Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW LEAK 22/12/2016 and a look at the hotbar, those skill! Dark and Light's first gameplay trailer!

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    The guy who made some previous video on Dark and Light made a SLOWED DOWN version of the official clip:

It's still pretty fast, but you can make out some details here.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Volgore said:
    Dragnelus said:
    So its an mmorpg or not?

Official website says:

http://www.playdnl.com/
    I wonder how they can claim that when they can't even tell how many concurrent players will be on a server.

Edit:

I just checked the page:

??
    Checked it again, now on my mobile:

Dragnelus said:
    Volgore said:
    Dragnelus said:
    So its an mmorpg or not?

Official website says:

I wonder how they can claim that when they can't even tell how many concurrent players will be on a server.

Edit:

I just checked the page:

??

Haha, that's awesome :) Weird find!

Somebody else please confirm!

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Yeah they removed MMORPG from the full version, possibly forgot to remove on Mobile?

Maybe they got aware that people were pointing that out? After all they were the ones who said this wouldn't have what you consider MMO Populations.

But again, some say ARK is one MMO, idk anymore.
  • DreadToothDreadTooth Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Dragnelus said:
    1080p:

It's still blurry in every 'clip'. Oh well.

Shall we take bets on the actual day/week/month/year of release? I say we petition MMORPG.com to put up a contest, each account attached to a unique IP address should get one guess and the winner gets free loot courtesy of MMORPG.com!

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)
    Dreadtooth on Emerald Ocean

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Volgore said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Volgore said:
    Dragnelus said:
    So its an mmorpg or not?

Official website says:

Edit:

I just checked the page:

??

It say RPG for me.  No mention of MMORPG on the front page.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    MaxBacon said:
    Yeah they removed MMORPG from the full version, possibly forgot to remove on Mobile?

Maybe they got aware that people were pointing that out? After all they were the ones who said this wouldn't have what you consider MMO Populations.

Curious. Could be because they plan to use phasing, or 1-64 player servers, anything that doesn't use a full-time server to house everyone in one big instance could be a reason they did that? Hmm. Normally these companies would lie and still say it's an MMO, or allow the public to believe it was an MMO. Curious.

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)

"Dying's the easy way out. You won't catch me dying. They'll have to kill me before I die!"

Curious. Could be because they plan to use phasing, or 1-64 player servers, anything that doesn't use a full-time server to house everyone in one big instance could be a reason they did that? Hmm. Normally these companies would lie and still say it's an MMO, or allow the public to believe it was an MMO. Curious.
    If it is like ARK they might try to make all the servers connect somehow, like character syncs in-between them. If such then they do indeed become some sort of instances.

But no clear info from their side was given.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    The steam page indicates that it is Single Player and Multiplayer etc. I wonder if that section is basic place holder stuff until release? If not I wonder if we can host our own servers?
    MaxBacon said:
    If it is like ARK they might try to make all the servers connect somehow, like character syncs in-between them. If such then they do indeed become some sort of instances.

But no clear info from their side was given.

If that is the case, it would be interesting... Not as fun IMHO but, it could turn out 'ok'.

It could be like Midnight Run, the racing/driving game. In your single player game you would be wherever you were in your single player saved world, when you chose to go 'online' and picked a player's 'server' to join, your car stayed in the same place or moving in the same direction but your game world magically updated to the current state of that player's game world.

If that is the case, the only question is will the 'servers' to join be consistent servers operated by players and/or developers OR will it be a single player saved world that when loaded by the player they can go into options at any point and choose to publish it online for other players to join.

Currently Playing:

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Puzzle Pirates (PC)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    MaxBacon said:

After the whole NMS debacle and how close it came to falling foul of advertising laws, its likely that companies are less likely to 'over egg' their products, i suspect the mobile web page will soon mirror the main web page in its wording, though honestly the whole is there a game there or not is something i would be more concerned about, rather than whether it was an MMO or not, if there was then knocking together a few dozen video clips would be nothing, rather than the somewhat extreme methods they appear to have used to just put together one for 15 seconds. :o

If that is the case, it would be interesting... Not as fun IMHO but, it could turn out 'ok'.

I would assume so, player hosted servers, officiall servers. Options to somehow sync stuff in-between them, or shared by default idk what they do. 

The only vibe I got from that recent interview about "not MMO populations" I can only think they're trying to approach the way Ark does it. We will see once they decide to show and share details on the game, because we're still on the teaser phase.

edited December 2016
    Grunty said:
    Volgore said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Volgore said:
    Dragnelus said:
    So its an mmorpg or not?

Official website says:

Edit:

I just checked the page:

??

Still MMORPG for me

Dragnelus said:

Still MMORPG for me

See, they already hit your pc's intarwebs with these chinese virushacks!!!!11

Did you try turning it off and on again??

edited December 2016
    Volgore said:
    Dragnelus said:

Still MMORPG for me

See, they already hit your pc's intarwebs with these chinese virushacks!!!!11

Did you try turning it off and on again??
    It was cookies
     What do Chinise DNL say for you?

http://dnl.woniu.com/#

• ooogyooogy Member CommonPosts: 37
    I'm pretty sure ill get more enjoyment playing DOTA 2 for free
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    MMORPG/RPG if it has multi-player it's all the same to me.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I suspect Snail are using this as an opportunity to "cash in" on the current popularity of survival games. They're rushing full-speed to get this to market, but even they cannot build it in 6 months, lol

They probably can't show detailed game play footage because it's so rough that it will impact their Steam pre-order sales...
    I suspect Snail are using this as an opportunity to "cash in" on the current popularity of survival games. They're rushing full-speed to get this to market, but even they cannot build it in 6 months, lol

They probably can't show detailed game play footage because it's so rough that it will impact their Steam pre-order sales...
    They go full survival? :pleased:

Ark Survival, DnL and AGe of Wushu 2

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Grunty said:
    Volgore said:

It is a survival game, but I am willing to give it a good try.
    The high fantasy settings make it stand out from the rest of the crowd.
    But I will probablt wait until the first reviews are in before I buy it.

edited December 2016
    Again a new leak!
    Look at those skills at the hotbar I really hope we can switch weapon/hotbar!

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    That's the kind of interface I want to see. Just a simple one line toolbar.  Some games were getting ridiculous in recent years, such as LotRO with what was it? four horizontal and two vertical toolbars? I'm currently playing BDO again and that has a nice, simple UI.
    Is that guy dev or something? At least there's some interface oh that one.

If I got it right, the mouse pointer is what set the target of that skill on the far?