Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nintendo and a TON of rumors.....

blueturtle13blueturtle13 Valve Corporation Posts: 9,280Member Legendary
According to a source......

Nintendo is going to announce a big eSports initiative called Nintendo Arena with ESL. This is Nintendo's own eSports league where after the Switch launch worldwide people can compete in select multiplayer and speed running games to then compete in a National in their own country and then a WORLD event every January. Nintendo Arena/ESL will also assist in other tournaments such as EVO and Pokemon World Championships.

Nintendo is also resurrecting the N-Sports brand to highlight sports games both first and third party, all bound together by one utility app with ESPN.

There will be a Super Bowl trailer done by the same people who made the Pokemon 20th Anniversary advert last year. Was told it is really catchy and will be the big first marketing hurrah in the US.

1st Party Nintendo breakdown 2017 to 2018

-Games that will be ported from Wii U to Switch are as following with titles:

Splatoon ReFresh (4 vs 4 Wireless Multiplayer, StreetPass, New Gear and Outifts, New Co-Op and VS Modes, YouTube and Twitch Support),

Mario Kart Complete Circuit (StreetPass, YouTube and Twitch Support, New Tracks, Karts and expanded Battle Mode),

Xenoblade Chronicles X Aftermath (StreetPass, Amiibo Support, New Post Game Missions and Graphic/Stability Increase)

Super Smash Bros Fusion (Both Wii U and & 3DS features, 3DS modes converted to HD, three new fighters including Ice Climbers, YouTube and Twitch Compatable).

Super Mario Switcharoo. (Two-Player Co-Op, mix of Super Mario 64 Exploring and Super Mario 3D action game play)

--The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will release first on Nintendo Switch in Q2 and will have a special bundle edition which has a special Switch Core designed like a Sheikah Slate, golden Joycons, a Limited Edition Golden Link Amiibo and Artbook.

-Nintendo plans on partnering with 2K Sports to created a new kid-friendly wrestling game based on the WWE Slam! series using Amiibo of popular wrestlers. Plans to release late 2017, early 2017. System will launch with NBA2k 17 March Madness Edition, a enhanced port of NBA2k with a new "STREET" multiplayer mode and updated rosters.
2k Games also might bring Boarderlands 3 to the system depending on how well they see the Nintendo Switch ecosystem do.

-Pikmin Wars is the spiritual fourth game in the series and also kind of a reboot. Features an insane breathtaking engine with an advance lighting and high end textures using Vulkan. Can have hundreds of Pikmin at one time. Will come with mobile game Pikmin Labs where you can create your own unique Pikmin not seen in the game. Huge local and online multiplayer element.

-Pokemon Stars uses an improved Pokemon Sun & Moon engine. Think of the jump as Wind Waker Gamecube to Wind Waker HD on Wii U. 20 new Pokemon and 10 new Aloha forms. Can trade data from other Pokemon games with Pokemon Bank and compatible with Pokemon Go and Pokémon Comaster. Will come bundled with two versions, one with a Cosmic Solgaleo and Galatic Lunala Amiibo. A Special Edition Nintendo Switch with Pokemon Stars themed Core and Dock will come with a special Gold Plated Pikachu Amiibo and a collectors Z-Bracelet.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때만 움직입니다.

Comments

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Valve Corporation Posts: 9,280Member Legendary
    -Nintendo is partnering with Disney on two major games. In the Summer of 2017, they are having Monster Games released a Cars 3: Route 99 game (time?) exclusive for the Nintendo Switch, and Disney is going to promote the Nintendo Switch platform. The second is a big Holiday 2017 title called Disney's TsumTsum Adventures. Made by Good-Feel using a greatly improved engine for Yoshi's Woolly World, it's an Action Exploration RPG game involving the TsumTsum plush. Special TsumTsum plush with Amiibo functionality will be sold that will enhance the game. The TsumTsum can be stacked and their abilities and attacks determine the order the player stacks them in. Confirmed worlds are Mickey Mouse & Friends, Winnie the Poo, Frozen, Coco, Moana, Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Little Mermaid, Nightmare Before Christmas, Toy Story, Spider-Man and Star Wars Rebels.

-Early 2018 will have a new Animal Crossing game, which will be compatible with the mobile title. Mid 2018 is when the plan on revealing the first mainline Kirby title. The January 2018 convention is also when they plan to reveal the newest entry in the Super Smash Bros series with some major gameplay changes and surprising characters.

Vanillaware has been contacted by Nintendo to make an HD 2D game for Nintendo Switch based in the Metroid universe in 2018.

Nintendo Switch 3rd Party

--Activison is bringing OverWatch at launch to the Nintendo Switch, which might have special costumes and a guest Nintendo character everyone would freak out for. They are also looking into putting Skylanders on the device and if all goes well they plan to have both the sequel to Destiny, Beyond Destiny, as well as a compilation port of the first game. Call of Duty: Black Ops Mercenaries plans to give us Infinite Warfare mission structure to the Black Ops universe and will be a big features of being able to play Call of Duty at home or on the go with no compromises.

