Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Highlights from the Homestead Patch Notes

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
Homestead Basics
Except for the entry-level apartment, which is free after completing a short quest, all of the initially-available homes can be purchased with in-game gold or crowns.
  • You may own one of every home, all the way up to all 39 available at launch!
  • Homes are shared across all characters on your account.
  • Homes are split into several tiers, by size:
    • Apartments: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
    • Small Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
    • Medium Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
    • Large Homes: 10 total, 1 for each of the 10 playable races
    • Manors: 3 total, 1 for each alliance
Seating
  • Many chairs, thrones, benches, pews, stools, and other seating objects throughout Tamriel are now interactive. You just need to approach the furniture and interact with it to sit down, provided there is room and the furniture is placed in an accessible location.
    • This applies to seating placed in homes as well as those found in the world.
    • Seating objects that aren't placed in a level, open area may not be valid for interaction.
Target Skeletons
  • A Target Skeleton can be used to practice with new weapons, abilities, and combat in general. It does not fight back, but is a resilient opponent, roughly as difficult to put down as the second boss from Veteran Spindleclutch II (Bloodspawn).
  • To learn to craft a Target Skeleton, you can purchase the plan from Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator in each alliance capital, in exchange for Writ Vouchers.
    • Writ Vouchers are obtained through Master Writs, and Rolis Hlaalu will appear after you start or complete a Master Writ. You can find the description for these below.
  • Crafting a Target Skeleton requires an Animus Stone in addition to a variety of other ingredients.
    • The Animus Stone is a new crafting material that is also available in exchange for Writ Vouchers.
  • Shortly after being defeated, the Target Skeleton will reform itself.
Attunable Crafting Stations (my personal favorite)
  • Attunable Crafting Stations can be purchased from Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator, in exchange for Writ Vouchers.
  • These items can be activated at any item set crafting site in the world, permanently attuning the station to the unique energies of that item set and binding the station to you.
  • Once attuned, the station can be placed as a furnishing in your home and used by you and your guests to craft items from the set it is attuned to.
Housing gold prices sampling (no info on Crown Store costs yet:)

• Room at an inn : free - everyone gets one of these on quest completion
  • Apartment: 11-13K
  • Small Homes: 40-73K
  • Medium Homes: 190-335K
  • Large Homes: 760K-1.3Mil
  • Manors: 3.7-3.8Mil

Other major changes:
  • CP cap raised to 600
  • Master Crafting Writs
  • 4 new in-game motifs that drop in specific places
  • Dungeon Ready Check: Prior to forming a 4-man group, there is a ready check (that AFKers will fail of course) and you can also decline without suffering the 15 minute penalty.
Tons of other stuff including many ability changes.

Full patch notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead#latest

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Spoiler Alert!!

Sz  :)
  • BisloboBislobo Member UncommonPosts: 27
    The customization options are endless... This game is definitely going into the right direction. This "sandbox" aspects really offer more in-depth to MMOs. Hope to see more content like this in the future. Battlegrounds and arenas is also something i look forward to, since this game has solid combat, it could use more PvP options other than open world Cyrodiil. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Well so far I'm a bit underwhelmed with the PTS housing experience.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but all of the houses are exact, empty replicas of houses you have already seen in the game -- especially if you have played in all 3 alliances... even the 3 million+ gold ones... same exact layouts and architecture.

The introductory housing quest that ultimately awards you a free tiny (and I do mean tiny) room in an inn is bugged for me. But for any fan of Joseph Heller's Catch 22, at least it's bugged in an amusing way: there is a stage in the quest when you're almost ready to receive your room but the NPC wants to make sure you'll take good care of it by bringing some furniture with you... fine. Off to the furnishings vendor I go who won't sell me anything because I have no house he can deliver it to... classic! :)

Some of the very best housing things are locked behind RNG hell: you first have to do one of your regular crafting writs, The reward for that writ MAY reward you with a rare Master crafting writ.

I was lucky enough to get one of those on my 2nd writ (some people have posted that they have gotten none after 30+ tries.) The order was for a very specific style and set that needed to be crafted in the Gold Coast DLC area in my case... a legendary item at that, so not cheap to craft considering the tempers required to make it legendary.

Fine, it's only the PTS so I did it and was rewarded with a special voucher that lets you buy one of several high end items from the special vendor. This is how you get the attunable crafting stations which you can attune to your favorite set crafting spot and then place in your house to craft that set. There are also some high-end gold furnishings crafting recipes available... and every single one of those requires a crafter with at least 3 different crafts. And it's not the three that you'd think would go together if you split your crafting rationally between two characters (i.e. every thing that requires style books on one and all consumables on the other.) In other words if you're expecting to craft those high-end furnishings for sale, you better have all your crafting on one character or you'll be SOL.

So far I give housing about a 4 out of 10... it's got a good beat but it's not all that easy to dance to.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    Looks amazing for a start.

Coming from (and having left behind) a MMORPG which, similarly to ESO, deals with the limitations of being cross-platform, I have to say, Zeni seems to have found a solid foundation, where everyone can acquire a house (or multiple) without dealing with shortages due to poor planning. At least 2 years on, and that other game is still applying band-aids to its broken and woefully inadequate housing setup, where you're lucky if you can get *a* house of your choosing, nevermind multiple... and don't even think about having "one of each".  

Zenimax have stated they are going to be expanding on the system further over time, so I expect it to only get better from here.