Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its time to give Archeage another shot. (read before commenting)

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    cheyane said:
    Earlier this afternoon, ArcheAge Community Manager Scapes hopped on the forums to kick off a local question-and-answer session with ArcheAge fans and answered a number of queries, chief among them a question about how much control Trion will have over the prices in ArcheAge's western cash shop. "Lots, actually," Scapes told the forum-goers. "We decide what's in it and at what price, simple as that."

That wasn't how it was though was it so trust and Trion seem mutually exclusive.
    That's why I don't trust Trion.
    People seems to forget very fast.....I don't.

• LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    I would play the game if it was subscription only, no cash shop or market place or F2P.  Subscription based game Archage would probably be a lot of fun.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    ste2000 said:
    cheyane said:
    Earlier this afternoon, ArcheAge Community Manager Scapes hopped on the forums to kick off a local question-and-answer session with ArcheAge fans and answered a number of queries, chief among them a question about how much control Trion will have over the prices in ArcheAge's western cash shop. "Lots, actually," Scapes told the forum-goers. "We decide what's in it and at what price, simple as that."

That wasn't how it was though was it so trust and Trion seem mutually exclusive.
    That's why I don't trust Trion.
    People seems to forget very fast.....I don't.
    I dont know, according to Kano, it was a mistake and the community manager had no idea that the terms of the deal with XLGames had changed.  But there has been so much corruption in the gaming industry over the last few years with developers saying one thing and then doing another plus it sure does seem convenient that when the cash shop became the focal point of the games criticism that Trion was very quick to change the story and start blaming XLGames.

I just dont know anymore.  You have scammers like Sergy Titov and Artemis Knives relaunching the same game over and over again under different company names, you have Chris Roberts who has gone back on just about everything he said in the first two years of Star Citizen and then you have Sean Murray who lied on national TV saying his game had multiplayer when it clearly did not.  It just makes it so much harder to believe anything you hear from a game developer.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Not sure why people think version 3.0 makes the game worth playing again.  It does not solve the major problems of the game.  In fact it completely ignores them.

It is fine if you enjoy playing the game, but encouraging others to come back when none of the major issues have been addressed is just sad.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Ozmodan said:
    Not sure why people think version 3.0 makes the game worth playing again.  It does not solve the major problems of the game.  In fact it completely ignores them.

It is fine if you enjoy playing the game, but encouraging others to come back when none of the major issues have been addressed is just sad.
    It really depends on the goal of the individual. When I had first started playing (earlier this year I guess), my only goal was to get a car. I kind of stopped playing randomly for other stuff, but I still go back from time to time to work my way up to it. So not everyone is going after the "gear competition." Archeage honestly had a lot to offer people and the fresh start servers have temporarily opened up gates to land, which was one of the major problems with the game. People saying the ultimate focus of the game is to gear for pvp are kind of looking at it as the glass half full.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited December 2016
    The car was (Is still?) way too expensive to craft. Same for the best trade pack vehicle sadly :/

And considering you had to get cash shop recipes to make them made it much worse.

I really wanted to get my hands on a skateboard tough.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    No! Is not time to give AA another try! Is time for publishers like Trion to learn how to treat their customers!

As @st2000 said , it seems people forget ( or forgot ) , very fast !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    cheyane said:

This was exactly what the white knights blabbered here on the forums:

When someone stated his concern pre-release it was "Trion is in total control of everything related to the western release".

Remember when the negotiations literally took forever?
    That was "because Trion is making sure that they have full control. It will basicly be their own game on the western market".

Even this website constantly wrote "Trion's ArcheAge" and i called them out on that many times.

When everything went downhill it was "there's little Trion can do, it's all XLGames. Trion basicly only provides the servers".

And now they are back to full control again, alright!

Let's see what excuse we'll be reading here this time when Trion f*cks this up again -and they WILL.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited December 2016
    Volgore said:
    cheyane said:

When someone stated his concern pre-release it was "Trion is in total control of everything related to the western release".

That was "because Trion is making sure that they have full control. It will basicly be their own game on the western market".

Even this website constantly wrote "Trion's ArcheAge" and i called them out on that many times.

When everything went downhill it was "there's little Trion can do, it's all XLGames. Trion basicly only provides the servers".

Let's see what excuse we'll be reading here this time when Trion f*cks this up again -and they WILL.

Well yeah that is the problem with this game, Trion as a company should just (Shut the servers down) Honestly if it were my game company I don't care if I had Trillions of dollars, I would never host a piece of crap of any type of game without having (Total Access) to all decisions in a game, the development, the design if I say something changes it would change or I would close it... (Just saying.) And I honestly don't understand why here in America people would host Korean games as a company if they are not going to have rights over changes being made and even a in game editor.

Where it be XL Games or Trion, the game is totally ruined I have not seen any changes to the game the issues I passed over 6 months ago to Trion and complaints to fix never fixed...