-EA plans on bringing Mass Effect Andromeda during the launch month of Nintendo Switch, fully featured same day with the other versions. (It's not insanely graphical amazing but it runs smoothly and you can take it with you.) EA Sports will launch a new spin off brand for Nintendo Switch called "EA Sports Anywhere" starting with FIFA Anywhere 18 and continuing in 2017 with Madden Anywhere 18 and UFC Anywhere 3 in early 2018 (since Microsoft has it Timed Exclusive for Holiday 17). EA also plans on releasing a new Need for Speed game in the Summer/Fall for Nintendo Switch and other platforms as well as bring Star Wars Battlefront II: Wrath of the First Order to the Nintendo Switch Holiday 2017. Nintendo also wants to work with EA to make two special Nintendo Switch bundles, one themed after the First Order and one themed after the Resistance with the game packed in. They are also going to look into resurrecting the MySims franchise for the Nintendo Switch. Why such the love? Nintendo has given EA and Criterion Games a dream offer: Having Nintendo and Disney help fund, distribute and quality control a spiritual successor to the Star Wars Rouge Squadron series exclusive for the Nintendo Switch after 2017.

-Ubisoft is once again going to be one of Nintendo's biggest partner. At launch they plan on releasing ports of For Honor, STEEP, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Just Dance 2017 Platinum Edition and South Park: The Fractured But Whole. A unique Nintendo partnership with them is bringing a Mario RPG game featuring the Rabbids. The next Assassin's Creed game and Just Dance 2018 will come to the platform and in 2018 Ubisoft plans on bringing Beyond Good & Evil exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.

-Square Enix is providing HUGE support to Nintendo Switch. At launch, they are going to bring to retail Dissidia Versus: Final Fantasy, a port of the arcade game to the Nintendo Switch. They will also work with Nintendo to release a series of high quality Final Fantasy Amiibo figures throughout 2017 that will work with Dissida Versus and future Square Enix games as part of their Final Fantasy Anniversary Celebration. Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete will come out in Japan in the Summer and will be brought over to the USA in 2018. Holiday 2017 is the big release as they plan releasing Kingdom Hearts III to all platforms including the Nintendo Switch which will also have a special bundle. Square Enix also plans on bringing Laura Croft GO, Gunslinger Stratos SWITCH, Puzzle & Dragons Battle Tournament, A Realm Reborn and Dungeon Of Zaar to the Nintendo eShop on Switch in 2017. In 2018, Square Enix plans to release Bravely Trinity, the third game in the Bravely Series and will be the first (provided there is no collection at some point) in HD exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.

-Capcom is going to bring a version of Monster Hunter XX to the Nintendo Switch, upgraded for better models and textures. They will also bring a full featured port of Resident Evil VII: Biohazard (compatible with the JoyView) and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 to the Nintendo Switch launch. Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Kakugo will also be released in Japan in 2017. In the Summer of 2017, Nintendo will have a timed exclusive to MegaMan: Recharged!, a 2.5D MegaMan game made by Inti Creates and supervised by two surprise directors based on the new Disney XD show.
     In 2018, Monster Hunter 5 Portable will come out, featuring new multiplayer gameplay, a sky battle element, city curation side game and Unreal Engine 4-like graphics. They may or may not tease this during the Jan event. Depending on how Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 does, Marvel VS Capcom Infinite is on the cards for the Nintendo Switch in 2017.

-SEGA will bring three games. On the eShop at launch they will bring Sonic Mania, and at retail they will bring Valkyria: Azure Revolution at launch and Hatsune Miku Project Mirai SX (with Miku & Friend Amiibo) in the Summer for Japan. Valkyria will come Q2 in the US and Mirai SX will come in 2018 for the US. Boader Break SCRAMBLE SWITCH and Code of Joker will come to NA, EU and Japanese Nintendo Switch eShops in 2017. Holiday 2017 will see the long awaited Sonic Ruin to Nintendo Switch and other platforms. Exclusive to this version and other SEGA games will be Sonic the Hedgehog Amiibo. Due to the deal SEGA made with Microsoft for Sonic Ruin to be bundled with XBox One Prime (Working Name for Scorpio), Nintendo is going to release a "Sonic 30th Anniversary" bundle that Holiday featuring classic Sonic games. SEGA is also going to make a spin off of the Yakuza series called Ryu ga Gotoku: Keisatsu, which takes place between Yakuza 5 and 6 has players being a Tokyo Police Force having to make difficult moral decisions while arresting criminals. This will release in Japan at the end of 2017 and sometime later in 2018 for NA and EU. In 2018 they will create with Nintendo Mario & Sonic at the Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Winter Games and have plans for a Tokyo 2020 game.
    SEGA will also work with Nintendo to bring Dreamcast games for Virtual Console including Sonic Adventure, House of the Dead 2, Outtrigger, Power Stone, Grandia II, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5, Sakura Wars, Virtua Tennis and Shenmue.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때만 움직입니다.

