Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Nostalrius just relaunched

How about them apples

Comments

• BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    what's that?
  • alaadaralaadar Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Lol I wonder how long it will last before Blizz goes after it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Maybe IH is playing on it till 7.1.5 launches.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Zero consensual sex acts given...

Blizz will get it shut down and everyone will complain how evil Blizzard is.

Don't have to be psychic to figure that one out.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    alaadar said:
    Blizzard probably doesn't have any choice in the matter, but given the timing we probably won't hear much of anything before mid january 2017, i think they will likely go for the people behind Nostalrius and aim for individual prosecutions. :o
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    I don't know how to react to this news...

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    The whole Nostalrius database was transferred to the new server (Elysium). If you had a character on Nostalrius, you can just simply restore it on the Elysium website including gear, friendlist, guild, progress,...

Blizz can go after it all they want. The database can get transferred again and again.

I was no longer active on Nostalrius when it got closed and am not planning on playing on Elysium, but I did stop by 1-2 days ago to check the server out. There were 12 000 people online on the server.
    I'm confused. Did Nostralrius relaunch and now there's two, including Elysium?

Or did the OP mean Nos relaunched as Ely?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited December 2016
    Phry said:
    alaadar said:
    Blizzard probably doesn't have any choice in the matter, but given the timing we probably won't hear much of anything before mid january 2017, i think they will likely go for the people behind Nostalrius and aim for individual prosecutions. :o
    So then the question is, can anyone identify who specifically "owns" Ely and where they reside so paperwork can be served?

My guess is 3 guys named John Smith at 100 Anywhere Lane, who live in Lower Slobovia are going to turn up in the search.

If not in a country that cares legal action won't get very far.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    These the same people that tried to blackmail Blizzard into legacy servers recently? If so. "Lets keep poking the giant until on principle it ruins my life."  Personally I don't care one way or another. But that is easy for me to say as it isn't my I.P. being used without my permission circumventing my income model.  I don't like these idiots for the simple fact that tried to blackmail an entity with that entities own I.P.    All fun and games until the end when they on the individual level are in the hole for millions. Then I'm sure they'll look back and say, "Was it worth it?" 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Forgrimm said:
    DDoS attackers are scum, but then so are people that would open this type of server so i guess its a wash.
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Blizzard called their Chinese partners and said "Hey, we'll give you an extra 10% cut if you do us a favor.".
    "The Empire Strikes Back"