Its time to give Archeage another shot. (read before commenting)

filmoretfilmoret Palm Bay, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,906
Under new Management.   This is what I have to describe what has happened to this game.  Yes you will have to deal with rng crafting endgame.  But you are talking about 8 months to a year from now before you are even prepared to use crafted gear.  There is land on just about every server and its available to be claimed.  You cannot be attacked in the housing area unless its wartime.  There are tree's everywhere waiting to be harvested.  Its like they replaced the team running this game and made it better.  The cash shop has been trimmed down a lot to help with p2w.  I enter the game and do not feel hopeless because I cannot find any land and I do not feel the wall is suddenly hitting me at max level like it once did. 

The bad.
You cannot play on any of the fresh start servers.  Do not even try.
You cannot really enjoy the game without being a patron.


You don't have to jump in and drink the koolaid.  Just login to your old character and run around a bit and see if its working for you.  Check out the empty spots in housing areas and read up on obsidian gear which is the first set of gear you will begin to upgrade for about 8 months and once thats done you will start on crafted gear.
Are you onto something or just on something?
«1345

Comments

  • ste2000ste2000 londonMember EpicPosts: 6,194
    So what changed specifically with this version that make it so different from the previous one, apart from the slimmed down cash shop?

  • DeltusDeltus hMember UncommonPosts: 6
    No.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Anderson, InMember RarePosts: 3,140
    It had it's chance when it launched, I'm not going back, you get one shot with me, not gonna support losers.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 208
    ArcheAge really has changed for the better.



    Come and join the fun. ;)
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,267
    edited December 2016
    Except by not playing on the fresh start servers you are probably missing out one of the greatest features of this expansion.

    Many are returning for the possibility of achieving parity in the "arms race" to the top. They hope to not be one shot cannon fodder to the over achievers and wallet warriors.

    By playing on the legacy servers you still are prey to those who already are in the 6-8K GS range.

    Now, if the devs have done what Blizzard usually does, basically invalidate all previous progression by releasing a new tier of gear that is readily achievable by both veteran and new player alike than your advice is sound.

    So the OP comes across as, if all you want to do is find some land to farm and craft on and have some "fun", come on down.

    I don't play MMORPGs for fun, especially not ones where the end game is all about PVP, castle sieges and territory control.

    In DAOC I was never one of the elite high realm rank players but the mechanics were such that I was still relevant, even if I had to join the zerg to do so.

    When I played L2 the curve was such I never was relevant, alway 1 shot fodder soon as I joined the field.

    In EVE I found the only MMO where I achieved full progression parity, and the fights come down to factors which I have more control over, but not by gear or level.

    So, has anything been changed so were I to join today, play 2-3 hours a day, and at some time down the road I will achieve some sort of reasonable parity with the veterans?

    If not, still not the game for me. (most aren't these days I realize)



    Post edited by Kyleran on

    On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - Screw off-grid PVE boosting changes

    In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon


  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Long Island, NYMember RarePosts: 982
    Playing on the new servers where you are somewhat on even footing = wait in queue for hours. if you didnt manage to get in and get land on the coast you are behind.
    Playing on the old servers you are so far behind you are basically farm-bait.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,287
    edited December 2016
    Elsabolts said:
    It had it's chance when it launched, I'm not going back, you get one shot with me, not gonna support losers.
    Exactly I would love to give AA another go, but I cannot because I don't see much has changed and Trion just making horrid decisions things they won't reverse like...

    . No Wardrobe for costumes per account /character.
    . No material storage like Guild Wars 2.
    . Allowing own faction to PK their own guilds / bully others with no warning if they don't pop peace treaty all the time...

    . Labor system is still horrid.

    . Putting limited time packs on market to get people to buy stuff to get limited time items constantly over and over again such as buy $100 get a hot tub... Even users who paid for a pack the day before don't get it, and are screwed over rather than just putting it in cash shop...

    Tried AA, don't trust Trion anymore as a company they ruined it for me great game, bad company hosting it.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 143
    edited December 2016
    There has never been anything wrong with archeage. If you're lazy like me and don't like logging in to pay/craft taxes then you can't take any breaks from the game but other than that, it's great. Even the RNG is do-able, just save up gold and buy your epic+ weapon.

    Whining about P2W is overrated in this game. Whales selling apex allows F2Players to get patron without spending money. Yes they get geared a lot faster but they're just missing out on a lot of the fun you have running packs cross continent, killing pirates and getting killed. Don't take the 18 yr old wannabe-elists seriously and you'll be fine.

