Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dark and Light] "Stay tuned"

2»

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited December 2016
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Dragnelus said:
    Like I said earlier, DnL will most likely be aimed primarily at Snail's Chinese players, for obvious reasons. If they succeed with that, any NA/EU revenue will just be a side dish.
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    Dragnelus said:
    Like I said earlier, DnL will most likely be aimed primarily at Snail's Chinese players, for obvious reasons. If they succeed with that, any NA/EU revenue will just be a side dish.
    I thought i read somewhere that DnL was made by an American division of snail games. I dont have a source but wouldnt it make sense seeing as its being released on steam in english before there's even a chinese language version ?

• KinringKinring Member UncommonPosts: 104
    cheyane said:
    Combat seems to be a closely guarded secret.
    Which, in the MMO (online survival games inlcuded) world, means that it is not worth showing off.

• bakon2bakon2 Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Ha...I am still waiting on my leather map :)

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    the most annoying thing i hate is that there us site for the game still says "Coming This Year"

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2016
    Well "apparently" They are not releasing any video footage for two reasons of which i call BS on. First of all ,their two excuses would be no different from ANY other game,so WHY is this an exclusive choice to not show anything?

They claim it is because they have contracts with third party vendors that won't allow them to show their stuff....lmao ya right,how would anyone see exactly what is exclusive content designs,all we see as onlookers is a game,not like we could pinpoint any one idea and say OH YEAH,i can see the copyright infringement right there.
     Then they further the BS by making some statement about individual system guys or something along those lines not wanting to share their individual work,all bla bla to me.Something about not wanting legal suits for not releasing conntet they show in videos pre launch. This btw is imo the exact same game as was 9 years ago ,i doubt there is much improvement at all,which lends me to believe a VERY small team.

This game was a SCAM back then and since it is really part of the same people who ran it back then,i would be big time skeptical of a legit game now. There might be some visual upgrading ,but what i figure will be is still that same sort of looking like a cross between EQ1>EQ2.low end sort of game.

I believe a sort of survival game because that would mean a design that takes very little effort. Back to the part about legal suits,yep i believe they do not have a large enough team to finish ideas that were pandered around back in 2006,unfinished work will get voided,that's why they are afraid of misrepresentation.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2016
    Dragnelus said:
    I might start "making a game" to receive an award as well since they can get one for throwing around some words and some screen shots of UE store assets.

Edit: wait, can't forget the GIFs! Its all about the GIFs!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Their plan "Push the hype machine, push the hype machine, get people to buy the game before really getting to see what its like, by the time they find it to be shit its too late, sunset the game when it runs out of enough suckers, move on to another project."
    This is how Snail has always done business tbh. Black Gold Online is a prime example. They tried to go B2P with it and shortly went F2P (within a couple of weeks). Now its forgotten (if anyone even heard of it to begin with).
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited December 2016
    Albatroes said:
    Dragnelus said:
    I might start "making a game" to receive an award as well since they can get one for throwing around some words and some screen shots of UE store assets.

Edit: wait, can't forget the GIFs! Its all about the GIFs!
    Its all about the gifs!!!

Edit:

Can someone who knows chinise translate this?:

Dragnelus said:
    I thought i read somewhere that DnL was made by an American division of snail games. I dont have a source but wouldnt it make sense seeing as its being released on steam in english before there's even a chinese language version ?
    There is no "american division" of Snail Games.

The Steam release is an unconfirmed rumour. Which looks more bogus with each passing day...

The "most looked forward to in 2017" award was from a Chinese game site. Most game info is released in Chinese by Snail.

There's no way they're going to release DnL in the West before they release it in China. Their reputation will take a massive knock in their home audience, which is the player base they REALLY care about.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Dragnelus said:

The Steam release is an unconfirmed rumour. Which looks more bogus with each passing day...

The "most looked forward to in 2017" award was from a Chinese game site. Most game info is released in Chinese by Snail.

There's no way they're going to release DnL in the West before they release it in China. Their reputation will take a massive knock in their home audience, which is the player base they REALLY care about.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/529180/

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016

"The company is one of the first online game developers in China. With over 1,500 employees, Snail has a global presence, with offices in China (Suzhou and Shanghai), Taiwan, Russia and the US.
    2009-2016 Snail USA, Inc. Snail USA, Snail Game and the Snail logo are trademarks of Snail USA, Inc. and/or Suzhou Snail Digital Technology Co. Ltd. registered in various countries and categories. All rights reserved. "

Though what worries me is that there is not set date, it only says coming in 2017.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Let's go Snail. You did it once. Do it again. Stay true this time!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    ste2000 said:

"The company is one of the first online game developers in China. With over 1,500 employees, Snail has a global presence, with offices in China (Suzhou and Shanghai), Taiwan, Russia and the US.
    2009-2016 Snail USA, Inc. Snail USA, Snail Game and the Snail logo are trademarks of Snail USA, Inc. and/or Suzhou Snail Digital Technology Co. Ltd. registered in various countries and categories. All rights reserved. "

Though what worries me is that there is not set date, it only says coming in 2017.

Having "an office" in the US does not mean they have a development team in the US. For the purpose of the original discussion, my comment stands. AFAIK, Snail does not have a development studio in the US.

The original rumour was that there would be an Early Access release of DnL on Steam around 15 December. It was completely bogus.

Snail have since scraped together the bare minimum of requirements to get the Steam listing activated so that it at least appears on Steam, even though all you can do is look at it. And watch the 12 seconds of game play footage... :hurrah: