Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained - A Representative Year - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageCamelot Unchained - A Representative Year - MMORPG.com

Our own Tim Eisen looks back at the year in development of Camelot Unchained, from the weekly updates to the CSE’s own top ten completions!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Good one, Tim.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Nice recap. It's shaping up to look like a great game. Come on, 2017!

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    TimEisen said:

meddyck said:

Good one, Tim.

Thanks, take enough photos and you're bound to get a good one once in a while! ;)
    God bless statistics! :D
     W...aaagh?
  • NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372
    I especially like the fact that CSE has decided to work on game tech and leave the VOIP to another company, Discord. As one who has been around its development for decades, they made a good call here.

Good writeup Mr Tim.

Nanulak

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    edited December 2016
    Tim,

Thanks, as always!

BTW, why is our Hype Level 8.07 but we aren't on the poll on the front page? Color me confused.

Nanulak said:

I especially like the fact that CSE has decided to work on game tech and leave the VOIP to another company, Discord. As one who has been around its development for decades, they made a good call here.

Good writeup Mr Tim.

Yeah, I think it was a good call on a whole lot of levels and it really does fit in our with approach of using tools/partners when they make sense. They aren't the first, and I promise that they won't be the last.

Mark

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2016
    Enjoyed the overview... I'd like to back this project, but am also interested in LiF... Not sure how to choose!

I mean, maybe I could do both... Just don't tell the girlfriend. <.< >.>

Enjoyed the overview... I'd like to back this project, but am also interested in LiF... Not sure how to choose!

Hehe, LiF is further along than we are MF, so if you like they they are showing/selling, they are a safer bet to avoid GF aggro. :)

We'll be around for quite a while so as I say here, there and everywhere, take your time, do your research, etc. :) Thanks for thinking about us, no matter what you decide to do, truly.

A Happy New Year in advance to you and the GF!

Mark Jacobs

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

Hehe, LiF is further along than we are MF, so if you like they they are showing/selling, they are a safer bet to avoid GF aggro. :)

We'll be around for quite a while so as I say here, there and everywhere, take your time, do your research, etc. :) Thanks for thinking about us, no matter what you decide to do, truly.

And to you and yours as well!  I still have many, many fond memories of time spent twisting chants and smiting all the Hibbies and Middies as a sword and board Pally back in the day.  Oh, and of time spent culling the Cornish Hen population in Cornwall...  Vicious little things!

If I'm being honest with myself (and my GF!), I'll be buying into CU.  The only real question is when.  As you suggest, I may wait until you guys have gotten a little further along, if for no other reason than to avoid burnout prior to experiencing the end product.  =) 

And to you and yours as well!  I still have many, many fond memories of time spent twisting chants and smiting all the Hibbies and Middies as a sword and board Pally back in the day.  Oh, and of time spent culling the Cornish Hen population in Cornwall...  Vicious little things!

If I'm being honest with myself (and my GF!), I'll be buying into CU.  The only real question is when.  As you suggest, I may wait until you guys have gotten a little further along, if for no other reason than to avoid burnout prior to experiencing the end product.  =) 

Sounds like a perfectly logical plan to me as waiting a little longer doesn't hurt you at all.

TimEisen said:

If only there was a hybrid MMORPG/GF...maybe in a few years the AI and robotics will get there!

I'll settle for some of the ways Nvidia new tech could speed up the production of Camelot Unchained, and future games as well. Interesting times.

Mark Jacobs