3.0 Changes and Fresh Start -Return and populate Archeage, for it is awesome now

124»

Comments

  • OptiqueMarquisOptiqueMarquis Member UncommonPosts: 846
    ive never player archeage, but ive read enough about it on the internets that made SOE and Smed look like mother Theresa.





    in any event, I will go along with the op and give it a try.
  • GilcroixGilcroix WIMember UncommonPosts: 214
    edited December 2016
    I considered finally giving this game a try. I work evenings, so play late at night. I tried to log in at 4am and the que was over 400 people and over an hour wait. I can just imagine how bad prime time que's must be. O.o Guess I'll try it another time . . . 
    Post edited by Gilcroix on
  • DragnelusDragnelus UtrechtMember RarePosts: 2,052
    You can get labor pots on the fresh servers?




  • filmoretfilmoret Palm Bay, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,906
    Dragnelus said:
    You can get labor pots on the fresh servers?
    Yes
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ste2000ste2000 londonMember EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016
    Dragnelus said:
    You can get labor pots on the fresh servers?
    There is a limit of 30 per month apparently.
    Post edited by ste2000 on

  • Zer0KZer0K TokyoMember UncommonPosts: 68
    I still like my idea of a point system and finishing system for PvP.

    PvP Kill Points are awarded for players killing other players where your opponent is from a certain range or higher.
    (Basically the game would determine the range based on a number of factors i.e. Level and Gear would be the two main factors).

    If your opponent falls within the range, you will receive either Soft or Hard kill points if you beat him.
    Soft kill points are where you incapacitate the opponent but do not strike a killing blow.
    Hard kill points are where you strike the killing blow.

    If you incapacitate a player lower than you and outside the 'RANGE', then you get a negative Soft Kill Point.
    If you strike a killing blow to a player lower than you and outside the 'RANGE', then you get a negative Hard Kill Point.  Meaning your total Hard or Soft Kill Points will be reduced.
    As well, if it's a Hard Kill Point to a player outside your range, you'll receive another point to indicated that.  That point total will be shown at any trial you are brought to.  (i.e. killer of low level noobs).

    Soft and Hard Kill Points are points one can accumulate through PvP to earn towards getting kewl items.
    Hark Kill Points also are a running counter and is used to rank you on the server.
    Rank will provide other minor benefits.

    Basically, what this system will do is dissuade higher level/geared players from ganking other players who fall outside of the 'Range'.  It gives incentive to focus on those within the 'Range' for PvP competition.
    It allows lower level players less geared and outside the 'range' to have more of a chance to play the game without getting pummeled by superior level/geared players.
    It doesn't guarantee players with superior level/gear won't kill you, but such negative points accumulated will be shown when/if the player is ever brought to a trial.

  • OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHMember RarePosts: 8,740
    The title of this thread should be too little too late.  The point that many of you ignore is the game still has labor points.  No matter how you try to prop that up, it still just ruins the game.  Whoever came up with the idea for labor points should be banned from ever interfacing with a game again.

    There are A LOT better MMO's out there and wasting time on this POS, is just that wasting time.
  • Zer0KZer0K TokyoMember UncommonPosts: 68
    Ozmodan said:
    The title of this thread should be too little too late.  The point that many of you ignore is the game still has labor points.  No matter how you try to prop that up, it still just ruins the game.  Whoever came up with the idea for labor points should be banned from ever interfacing with a game again.

    There are A LOT better MMO's out there and wasting time on this POS, is just that wasting time.
    Well yeah.  Though there are elements in this game that I like and that I haven't seen other games pull it off.
    The game definitely has some weaknesses, but there again, are nice elements that I don't see a lot of other MMOs incorporating.

    But that said, even with that, I'm not quite convinced to go back and give it another shot.

  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,418
    edited December 2016
    I won't deny the new patch did bring some awesome things to the game like New Classes, and customization, but lets look at what the game hasn't addressed or brought to the game, and how Trion / XL Games ruined the game...

    . Labor is a constant problem with the game it caps on patron accounts which it should not if a player choses to not play for 30 days then labor should constantly carry over, or auto craft (Tax Certificates) in the least. (Labor really screws up the game too IMO should be removed / reworked.)

    . Same Faction Griefing, what ruins this game Yes I know about ( Peace Treaty) But the ability to become a (Hero) tell all guilds every little guild must follow or you attack / Grief your own faction in the game should be punish worthy Hard, or be re-worked so this isn't allowed like it once was... ( Allow people to duel) and accept fights still, or give 24 hour advanced notice, or 1 hour advanced notice before fights begin unless a leader accepts it early.

    . No wardrobe a very simple thing for those who collect costumes before I quit AA I had lots of accounts, Had every house in the game Many Many farms, and every costume in the game pretty much my inventory was full no where to store all the cosmetic items like (ESO) (Guild Wars 2) How has this game not put in a new wardrobe system...

    . SInce there are so many (Event Items) and (Crafting ITems / Drops Required) to craft why is there no (Material Storage like Guild Wars 2.)

    . GM's who allow allow Heroes / Faction guilds to Grief / PK their own faction and try to force them to download third party software aka (Ventrilo) (TS3) if a player doesn't wish to, Trion allowed this on the server I played on and while its perfectly acceptable for a player not to be part of (X) Persons raid or group he was trying to force it on everyone as a whole in the entire faction. (He should have been banned.)

    . The Pay 2 Enjoy Limited time items on top of selling packs was the Last Straw for me (Having 7 Accounts) just for holding land, and another two for crafting in the game, having everything in the game pretty much and finally just giving up on the game because of how greedy Trion got with the Limited event items (RNG Boxes) (GM BullS***) (Politics) and (Faction Drama) "Arche Age is not worth playing" I can say that with a strong opinion after playing the game and spending hundreds / Thousands of dollars worth of land / buildings in the game over a couple of years time... I had everything any guild could dream of having pretty much and could have gotten much more, something that would take a F2P player strictly a long time to get, and I can tell you the game isn't worth playing...

    If you are looking for fair PVP, and fighting without the Pay 2 Enjoy / Pay 2 Win Aspects, then I would recommend any MOBA, LOL, DOTA 2, Smite, OverWatch, even Guild Wars 2, Maybe Crowfall, Cross Out, ESO, Dark Fall, There are a ton of games worth looking into over Arche Age...

    Don't get me wrong the Beauty of Arche Age is good, but when you factor in, The Grind, The Developers who never listen, Trion being Greedy, hundreds of dollars you throw at the game, a game which can have hard-core disruptive players and griefers in some cases (Its just not worth playing), and for that matter (Dark Fall is better.)

    Its often the Little Things that a game company could fix but don't that make people leave games...

    I am also sure there are people who would likely remember me giving away all 30+ Property's to them, both on U.S, and E.U servers simply because the server was so dead at the time of my leaving for sure that no one wanted to even pay $300 real money way less than half the price I paid for everything, or even In Game Money... Pretty awful and tells you the direction of a game and its state when a game ends up like that, even though RMT isn't legal...
    Post edited by Renoaku on
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Troneas said:
    ive never player archeage, but ive read enough about it on the internets that made SOE and Smed look like mother Theresa.





    in any event, I will go along with the op and give it a try.

    i have been with SOE's disasters and i am with TRION's Archeage.

    and :  nope.

    Archeage 3.0 may be  heavy on legacy servers and veteran players but its just small tint then what SOE did.
  • GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXMember UncommonPosts: 3,415
    Probably the biggest Con that you missed is that you can't get on the Fresh Servers.  Leave it to XLGames to have garnered interest in their game, and then rip it away in an instant before you can even get into the game lol.
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,883
    So posts about AA have really trailed off since 1st of year.

    How's the new release going? Queues die down yet on the new release servers?

    Any reaching the upper levels in gear or territory control?  

    Tell us what's going on guys.

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

    In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon




  • OptiqueMarquisOptiqueMarquis Member UncommonPosts: 846
    Kyleran said:
    So posts about AA have really trailed off since 1st of year.

    How's the new release going? Queues die down yet on the new release servers?

    Any reaching the upper levels in gear or territory control?  

    Tell us what's going on guys.

    hi.




    im a new player whos been playing for three weeks now in the new server. level 53...



    the queues in vengeance are no more, at least for patron players. havent had to wait to log in for over a week now. having said that the other new server reckoning is still suffering from various stability issues apparently.




    most players are still running around in GHA armor, but obsidian gear is rapidly making its way into the economy.




    the first castles and territories have been claimed last week.




  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Algo Star SystemMember EpicPosts: 2,032
    Fresh Start was a total farce. They need to pull any references to "Fresh Start" Archeage off of Steam. There hasn't been a stable DAY of gameplay on Reckoning since day one, and it's the entire reason people even fired up Archeage again.

    Trion is a horrible company. Scott Hartsman needs to be removed as CEO. Fire Krolan, fire the himshe community manager. Fire everything that bleeds or breathes at that place, destroy and rebuild.
  • SoybeanSoybean chicago, ILMember UncommonPosts: 55

    What I heard was:

    Yes come back and play Archeage and never mind the huge holes in the game, toxic community, the P2W element, the bots and wallet warriors because Archeage is the best game in the world. By staying away you are missing out on doing the same repetitive crap over and over again.

    You will miss out on the lack luster events that are often broken, the siege events that are broken, the most awesome world bosses you are never going to down because you are not in the right guild controlling the server.

