Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Albion Online] You know it's gone be shit when:

Comments

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    @filmoret, I know your comment was a bit old but I just read up on the thread after I posted a while back and wanted to let you know that Freeloaders do have rights in this game too.  The beauty of their optional subscription which I too believe is necessary is that you can buy the premium service with IN GAME currency.  So in other words, if you play the game and make silver, you can use that silver to buy premium without ever needing to buy gold.  I purchased this game a year ago and never once did I have an issue with paying for my premium service with IN GAME currency.
  • CeironxCeironx Member UncommonPosts: 88
    edited January 2017
    Blackboa said:
    @filmoret, I know your comment was a bit old but I just read up on the thread after I posted a while back and wanted to let you know that Freeloaders do have rights in this game too.  The beauty of their optional subscription which I too believe is necessary is that you can buy the premium service with IN GAME currency.  So in other words, if you play the game and make silver, you can use that silver to buy premium without ever needing to buy gold.  I purchased this game a year ago and never once did I have an issue with paying for my premium service with IN GAME currency.
    The boii is backk!!! Albion Online autistic missionary!!!
    MrMelGibson
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Quizzical said:
    So basically, you're not a fan of game subscriptions?  What do you think they should sell, then?
    haha he is making fun of the part where it says pay us money to have a edge over your competition...... It had nothing to do with the subscription part. 
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Ceironx said:
    Scorchien said:
    A Supreme Intellect will be arriving to set you back on the path infidel..
    Too bad these supreme intellectuel people tend to fall prey to these money grab games. Their IQ must have surpassed the level of humanity which made them ignorant of how greedy humans are.
    ....says the dude who probably refuses to pay subs for games.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    you know it's going to be crap when .... It's a video game being released post 2008.
  • BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    All the complaints here revolve around subscriptions and looting, both of which I support (although I don't see why no one has recently tried partial loot).   

You can can fool yourself and say that sub = ptw but what you're really wanting is to pay nothing for your entertainment.  I say this because games with zero subs tend to milk players far more than paying a flat fee usually equaling 50 cents a day. Also games with subs tend to develop content at a far greater pace.  So admit that either A. You have so little money that you shouldn't waste time in
    games or B. You are cheap. 

As for looting, it's a game design choice.  Lots of people like it.  Even more feel the need to criticize and demonize anyone who likes it.  Get over it: some people don't feel the need to control everything that happens.  They like the dynamic nature of risk and reward.  It's ok you like to play another way, but there is nothing sadistic or inherently mean about looting.  It's a game after all. 
  • tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    play the game, with, then without premium character. tell me it is even. tell me that in a pvp, gathering, grinding game it doesnt matter.

is it pay to win? is being able to advance faster when doing the same things as non premium p2w?
    answer for yourself.

i like the game, but to say a premium doesnt have advantages is absurd.
  • genaknoscgenaknosc Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Albion Online is not a pay to win game.

It is a "Pay to not have to grind your way to make enough money to buy premium with in-game silver, before you eat your fingers and gouge your eyes out with the meatless bones from sheer agonizing tedium."
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    @genaknosc Lol well put my friend. I still say it's pay to win though. Any game where you can purchase the ingame currency directly from the company (buy gold, sell gold for silver through ingame menu) is p2w. It doesn't matter that the gear is player made, lootable, blah blah. I can still pull out my wallet and purchase the gear that others spend a lot of time grinding mats, crafting, silver, etc. for. That means p2w to me.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Sure looks like grab as much cash as you can quickly to me......It will be f2p within 2 years
  • butchograndebutchogrande Member UncommonPosts: 23
    edited March 2017
    Korn42 said:

Albion Online's Business Model
    • The premium status allows players to progress faster. It does not give any benefits to combat power

Beside I like the games improvements over the last year, i have to disagree on this one. 

I woud call it a "Hidden PaytoWin Model", since you are not directly better than others on the "short term"  - because you harvest more. But the logical result is, the faster you are, the better you are. So a non-premium player, who is half as fast as another premium player, will be need double time to be in T2, even longer to be in T3 and so on. Get my Point ?

And if you are not willing to grind for silver to buy yourself a premium Status, you are forced to be slower in Progress. Lets Call the system "Buy to Progress faster" then. So the Premium Status is kind of obligartory if you are not a super - i dont care at all  - Carebear.

EVE Online has not such a System as far as i know. 

You should have taken a look at PoEs monetarization model, which i find the best there is. 