    Not too offend anyone but I will never know what it's like sucking in PvP. I feel like when it comes to Archeage, only the majority who are bad at PvP complain because I can only assume they die a lot in an open world PvP game. These people should take that opportunity to get better, not rage quit, whine, then play a simpler game.
    Post edited by Bestinna on
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,287
    Bestinna said:
    There has never been anything wrong with archeage. If you're lazy like me and don't like logging in to pay/craft taxes then you can't take any breaks from the game but other than that, it's great. Even the RNG is do-able, just save up gold and buy your epic+ weapon.

    Whining about P2W is overrated in this game. Whales selling apex allows F2Players to get patron without spending money. Yes they get geared a lot faster but they're just missing out on a lot of the fun you have running packs cross continent, killing pirates and getting killed. Don't take the 18 yr old wannabe-elists seriously and you'll be fine.
    For me its not about Pay 2 Win, its about the decisions Trion has made theres (Pay 2 Win) and then there is (Pay 2 Enjoy) Meaning pay to get things you really like or don't get them less enjoyment of the game some people don't care but i like to have all content in a game...

    And its about the decisions Trion has made with the game as a company all in the wrong direction when I first started AA even with the APEX sellers and Whales the game was fine its the patches and things Trion did to destroy the game and the experience which not even the last patch has addressed any of the issues or fixed anything.
  • KhegobierKhegobier Madison, ALMember UncommonPosts: 8
    Nothing has changed with Archeage.

    Wait, no.  It has gotten worse.  3.0 converted the game into a pure money grab : if you're not willing to pay money you're screwed.  They've removed systems (all in the name of game balance) and gated everything behind essentially a patron paywall.  

    The game was grindy enough before with my main complaint that you essentially had to log in and play for 3-4 hours daily in order to maximize everything with all the dailies.  3.0 takes that and makes it exponentially worse.  I already walked away from the game for the most part because I wanted to play on my terms, not be dictated to and have the game turn into a job.  3.0 didn't fix that.

    Oh, and then there's freshstart.  Start a whole new account, pay again for all the things you've already paid for once.  Launch the game and the servers to technical issues because you simply don't know how to test things.

    And finally, Trion being Trion.  They took away rightfully gained account bonuses in order to make the freshstart servers "a fair playing field".  They claim they announced this, but in reality they didn't.  Trion's communication has always been piss poor, and they continually slap their customers in the face.

    This is Archeage 3.0.  The same as all the previous Trion versions of archeage.  It's not worth going back to, or picking up for the first time.
  • exile01exile01 areMember RarePosts: 800
    Archage was NEVER worth it. 
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Renoaku said:
    i like to have all content in a game...

    And its about the decisions Trion has made with the game as a company all in the wrong direction when I first started AA even with the APEX sellers and Whales the game was fine its the patches and things Trion did to destroy the game and the experience which not even the last patch has addressed any of the issues or fixed anything.
    just out of curiosity: what content don't you get? what issues that need to be fixed?
    What ever they are, I don't think they're worth quitting over but to each their own.
  • beebop500beebop500 IndianaMember UncommonPosts: 142
    To properly give a game a shot requires that I be able to log into the game and play consistently, without constant fear of disconnects or login queues.....from what I can tell, that is still an issue with this game even years after release
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 143
    beebop500 said:
    To properly give a game a shot requires that I be able to log into the game and play consistently, without constant fear of disconnects or login queues.....from what I can tell, that is still an issue with this game even years after release
    Getting this on fresh start server but never before.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Long Island, NYMember RarePosts: 982
    2095 in queue on the fresh start......fun game if you don't mind waiting hours to log in.

    Too bad all those afk players are running in circles everywhere and doing everything else to stay perma logged.

    Sucks for those who cant get in to pay their taxes and lose their land.
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 143
    2095 in queue on the fresh start......fun game if you don't mind waiting hours to log in.

    Too bad all those afk players are running in circles everywhere and doing everything else to stay perma logged.

    Sucks for those who cant get in to pay their taxes and lose their land.
    I'm f2p and logged in instantly. I did choose the less populated fresh start server but I did that on purpose so good decision on my part. You should switch before you put in too much effort on that server.
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,694
    ste2000 said:
    So what changed specifically with this version that make it so different from the previous one, apart from the slimmed down cash shop?
    Land is 100 times easier to get, because 3.0 added a ton more of it and those who have a lot of land have ridiculous tax penaltiea that force them to get rid of all but 3-4 plots. Other than thay gear is a lot easier to get, and there is more content. but land is a big one.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A PrestonMember UncommonPosts: 815
    I am currently running down my time on the historic servers, and would advise anyone who wants to play this game seriously, dont go near the older servers, everything on them is set up to keep the top at top, even things like crafting has been made such that unless you have 150k experience you can forget making the cash.