If I wanted a (FULL PVP Game) I would go play Albion Online, Planet Side 2, MOBA's, or Dark Fall, something with "full loot" I would not play and was not playing "Arche Age to be a full pvp game where my own alliance could attack, and grief one another (This is one of the biggest things that made me quit the game despite other things like "No Material Storage" / No Wardrobe no room in inventory even with max spaces, and if you get Land in the game (You are Charged Tax Certs) and lets say your storage chest is lost or demos, you lose everything you store in it...

Arche Age is a great game but its being killed off by Trion / XL Games I feel Korean Companies do this intentionally when newer games are being released to make other players quit them and repeat.
    edited December 2016
    Bloodaxes said:
    The car was (Is still?) way too expensive to craft. Same for the best trade pack vehicle sadly :/

And considering you had to get cash shop recipes to make them made it much worse.

I really wanted to get my hands on a skateboard tough.
    True, items like that are really the only thing that brought me to game. Sure some games have car mounts etc, but the rarity kind of motivates (me at least). Even getting a chopper in WoW felt like it was worth getting at the time.

I think the OP's point is that there's plenty to do in AA if you're not approaching it with a competitives mindset (which is honestly true for a lot of f2p games tbh). The land rush was a turn off for a lot of people in the past, some the land owning changes might bring some back. As for the other stuff, more of the same.
    Talonsin said:
    ste2000 said:

I dont know, according to Kano, it was a mistake and the community manager had no idea that the terms of the deal with XLGames had changed.  But there has been so much corruption in the gaming industry over the last few years with developers saying one thing and then doing another plus it sure does seem convenient that when the cash shop became the focal point of the games criticism that Trion was very quick to change the story and start blaming XLGames.

Certainly it is not only Trion that pull this sort of shit.
    But Trion seems to be absolutely shameless in that respect.
    They carelessly throw stuff in the air and see what sticks, and whatever doesn't stick they seems to offer improbable excuses or blame someone else.

I don't know if they managed to fix Archeage or not, but what is important to keep in mind is how fundamental is respecting your customer.
    It's amazing how a single mismanaged game can turn a well respected Company like Trion (Rift time) to one of the most despised company in the MMO industry.
    Ironically I think Trove and Atlas Reactor are decent games, but I am not gonna touch anything Trion publishes until they show they change their ways.
    And at the moment I don't see any evidence of it.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Renoaku said:
    Volgore said:
    cheyane said:

Well yeah that is the problem with this game, Trion as a company should just (Shut the servers down) Honestly if it were my game company I don't care if I had Trillions of dollars, I would never host a piece of crap of any type of game without having (Total Access) to all decisions in a game, the development, the design if I say something changes it would change or I would close it... (Just saying.) And I honestly don't understand why here in America people would host Korean games as a company if they are not going to have rights over changes being made and even a in game editor.

I don't think you understand how a business works. For that matter I think you may not understand how a contract works either.
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    servers kick you ever half an hr and takes 3 logins to get back in if you take to long back to the end of the que you go. is fun but no way as fun as the original launch .
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited December 2016
    If you're going to play Archeage you have 2 choices.
    1. Go on one of the legacy servers and stay perma-farmed by swipers and no-lifers
    2. Go on one of the fresh start servers which is being hoarded over by 1/3 the server (for 1 week+) while the other 2/3 can't even log-in or play consistently.
    If I'm lying I'm flying:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?62-Server-Status

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    1. Go on one of the legacy servers and stay perma-farmed by swipers and no-lifers
    2. Go on one of the fresh start servers which is being hoarded over by 1/3 the server (for 1 week+) while the other 2/3 can't even log-in or play consistently.
    If I'm lying I'm flying:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?62-Server-Status

Lol I'll admit, that picture gave me a good chuckle
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Yup, while most people can't even get on fresh start, the people who can are doing this, a post from the AA fresh start server sub-forum:

Hello everybody! As with recent events, it has come to our attention that a few people are unable to join the server to claim land. Don't worry as all is not lost! Land of Make Believe has got you covered! we currently have huge chunks of land saved up that are ready to be transferred to players still unable to claim land. The current count is as follows:

Gweonid: 57 16x16
    Hellswamp: 36 16x16
    Two Crowns: 39 16x16 (Most are along the coast)

Most are clumped together including enough for 1 44x44 in each zone. We will be trading each 16x16 for 1 apex. Please message the guild leader, Keldarah, or contact us in discord

Forgrimm said:
    Yup, while most people can't even get on fresh start, the people who can are doing this, a post from the AA fresh start server sub-forum:

Hello everybody! As with recent events, it has come to our attention that a few people are unable to join the server to claim land. Don't worry as all is not lost! Land of Make Believe has got you covered! we currently have huge chunks of land saved up that are ready to be transferred to players still unable to claim land. The current count is as follows:

Gweonid: 57 16x16
    Hellswamp: 36 16x16
    Two Crowns: 39 16x16 (Most are along the coast)

Most are clumped together including enough for 1 44x44 in each zone. We will be trading each 16x16 for 1 apex. Please message the guild leader, Keldarah, or contact us in discord

How "nice" of them.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited December 2016
    The sting of RNG crafting is almost gone.  Although I do find myself hard pressed for labor points even as a patron.  There is land everywhere on every server.  Just laid down my first 16x16 farmland and did some planting myself.  The game is complex and there's a ton of different things to do when it comes to making gold.  Fishing, crafting, harvesting, running trade packs, looking for shipwrecks.

Do not open purses they are pretty much worthless.  They now have 3 tiers of purses and you can open the other 2 tiers but not the first tier that is called a purse.  The second tier is a box and a chest or something like that.  However it does cost 100 labor to open them and I haven't done the math if its even worth it.

I am finding the game a bit grindy at this point.  Lvl 50 returning to the swing of things.  I do have enough mats harvested to make quite a few of the t1 obsidian items but that is just a scratch in the surface of a very deep upgrading system.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Just wanted to give an update.  I've put 100 hours into the game since I returned and its worth playing.  The p2w scene isnt really felt that much.  I have a farm in Auroria and I'm really surprised how well I'm doing with a 2.5k gearscore.   I got 2 shot earlier but that only happened 1 time.  WE had a huge raid fight and I was dealing some heavy damage with an entry level obsidian weapon.  I'm really surprised at the number of players I can kill with such a low gearscore.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Fool me once....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited December 2016
    Bestinna said:
    Renoaku said:
    i like to have all content in a game...

And its about the decisions Trion has made with the game as a company all in the wrong direction when I first started AA even with the APEX sellers and Whales the game was fine its the patches and things Trion did to destroy the game and the experience which not even the last patch has addressed any of the issues or fixed anything.
    just out of curiosity: what content don't you get? what issues that need to be fixed?
    What ever they are, I don't think they're worth quitting over but to each their own.
    When Trion changed "Key Parts of the game"

. A hero system that allows griefing of same faction players aka (Dictatorship) aka if the Top Guild makes unofficial alliances with (Reds) East / West for example, or chooses to (PK) Their own faction during events its allowed (Rather than keeping the game Neutral) where there was no heroes it prevented this... (Not all servers were like this, but even remotely allowing this to be a possibility is a problem.)

** I had a player on my server before they left the server doing in game harassment trying to force me to download TS3 software and get on a server just for taking part in public events without being in his group, reported it to Trion.) And Trion said it was legal for him to be doing such because they didn't remove them from the game for trying to solict others into downloading software which a player doesn't want to. (Its not that I don't have TS3 I do, but I don't trust the guy) he was a jerk to lots of people.

. Worse the update which forces guilds to farm up and use (Peace Treaty) to avoid being attacked by their own faction (This is a key mechanic that shouldn't have changed PERIOID.)

. Not listening to feed-back to add Wardrobe feature withing enough time warning over 6 months they release so many costumes I had 20+ Costumes in my inventory and zero space left for anything else even with maximum bag spaces.

. No Material Storage like Guild Wars 2 which this game by all means should have since it has so many different types of crafting materials.

. Releasing limited time content in (Credit Packs of $100 and $50) rather than cash shop...

. Labor needs a fix for sure it should be removed entirely, keep the RNG but let players craft unlimited amount of times harvest etc. (Although this wasn't much of my complaint its just more casual players are not going to have 7-9 accounts for Labor and Land holding.)

I mean don't get me wrong I am all for PVP, but changing (Key Features) of the game such as allowing (Griefing) letting dictatorship kids get control of a server and harassment other guilds and players it just killed the game for me, with everything Trion changed ( Just like with World OF Warcraft) the developers who make Arche Age have no brains (Perhaps in Korea) this is okay and they like it but it should not have been brought the same way into the western version.... (In other words if I was looking for full pvp, I would play something (Hard Core) where all the rules and game-play is fair like (Dark Fall) where its full loot (Not Arche Age.)

This is what made me say I am done with Arche Age I would rather dump $800 USD into crow-fall and see the game Fail, or be released and be a game I hate than for 12 months into Arche Age Plus about 1-3k a year being spent on the game alone keeping my subscriptions and content renewed for a game company that isn't going to listen to the consumers, and just ruin everything.

. Things that made other players quit by guilds being able to siege and move castles from Auroria Lands so that players would lose property and quickly claim it all (Although this isn't possible now.) It screwed over so many players. (With no revert.)
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Giving Archeage another try is like saying "hey I wonder is this dried up dog turd will still stink if I kick it down the street"
    Soybean said:
    Giving Archeage another try is like saying "hey I wonder is this dried up dog turd will still stink if I kick it down the street"
    I am quite positive it still stinks.

ste2000 said:
    Soybean said:
    I am quite positive it still stinks.

I'm still playing it one month later.  So far I've had no problems and having a lot of fun owning land and making gold.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Harvesting crops and selling just isn't why I i habit virtual worlds. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon