Are you unable to see the live forum feed?

MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community ManagerQueens, NYAdministrator RarePosts: 6,243
I have been unable to see our live forum feed at both MMORPG.com and forums.mmorpg.com and I am trying to find out if this is also affecting other users here. If you are also not seeing the feed, please post in this thread with what you're experiencing,  the browser(s) affected, and your OS.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
Community Manager
Twitter: @eMikeB

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 7,157
    Affected:  Cannot see the current forum feed and the EDIT button on messages is invisible (but works if you find it).

This is on Chrome with Win7 and also on my Ipad

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 207
    Yea it's an issue on my side too.
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 207
    edited December 2016
    There's no edit button for some reason o.o I'm using Google Chrome and I'm on Windows Vista on a laptop.
    Post edited by francis_baud on
  • MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community Manager Queens, NYAdministrator RarePosts: 6,243
    Can you guys post screenshots?

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager

• ForgrimmForgrimm Somewhere in TimeMember EpicPosts: 2,421
    edited December 2016
    I can see the feed from the forums tab, but it doesn't show on the home page. Been like that since yesterday. Also, the game buttons on the left side are all blocked out in purple

Post edited by Forgrimm on

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

• MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community Manager Queens, NYAdministrator RarePosts: 6,243
    We just made some changes on the backend. Are you still unable to see the feed @Slapshot1188?

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager

MikeB said:
    We just made some changes on the backend. Are you still unable to see the feed @Slapshot1188?
    I'm on my iPad now and I can see the feed.  I'll check on the desktop in the morning.

Forgrimm said:
    I can see the feed from the forums tab, but it doesn't show on the home page. Been like that since yesterday. Also, the game buttons on the left side are all blocked out in purple

We've fixed the game buttons. Are you seeing this as well?

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAMember EpicPosts: 7,609
    I was having problem with that today but naturally it isn't happening now!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited December 2016
    Feed is back again for me.

The game buttons have been there all the time for me and also did reload right away after i manually cleared my browser-cache 2-3 days ago. No problem with them at all.
    Post edited by Volgore on

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember EpicPosts: 3,799
    Feed is back for me, wasn't earlier. However this has been a recurring issue for a couple months, it comes and goes for me.
    Ridelynn
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 22,701
    I'm also affected. I've tried Chrome and Firefox.

I can see it in Internet Explorer.

I"m using Windows 7 and Windows 10.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Somewhere in TimeMember EpicPosts: 2,421
    MikeB said:
    Forgrimm said:

We've fixed the game buttons. Are you seeing this as well?
    Buttons are fixed, thanks.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus BaatorMember RarePosts: 1,968
    edited December 2016
    It happens to me randomly quite often, don't causes it. Yesterday couldn't see it all day then during the night it started working again.

Firefox 50.0.2,  win 7 64

Oh also  I can no longer see the EDIT button in top right corner of my posts.  It's still there and I can click on it but it's invisible, I am only able to edit my post because I KNOW it's there.
    Post edited by Asm0deus on
    Ridelynn

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

Should be fixed now.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager

EDIT button is fixed for me.  At least on my desktop.

• kitaradkitarad RomeMember EpicPosts: 3,590
    edited December 2016
    This is a sneaky way to get us to fess up to our ad blockers (which I never use on this site).

Related image
    Post edited by kitarad on

• VardahothVardahoth Temecula, CAMember RarePosts: 1,471
    30% of the time coming to the site main home page, I get blank white followed by error. Refreshing works, but it's a reoccurring issue (randomly reproduced). Using win7/chrome.

I Quit.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/436845/page/1 -> http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/436845/what-killed-mmorpgs-for-you/p1

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2316034
    Retired Gamer: all MMORPG's have been destroyed by big business, marketing of false promises, unprofessional game makers, and a generation of "I WIN and GIVE ME NOW" (brought to you by pokeman).

• VelifaxVelifax Ogden, UTMember UncommonPosts: 364
    On my IPad I'm unable to see either the new forum posts or the forum list without scrolling past the list of games. Looks like it is just a few dozen pixels too wide.
    Ridelynn
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Figueira da FozMember EpicPosts: 3,984
    The feed is flippant on both the homepage and forum home, sometimes it seems some site elements take too long to load, hence the forum widget never loads.

Another of the things NEVER happen on my side is the supposed auto-refresh. :P
    Slapshot1188
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 12,830
    Yes it missing as well seems like someone has messed around a bit with the site,so that is where you would look ,with the website coder,he/she should know what he worked on and look there.
    As last poster mentioned,too long to load is fact,so likely coding errors/loops.

As to other poster,no ad blocker is on so that has nothing to do with it.It is common knowledge at this point what websites "all of them" are doing to thwart adblockers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.