Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Revisit to Archage

[Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
edited December 2016 in ArcheAge
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Twitch : dren_utogi

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Let me start out with a disclaimer, this is not positive and strictly my experience  today.

Graphics - this game has not aged well. When I tried a new race I felt like I just stepped into 2 moons online, it felt that bad with my graphics cranked up to max x8msaa. I literally couldn't believe this was archeage.  The texturing and use of visual effects were very generic and barely passable for a standard korean f2p title. I guess the idea was moar guassian blur on the background to make what little they do have "pop" out. Compared to games like Gw2 , Black Desert and even an older title like ache of conan, Archeage isn't holding up at ll.

War Born , torn , bore, race felt very "rushed" with one body style, and little options ot make him my own. The rip off of the Castanic from Tera is like "look , its just like Tera come play Archeage" . I understand the need for more races in archeage, but this is laughable at best. The transmutation, wooppdy doo who cares. I could transmutate in shadowbane 11 years ago.

Animation wise for these races, I couldn't find them, it was like watching a playdo melt in the sun, another words it was a snooze fest.

My biggest concern is how did this game go from one of the most anticipated titles of the 21st century into a a totally pile of lack luster dog crap that simply needs scooped up and thrown away. I believe Trion made a big mistake with this title and they should've tried to land something like Blessed Online or eveb Black Desert when it wa looking for NA publishing. 

THe last thing thatpissed meoff, 2 character total , period. That screams to me that the economy in this game is total fucked beyond repair when they have to micro manage population like that.

I literally spent about 3 minutes of total game time for this opinion. Slam that  if you want, but if the game is not engaging enough to make me want to learn more about mechanics, crafting or anything then it simply will not last long in my rotation .

This is not Trions fault at all, XLGames is to blame for the poorly design game mechanics that lead to the mess the game is in today. Everything from poor graphics, animations and economy can be laid at XL Games feet.

I love Atlas Reactor and Rift, but archeage is Trions Hindenburg imho.

Only thing I'll absolutely agree with is that this game could've hugely benefitted from a different developer. Trion hasn't been so hard since this title but honestly a lot of the technical stuff is due to XLGames and how quickly they respond to situations that honestly other versions are having an issue with as well. This game has honestly pulled as much money as it can and Trion obviously knows this by doing the "fresh start" tactic to hook new whales. They can't be stupid enough to think that previous whales will switch to this one on a brand knew account just to dump the same amount of money into it again. The future of AA isn't looking that bright, its a shame too. Hopefully, XL will just sell the IP so someone else can do it justice. Even Trion could honestly do better if they were the sole developers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited December 2016
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Both AA and Devilian are taking up valuable spots in their arsenal - sandbox mmo & arpg.

I always hoped they would make their own arpg and sandbox but now they are stuck with both these games forever b/c of all the money they collected.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Trion needs imho to really watch the revenue level on this game, and has to be vigilant in determining that the cost to run the game is becoming a burden. If they try to ride out a"dry spell" it could hurt them long term when trying to "find" capital for a new game.

Again ,XL Games  is the sole owner of this games poor performance and server issues.
    I have no doubt that Trion are watching the profit margin on Archeage very closely. I also have no doubt that they're making a decent profit from their publishing rights.

The costs associated with running AA are minimal. I'd be surprised if Trion have more than 5 people dedicated to AA. And judging by the reported queue times on the new server launch, the money will once again be rolling in... :D
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016
    What transpires from this right mess is that Trion are bad negotiators.
    It is obviously they weren't able to sign a contract with XL Games that would give them enough freedom to adapt Archeage to our market and according to their own principles.

The only thing Trion employees are directly responsible for in Archeage is translation and first line customer service, everything else is up to XLG.
    The biggest limit to their bad negotiation skills is that they could not take control of the Cash Shop, which I believe XLG controls directly.
    There is no other explanation to why the same company that owns one of the best Cash Shops in Rift also own the worst Cash Shop in Archeage.
    It doesn't make sense.

Bottom line is Trion is finally the sole responsible for signing that contract therefore they have to live with the consequences.

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    Let me start out with a disclaimer, this is not positive and strictly my experience  today.

Graphics - this game has not aged well. When I tried a new race I felt like I just stepped into 2 moons online, it felt that bad with my graphics cranked up to max x8msaa. I literally couldn't believe this was archeage.  The texturing and use of visual effects were very generic and barely passable for a standard korean f2p title. I guess the idea was moar guassian blur on the background to make what little they do have "pop" out. Compared to games like Gw2 , Black Desert and even an older title like ache of conan, Archeage isn't holding up at ll.
    What are you talking about? ArcheAge ist still one of the best looking MMOs. Snowy/wintery zones in general are very hard to get right.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    I've read a lot of complaints about AA, but is one of the few I seen about the graphics.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Yeah, cash shop and hacking problems are things which makes me stay away from this game. Things like graphics, combat system, class diversification, political system are one of the best in the market right now.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Yeah, cash shop and hacking problems are things which makes me stay away from this game. Things like graphics, combat system, class diversification, political system are one of the best in the market right now.
    Yep I think that works for most of us.
    Archeage Cash Shop is a cancer which single-handedly killed this game.
    The only people that seems not be aware of it  in the entire universe are XLG and Trion.

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    All games you listed are heavily zoned or instanced (even Lord of the Rings Online to an extent for interior, Moria etc.). And I still think ArcheAge, which boasts a game world that is completely open including an ocean, is better looking than your examples.

edited December 2016
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I thought the graphics were pretty good.  Most people seem to agree with that if not about the cash shop.  Goes to show that graphics is a matter of personal choice and won't be influenced by the opinions of others.

I self identify as a monkey.