-Just because they are technically separate companies, Atlus in Japan will bring Personal 5 Portable to Nintendo Switch in Q2, which has all the DLC plus some exclusive content including what I've heard as guest appearances from the #FE characters as Personas. Atlus are looking into releasing P5P on the same day in the US as the other versions. Later on in 2017, a remake of Etrian Odyssey 3 called Etrian Odyssey III Untold: The Gatekeepers of the Deep will come exclusive to the Nintendo Switch. Shin Megami Tensei V and a sequel to #FE are also in the works.

-Bandai Namco Games will launch with Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON and Tales of Berseria. All will feature Nintendo costumes and themes. Accel World VS Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight will also come to the Nintendo Switch Sometime in 2017 and 2018,. SoulCalibur VI will have a Nintendo Switch version along side other releases with Amiibo support and it's guest character exclusive being Link from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. They are also looking into bringing Project CARS 2 to the Nintendo Switch and Little Nightmares on the Nintendo Switch eShop. In 2018, Bandai Namco will have Arc System Works to create Project X-Zone Arena, a cross over 2D VS fighting game based on the Project X-Zone series.

-Koei Techmo will bring Sangokushi 14 at launch to the Nintendo Switch. They will also bring a unique version of Musou Stars called "Musou Stars + Zelda Warriors" which is Musou Stars will all the characters from Hyrule Warriors as an exclusive to the Nintendo Switch. They also plan on bringing one of the two next major Team Ninja games, Ninja Gaiden Ryukenden, a reboot of the series to the Nintendo Switch.
    -Bethesda will bring The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Remasterd will launch in retail on Nintendo Switch and DOOM Arcade, which is the Arcade Mode from the hit 2016 game plus a touch screen, StreetPass compatible SnapMap mode, will come to the Nintendo Switch eShop. To blow people's minds, later in 2017, a version of Fallout 4 will release for the Nintendo Switch that has all the content on one cart (though if you want it in 4K and with VR support you should get the XBox One Prime version). Nintendo's long term game plan to reach out to Bethesda is a deal in motion with Tango Gameworks to have Bethesda lend them their studio to create and I quote "A first party western IP that Tango's art and history would excel in" sometime in 2018 or 2019. I don't know what that is but if I had to guess, a huge fan favorite that everyone has been begging for might come back.

-Talks are going to Rockstar to attempt to bring Red Dead Redemption II to the Nintendo Switch. They really want to see how the system preforms first, they are actually big Nintendo fans (almost porting Grand Theft Auto V to Wii U) and have expressed to their publishers and Nintendo that bringing Grand Theft Auto Online and/or resurrecting Midnight Club might be a good fit for them to get familiar with the hardware.

-Starbreeze will bring Overkill's The Walking Dead to the Nintendo Switch and are talking with Nintendo and Skybound to create a Walking Dead Special Edition system bundle.

-Konami will bring Metal Gear Survive and Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2017 to Nintendo Switch. Nintendo wants to publish the later with the MLB Licence to NA and EU under the n-Sports label.

-Warner Bros Interactive plan to launch with LEGO Dimensions and LEGO City: The Chase Begins. Later in 2017 they plan on bringing Injustice 2 to the Nintendo Switch. In 2018, they are looking into porting Batman: Arkham Apocalypse, the next entry in the Batman Arkham series as well as READY PLAYER ONE by WB Games Montréal based on the upcoming movie.

-Level 5 will bring a Nintendo Switch version of The Snack World along with the 3DS version which will be published in North America and Europe by Nintendo. Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin and Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone's Conspiracy will also come in 2017 for Nintendo Switch. In 2018, Yokai-Watch Busters 2, based on the Iron Oni Army Arcade engine with comparable Amiibo will release for the system in Japan.

-Also:  Earth Defense Force 5, Valentino Rossi 2, Agents of Mayhem, Armor Core and Vampyr are also in talks for Nintendo Switch.

As always take all this with a note of skepticism as it is only one source and not multiple. ;)

거북이는 목을 내밀 때만 움직입니다.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 14,968Member Legendary
    All this depends on how well Swirch sells. If the sales are not all that, than the game companies are not nearly as enthused to bring titles to it. The jury is still out on how well Switch will do.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Posts: 3,589Member Epic
    DMKano said:
    All this depends on how well Swirch sells. If the sales are not all that, than the game companies are not nearly as enthused to bring titles to it. The jury is still out on how well Switch will do.
    Has Nintendo ever had a hard time selling a console?