    If you don’t act now you will continue to miss out on the worthless items you can still get out of an overpriced gamble box and you will get to experience the most spectacular disconnects while hauling a freighter full of packs, to get more gold, for more RNG grinding. YAY!

    As an added bonus you can still push afk’ers off a cliff with your donkey and that spells excitement!





  • TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INMember RarePosts: 5,439
    Played for about a week then got totally bored and havent logged in last month or so...WIll be deleting it soon no doubt.
  • AkemieAkemie Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Gravarg said:
    Probably the biggest Con that you missed is that you can't get on the Fresh Servers.  Leave it to XLGames to have garnered interest in their game, and then rip it away in an instant before you can even get into the game lol.

    For the first 2 to 3 weeks, you are absolutely right.  However, you can get on the FSS now.  The game is only worth playing if you want to play casually.  To try and progress in this game, I can see would be a huge disappointment and frustration.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 3,707
    Akemie said:
    Gravarg said:
    Probably the biggest Con that you missed is that you can't get on the Fresh Servers.  Leave it to XLGames to have garnered interest in their game, and then rip it away in an instant before you can even get into the game lol.

    For the first 2 to 3 weeks, you are absolutely right.  However, you can get on the FSS now.  The game is only worth playing if you want to play casually.  To try and progress in this game, I can see would be a huge disappointment and frustration.
    Exactly, honestly a lot of things are already the same price or more than legacy prices (except apex). So honestly, you're better off playing casually on a legacy server and maybe only use a FS account to make apex. By summer the servers will mostlikely be all tied together again and all those people who thought they were having fun will get rekt'd by the 8-9k GS people from legacy and quit again.
  • filmoretfilmoret Palm Bay, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited January 21
    Albatroes said:
    Akemie said:
    Gravarg said:
    Probably the biggest Con that you missed is that you can't get on the Fresh Servers.  Leave it to XLGames to have garnered interest in their game, and then rip it away in an instant before you can even get into the game lol.

    For the first 2 to 3 weeks, you are absolutely right.  However, you can get on the FSS now.  The game is only worth playing if you want to play casually.  To try and progress in this game, I can see would be a huge disappointment and frustration.
    Exactly, honestly a lot of things are already the same price or more than legacy prices (except apex). So honestly, you're better off playing casually on a legacy server and maybe only use a FS account to make apex. By summer the servers will mostlikely be all tied together again and all those people who thought they were having fun will get rekt'd by the 8-9k GS people from legacy and quit again.
    There is only 11 people with 8k gearscore in NA.  You can get 7k GS with only Celestial grade gear.  So you are just confused about how this works.
    Post edited by filmoret on
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar BelgradeMember UncommonPosts: 388
    Hi there, i have been playing AA for the past few months and i had a blast with it.
    _____________________________________________________________________
    After carefull consideration i decided to continue playing on my old accounts becouse i already had all designs, expansions, cash shop items and many other things you need months to earn.
    Aside of that there was constant queue on fresh start.
    _____________________________________________________________________
    So, from what i experienced 3.0 content was almost entirely focused on Fresh server player and economy balancing, which in return made quite few economic and gameplay colapses on old servers since players were not ready for such drastic measures.

    I understand Trion had implement it on Legacy servers since there couldnt be two separate builds together, but it was clunky design and implementation, together with all of the mess with the downtimes
    (which most of us expected anyhow ,and we got compensation time for it at the least).

    The game overall is still very much playable, but aside of balancing changes there really is not much new content to speak of, and while legacy server populations are rapidly declining, Fresh start is still striving and stable.

    The reason i stopped playing is that overall game became much too grindy and ,repetetive, but that is to be expected from few months burnout gameplay, and any new player will have a blast learning the curve and exploring the world.

    I just suggest you to start on the Fresh Start if you are a new player, becouse even though there is queue, overtime you will be considerably more competetive than you can ever get on legacy servers.

    Peace, and have fun !
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Kansas City, MOMember UncommonPosts: 659
    I'll just add that at this time there has not been a queue once for me on Reckoning for the two weeks that I've been playing.

    image

    "God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member UncommonPosts: 960
    dreamer05 said:
    I'll just add that at this time there has not been a queue once for me on Reckoning for the two weeks that I've been playing.
    Queues tend to go away when the playerbase leaves.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 304
    OG_Zorvan said:
    dreamer05 said:
    I'll just add that at this time there has not been a queue once for me on Reckoning for the two weeks that I've been playing.
    Queues tend to go away when the playerbase leaves.
    OR THIS :

    ArcheAge North America Server Update: 3/1/17 at 8:00 AM PST


    Update:
    We've also recently fixed an issue with the server list so it will no-longer erroneously list "queue" when a server is not currently experiencing a queue. Servers will now appropriately be marked as "high" when they reach the high population limit.

Sign In or Register to comment.