Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Thoughts as a f2p

13»

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    The game dies with the labor points sytem. Without labor points it becomes boring and redundant.

My final verdict : Do not Download

Black Desert simply offers way more to do, in amuch better looking game and at an amazing value.
    While I agree with most of your OP, I don't agree that Black Desert offers more to do overall. Perhaps if you mean in a pure F2P format, but that's apples and oranges as BDO is B2P.

If it wasn't for the cash shop, I'd still be playing AA today. The second they release a pure subscription model server, I'm there. There were so many ways to play AA, make money, and progress your character. You could be a pirate, a fisherman, a dungeon runner, a farmer; it really had it all. BDO was very shallow in all respects, at least at launch.

My verdict is, as is: Do not download either. But if you're going to download one of the two, download AA.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    I couldnt get into black desert. The classes seemed far to linear allowing little to no customization. I prefer AA class design...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    g0m0rrah said:
    I couldnt get into black desert. The classes seemed far to linear allowing little to no customization. I prefer AA class design...
    i agree to an extent, but these kind of systems 99% of the time become cookiecutter, and that canbe seen in the end game.
    LOL calling Archeage cookie cutter.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Let me tell you my latest Archeage experience. I thought i give it a try again since no MMO really catches my attention at the moment.

Dec 30th, log in, fps 60-80. Played a couple of hours, warborn has an intriguing story and my barbie looks pretty. Logged out and and log back in... 

...Dec 31st, fps 15-30. Why? I find out that i need to delete faulty shady shaders folder. Deleted it.
    Logged back in, fps 60-80. Lag on reckoning terrible but tolerable (i grew up in lag), won't even mention the queue but i am f2p, i won't complain.

Jan 1st. (Happy new year!), lag terrible -losing my patience-, forgot to delete shaders folder, fps 15-30. Fixed it on 2nd login, fps-60-80. My barbie has a big sword and nice metallic panties. She kicks ass and doesn't care about names.

Jan 2nd. Can't even log in, i see a grey screen. I find out it's one of the oldest bugs. No fix.

Conclusion: I don't care if it's p2w. I don't want to win, i just want to see a bit of story and kill some mobs, can't even do that without all this crap. Fuck this game.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I felt I missed something with AA....All I ever saw was a hub to hub themepark...All this talk of a great sandbox, I never saw any of that....To me jsut another poor game in a long line that people try to justify as a good game and it isnt.