    Give you 2 good examples, prior to 3.0 if you have 60k expertise (easy to get in each crafting area) you could make everything, now even a simple woodlot or husbandry cage requires 150k experitse. this means that your left to just plant and farm single trees, this produces in region of 20% of the volume of the others.

    I was going to join the new servers upon release, until they pulled their usual cash-shop crap.... releasing the £115 pack with lots of labour point pots, straight away means p2w... because in this game once your ahead , your ahead, now im not saying you cant be competitive without it, you can, but to be in the top few percentile you will struggle once your behind the curve.

    Its sad really, as i genuinely like this game, its just the damn dev companies who run it.. :(

    This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Long Island, NYMember RarePosts: 982
    Cant get ahead if you spend most of you available playtime in a queue with other paying customers.
  • alivenaliven SzczytnoMember UncommonPosts: 265
    DMKano said:
    ste2000 said:
    So what changed specifically with this version that make it so different from the previous one, apart from the slimmed down cash shop?
    Land is 100 times easier to get, because 3.0 added a ton more of it and those who have a lot of land have ridiculous tax penaltiea that force them to get rid of all but 3-4 plots. Other than thay gear is a lot easier to get, and there is more content. but land is a big one.
    As the only poster who is not on hate trion hype train is you for my knowledge i ask you if it is possible to be competitive as f2p ?
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Long Island, NYMember RarePosts: 982
    aliven said:
    DMKano said:
    ste2000 said:
    So what changed specifically with this version that make it so different from the previous one, apart from the slimmed down cash shop?
    Land is 100 times easier to get, because 3.0 added a ton more of it and those who have a lot of land have ridiculous tax penaltiea that force them to get rid of all but 3-4 plots. Other than thay gear is a lot easier to get, and there is more content. but land is a big one.
    As the only poster who is not on hate trion hype train is you for my knowledge i ask you if it is possible to be competitive as f2p ?
    No, f2p cannot own land. If you grind many many hours........still wont.
  • WarlyxWarlyx UnknowMember RarePosts: 2,326
    hahaha no
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    filmoret said:
    Under new Management.   This is what I have to describe what has happened to this game.  Yes you will have to deal with rng crafting endgame.  But you are talking about 8 months to a year from now before you are even prepared to use crafted gear.  There is land on just about every server and its available to be claimed.  You cannot be attacked in the housing area unless its wartime.  There are tree's everywhere waiting to be harvested.  Its like they replaced the team running this game and made it better.  The cash shop has been trimmed down a lot to help with p2w.  I enter the game and do not feel hopeless because I cannot find any land and I do not feel the wall is suddenly hitting me at max level like it once did. 

    The bad.
    You cannot play on any of the fresh start servers.  Do not even try.
    You cannot really enjoy the game without being a patron.


    You don't have to jump in and drink the koolaid.  Just login to your old character and run around a bit and see if its working for you.  Check out the empty spots in housing areas and read up on obsidian gear which is the first set of gear you will begin to upgrade for about 8 months and once thats done you will start on crafted gear.
    Go home! You're drunk!
  • btdtbtdt Member UncommonPosts: 98
    LOL "Under New Management".... is sometimes just a slick tactic to prey on the unsuspecting.

    I remember this one furniture store that was always having a fire sale... until one day it actually did have a fire... then the owner was arrested for arson.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Dallas, TXMember RarePosts: 1,308
    Just seems to me that people aren't willing to work for anything anymore. You gotta grind to make money, and Archeage has tons of ways for you to do so. You can run farm carts, grind mobs, sail the ocean with packs, rob people (pirate), fish, and for those with more dollars than sense, spend money and buy Apex or whatever. You have options, and yes there will always be people willing to buy there way to the top of the charts. That doesn't mean they'll be the best at PvP, and those people are pretty far and few between anyway. I leveled up a brand new character on a legacy server and have been destroying people in arena with my 3k gear score. Sure I don't win them all, but I very rarely lose because of gear score. It's usually my own mistakes.

    Learn from them and you'll get better. Play the game, and your gear will get better. No need to be the top 1% and rush as hard as you can. That thought process is flawed beyond belief. Almost impossible. Just do what you're capable of, and enjoy playing a good video game. Stop criticizing every little thing that doesn't meet your absurd standards. Nothing is perfect. Nothing ever will be. Just appreciate what you've got.
    QuarterStack
Sign In or Register to comment.