Win 10...let's just chalk this thread as "USER ERROR" or "lack of simple computer knowledge ". 
    I was running dos commands on a tandy 1000 before you were pooping in diapers.  I never had a problem with operating systems from dos 6.2 all the way to windows 8.1   

WIndows 10 is different and the amount of hoops necessary to jump through to disable a bunch of crap is unnecessary.

And yet a few annoying yet easily disabled features are beyond you. How many angry rant threads have you made where you just end up slagging off people that try and offer you advice? Face it man you don't want advice, you don't want to fix your problem, you just want to come here and have a little soap box pity party whenever things don't go your way. Well I for one am sick of it. Its quite obvious anything anyone tells you will just fall on deaf ears.

I'm putting this dude on ignore and would heartily advise the rest of you do likewise as you're just wasting your time trying the reach the guy.
    I'm not asking for help fixing things that windows 10 did on purpose.  And the only thread where I asked for help was the MOBO problem that noone was able to fix so we assumed it was defective.  Which I did just about everything people suggested except for the simple minded things I just politely responded to in kind.  So I'm glad you like Microfosft Edge and Onenote. And the fact that you have to disable cortana in the registry to get rid of her completely.

Maybe its you who lacks education since we already had someone state the vast difference between home and professional versions.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    It takes quite a bit of work to get Win10 running how you want it, I found it extremely frustrating initially as well. However, now I have most things sorted out it just does its thing in the background and I don't even notice it (which is how an OS should be imo). 

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    I don't think I have any of your issues at all. 
    Obvious differences, I don't have Onenote.
    And although I've used Edge, it is NOT my primary browser.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited January 2017
    Windows 10 is total garbage. People say bla bla It works fine for me then they proceed to tell you all the stupid work arounds you need to go through just to get it working half decent.

People need to get off this so it fails hard and MS gets off the acid trip they are on.

OP I PMed you a link to one of my goto site when it comes to OS problems or work arounds ;)

Its worth taking the time to browse the forum and do lots of reading!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Avanah said:
    I have ZERO issues with Windows 10!

My Secret?

I use Windows 7!
    I installed it on my Sager gaming laptop earlier this year but it conflicted with my sound card which stopped working.

So the onboard sound took over and I figured I'd have to spend time sorting out the drivers.

But then I started getting total system crashes, seeing BSODs, total lock ups etc.

Decided I didnt have the patience and rolled back to 7. (which I actually paid extra for in order to avoid the free 8.1 version)

No regrets as my two friends who stayed with it continue to have weird things in EVE happen to them which I never experience. (I suspect these to be app specific incompatibility)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IMO Windows has never been optimized and never got any better from one to the next.They keep adding more services and apps and crap running in the background.
    It has been idk 20+ years,well since before W95 when i had a memory issue.Now i get "lack of memory" issues lol.I remember back in the having to run a boot disk and to free up memory,never would i have thought such a problem would exist in 2017.
    I think even the most naive fanatic realized that when Micro started offering free w10,they were up to no good long term.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• blackgoatblackgoat Member UncommonPosts: 17

i use hackintosh its been years now.... i use computer for music production on mac and windows side . games and internet in windows side..... for me windows 10 was easily a step up from windows 7 as windows 7 was a step up from windows xp.... I dont have any problem at all with windows 10 and i just had to optimize it just as i had to do with win 7 and win xp like turning auto update off, removing not necessary services etc etc, . windows vista or windows 8 i d never use in my life....

you can be sure that if u are having problems with windows 10.. its u that is doing something wrong or have some kind of deficient disorder that u cant differ taste from quality...

Torval said:
    This thread has not failed to produce. :chuffed: Thank you!
    lol yea man its a rant thread for sure.

Last computer I upgraded was stuck at 97% all night so I did a fresh install download and put it on a usb and it installed in 30 minutes.  
    Muhaha yesterday I got a notification telling me that google chrome is using too much battery life and I needed to switch to Microsoft edge.   And I still got Cortana notifications happening about once every 3 days or so.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited January 2017
    Windows 10 has surprisingly turned out to be pretty amazing for me.  Very sleek, clean and sophisticated version of windows 7.

It should be noted that currently I've paid zero dollars for it at the price of not being able to customize my desktop background, which may be influencing my opinion a bit.

As for One Note, the way I use it is to save a note on my desktop or phone and have it saved on the other.  This is very convenient.
    edited January 2017
    Nanfoodle said:
    filmoret said:
    DMKano said:
    Onenote is just a program, if things "go to Onenote" it means you associated that file extension with onenote.

From Onenote you can save or export to whatever drive you want.

Seems to me like a user issue not Win10 issue.

Well do you care to read through 30 minutes of google searches to figure out how i can get rid of it?  Or where the freakin file dissapeared to?  Because i do not.

And before you quote the first 10 things that google suggested.  They did not work.
    Right click the file you want to open, mouse over open with. Click "choose another app" check make always and pick the program you want that file opened with. Done. As for your other problems, Im not having any of them and I have been using Windows 10 for 2 years. Also dont use Edge it sucks. Download Google Chrome. Its faster and has way beater features. 

I'm actually really impressed with Edge.  It looks sleak as hell and doesn't use up gigs of memory like chrome.  Does everything I want it to.

• Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    I try to stay away from anything made my Microsoft if at all possible. 
    Garbage company. 

Kunai_Vax said:
    I try to stay away from anything made my Microsoft if at all possible. 
    Garbage company. 

Pretty hard to do if you want to play games on your computer.