Looking forward to more e-sports. 
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel houston, TXPosts: 8,835Member Rare
    DMKano said:
    Has Nintendo ever had a hard time selling a console?

Looking forward to more e-sports. 
    Virtual Boy.  

Also, the N64 started off pretty slowly.

"Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"

forum trolls

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 8,687Member Epic
    DMKano said:
    If I were a betting man, my money is on the Switch... although I still think the Tranny would have been a better name.
  • Soki123Soki123 Kelowna, BCPosts: 2,162Member Rare
    I m getting a switch just for the hell of it.
  • TorvalTorval Posts: 11,884Member Legendary
    Man that sounds like a huge investment for the upgrade. It's going to kill me. I still don't see jumping in before holiday next year.

If SquareEnix, and any other third party vendor, is smart they'll make all the amiibos compatible with SuperSmash. That crowd is huge on the amiibos.

More Splatoon. More everything that is good. I think it will be a hit.

One important upgrade incentive is how easily my digital WiiU library ports over. Nintendo needs a better digital store like Xbox and PlayStation which know what digital content you've bought in your account. If my games port over then I'll be much more inclined to upgrade. If not then it can wait a while.
    Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.
  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 3,347Member Rare
    I dunno if I'll get one or not. The Wii U situation has simply left a bitter taste in my mouth and I'm quite tired of Nintendo's account/library setup.
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 11,939Member Epic
    edited December 2016
    I have been saying for awhile now that Esports is driving this market.It is a really bad thing for gaming  for several reasons.

First of all it is encouraging a lot of really bad,cheap games,they only succeed because of the Esport tag.

It creates a FALSE sense of hope among average gamer's.The reason is because they see this money floating around,the fame yet it is only a VERY small handful of gamer's.Just like in the music industry,stars are manufactured,sponsored gamer's are invited to all the events,it is a small circle of leechers that feed off of the naive gamer's that spend all the money.

It is actually so bad and such big money now there has been known corruption within the sponsors and leagues.Those big sponsored teams will be the ones represented in the Esport,you should NEVER figure it to be a FAIR and honest system because it is NOT.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel houston, TXPosts: 8,835Member Rare
    I dunno about all the esports stuff, but, I do have to say that the whole crazy change up in form factor from one console to the next is really what has me holding back a bit since the wii to get on board with Nintendos systems.  

The Wii U was just a weird, wonky system and how those generations will translate to the switch is kind of strange -- and maybe I missed something but backwards compatibility is a big deal with systems these days.. and it sounds like they're looking at "ports" of games that were on old systems to the new ones, and these games aren't relatively old.  

I dunno.. I think its a much better idea than some of their others, but, I just feel like I need to see a bit more before I take the plunge.

"Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"

forum trolls

• EmeraqEmeraq Medical Lake, WAPosts: 936Member Uncommon
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    If I were a betting man, my money is on the Switch... although I still think the Tranny would have been a better name.
    And I thought the Nintendo Shift would have been a great name! Consider if the system turns out to be sh*t you can just drop the F off and you've spelled it out plainly.
  • cameltosiscameltosis ipswichPosts: 1,170Member Rare
    I wonder whether Wii U and switch players will be able to compete against one another in this eSports world. I have a Wii U and have splatoon and mario kart so could be tempted to take part, however I think the switch looks like a terrible console so won't be getting one. 

I still feel like the Wii U is a massively underrated console. Sure, it's specs aren't as good as xbone / ps4 so you can't get top graphics, but everything else about it is pretty good. They should have just chosen a different name for the console and sorted out their marketing. If they'd have done that, I reckon it would have been a much bigger success. 

Also, anyone have any clue when Zelda on the Wii U will be released? @blueturtle13 you mention that it's getting released first on Switch in Q2, I'm praying it'll only be like a few days delay, rather than weeks or months! Game was shown off at E3 2014 for Wii U....been waiting soooo long!
    I wonder whether Wii U and switch players will be able to compete against one another in this eSports world. I have a Wii U and have splatoon and mario kart so could be tempted to take part, however I think the switch looks like a terrible console so won't be getting one. 

I still feel like the Wii U is a massively underrated console. Sure, it's specs aren't as good as xbone / ps4 so you can't get top graphics, but everything else about it is pretty good. They should have just chosen a different name for the console and sorted out their marketing. If they'd have done that, I reckon it would have been a much bigger success. 

Also, anyone have any clue when Zelda on the Wii U will be released? @blueturtle13 you mention that it's getting released first on Switch in Q2, I'm praying it'll only be like a few days delay, rather than weeks or months! Game was shown off at E3 2014 for Wii U....been waiting soooo long!
    Nintendo is scheduled to shed more light on that at 9:30AM EST on Friday the 13th
    for Treehouse Live in an in-depth look at upcoming games featured in the Nintendo Switch Presentation.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때만 움직입니다.