Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resident Evil 7 Benchmarks

MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    edited December 2016
    Where is the 490 going to sit and will it be as competitively priced.  On a budget RX 480 seems amazing! Goddam I just looked at the 1070's price tag. It isn't even in the $300's. It's in the $400's  WTF!   Might as well fork out $600ish for a 1080. 2/3's of the way there...  Will the 490 be as competitive as the 480? Price wise and performance wise that is. The RX 480 has hit it out of the park if the 1070 keeps it's price up there.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    AMDs offerings will certainly be more competitive as they have always been historically
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Hulluck said:
    Where is the 490 going to sit and will it be as competitively priced. 
    Unkown. There are a lot of guesses about its performance floating around the internet, but nothing reliable.

You should expect it to be competitively priced, but not quite that competitively. The cheaper graphic cards like RX 480 and GTX 1060 are always a lot more competitively priced than top-end models.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Malabooga said:
    AMDs offerings will certainly be more competitive as they have always been historically
    But rarely worth having.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    edited December 2016
    yeah, if you want to stay uneducated thats your prerogative

Vrika said:
    Hulluck said:
    Where is the 490 going to sit and will it be as competitively priced. 
    Unkown. There are a lot of guesses about its performance floating around the internet, but nothing reliable.

You should expect it to be competitively priced, but not quite that competitively. The cheaper graphic cards like RX 480 and GTX 1060 are always a lot more competitively priced than top-end models.
    Gosh. Last GPU I bought was a GTX 770 years ago. In fact you and a few others helped me part my pc out I think. I paid $330 during Christmas sales for my gpu.  1070's are in the $400's!  Over a $200 difference between a 480 and a 1070.  I'm also going to note that supposedly that 480 is 40% better than my GTX 770 supposedly. Which my GTX 770 isn't really struggling to do anything for me. I just.. wow... So in my mind atm it's either a RX 480 of go all out and get a 1080. If I were in the market for a GPU.   A 1070 seems poorly priced. I'm no expert by any means. I don't think anyone needs to be with the price gap of the Rx 480 and 1070.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    The price gap of the 480 and 1070 makes sense. The 1070 performs close to the 1080. There is a large gap between the 1060 and 1070. The 1070 performs 40% better and the 1080 performs 50% better. I still would avoid getting a nVidia this generation. Their architecture needs a change for the current crop of games and they only did a die shrink this time around. nVidia should have a better crop of video cards next fall which you may kick yourselves for not getting.
    Cleffy said:
    The price gap of the 480 and 1070 makes sense. The 1070 performs close to the 1080. There is a large gap between the 1060 and 1070. The 1070 performs 40% better and the 1080 performs 50% better. I still would avoid getting a nVidia this generation. Their architecture needs a change for the current crop of games and they only did a die shrink this time around. nVidia should have a better crop of video cards next fall which you may kick yourselves for not getting.
    Yeah fair enough. I just have sticker shock. I don't follow hardware that closely or even know much about anything. The price. Blown away.  I think my I5 4670k will be fine for awhile yet?  Not o/c'ed.   I'll probably be in the market for a new GPU in a year or so.  Actually this forum and quizzicals topics or stuff that would pop up is where I got a lot of information.  Seems pretty dead anymore though. Unless Seanmcad gets to trolling. 
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Hulluck said:
     I think my I5 4670k will be fine for awhile yet?  Not o/c'ed.  
    I think so. Maybe even longer at current pace.
    edited December 2016
    Hulluck said:
    Cleffy said:
    Yeah fair enough. I just have sticker shock. I don't follow hardware that closely or even know much about anything. The price. Blown away.  I think my I5 4670k will be fine for awhile yet?  Not o/c'ed.   I'll probably be in the market for a new GPU in a year or so.  Actually this forum and quizzicals topics or stuff that would pop up is where I got a lot of information.  Seems pretty dead anymore though. Unless Seanmcad gets to trolling. 
    agreed for that i5. And  remember, when you look at CPU benchmarks, that i5s have lower stock clocks than their i7 counterparts so i7 may seem faster than they really are. Same with new Intel "generations". ALWAYS look for tests at same clocks like this one:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/10

because you can relatively easily OC your CPU to reach those "new" clocks.

edited December 2016

and notice how "1060" 3GB doesnt have enough memory....again so it performs worse than 460/1050ti....again.....and you have to lower few settings to get smooth gameplay lol