Gdemami
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    People complain if there's a cosmetic item that has stats of a starter item you get off a rat and scream P2W! Next will be sub based games are p2w cause if you don't pay you cant play! Ultimate P2W!!!!
    MrMelGibson
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    tokini said:
    play the game, with, then without premium character. tell me it is even. tell me that in a pvp, gathering, grinding game it doesnt matter.

is it pay to win? is being able to advance faster when doing the same things as non premium p2w?
    answer for yourself.

Why claim premium has advantages when you should be saying not paying for the subscription  has disadvantages. Then compare that to a full subscription game where you don't even get to play if you don't pay. So by your standards (and everyone who complains about this stuff) a monthly sub game is absurdly pay to win.
    edited March 2017
    Kilrain said:
    tokini said:

answer for yourself.

Why claim premium has advantages when you should be saying not paying for the subscription  has disadvantages. Then compare that to a full subscription game where you don't even get to play if you don't pay. So by your standards (and everyone who complains about this stuff) a monthly sub game is absurdly pay to win.
    Because they say it themselves?????????????????????????

• Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I knew the game went to shit when they changed their mind about the game being free to play. Now it's buy2play with premium. 
    Gdemami

Archeage EU - Nui

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2017
    I really can't believe I have seen more than one post that has said something to the tune of, this was going to be a great game, then they wanted money for it... Now it's crap... LOL And people wonder why big companies are moving away from MMORPGs. the most expensive, as well as time consuming games to make.
    MrMelGibsonGdemami

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:
    I really can't believe I have seen more than one post that has said something to the tune of, this was going to be a great game, then they wanted money for it... Now it's crap... LOL And people wonder why big companies are moving away from MMORPGs. the most expensive, as well as time consuming games to make.
    No you mean whenever they feel like they are not going to earn as much as they thought so they just turn it into a quick money-grab.
    Gdemami
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    I knew the game went to shit when they changed their mind about the game being free to play. Now it's buy2play with premium. 
    They need to add more cash shop focus (and they likely will eventually, I imagine).  Buy to play?  Pay to play?  With Cash shop?  Why settle for getting money from just having one type of business model when you can have all three?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Don't play it then. Tired of you freeloaders and your silly threads. I wants free!!
    MrMelGibson
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Maybe one day we'll get a game where we have to sit through 5 minutes of commercials every 10 minutes.

No purchase price, no sub, no cash shop.

free! free! free!

fuck no

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    So, let me get this straight:  a full-loot PvP game, a genre in which the strong almost exclusively prey on the weak because most "leet PvPers" aren't looking for a challenge, they are looking for easy kills (players 25 levels below them, etc).....is anyone really surprised it could (potentially, at least) contain some P2W elements? In a game system designed to be an e-peen contest, why would the devs not insert some sort of P2W portions?  They have to know full well that gamers, especially Western ones, are only too happy to open up their wallets so they can feel powerful/important/intelligent/what have you.

@Blackboa ; I see you referenced semantics when talking about the website info on those packs, and you may be right, perhaps the devs or whomever was responsible just didn't phrase things correctly.  If that is indeed the case, they better clean it up quick, because advertising an advantage over other players in a "PvP" game should have people calling your game "P2W".
    Gdemami
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • butchograndebutchogrande Member UncommonPosts: 23
    @beebop500

Agreed. Not understanding this "Premiums Status" Effects is kind of naive. Reminds me on all those mobile games, where you only can be competitive, when you throw money at them- Shitstrom ratings like this thread  are the result. This should be understandable, even MORE in a Full Loot PvP Game. Its basically a 2-Class System, and i dont know where this ever had worked out in a positive response from players. 

Gdemami
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    The game isn't Pay 2 win, its Pay 2 Advance Faster...

1.) if you stop playing for awhile convert all your silver to gold "ALWAYS"

2.) You can farm silver in game, convert it all to gold come back 5 months later it will be worth more...
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Who cares?, it looks about as fun as watching paint dry.
  • KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    There is so many people here that know so much.  I don't know why I went to college.  I should have just come here and read the forums.   You people are sooooo smart. 

I haven't been in the conversation but people come here and say something about someone else fanboi, know they have spent money on a game even though they didn't say they did, even act like they know how much money each other makes.  Act like B2P or P2P is worse than one another, act like one another is worse than another because of their own opinion.  Feel the need to come here and say they got a refund like anyone gives 2 XXXts.  I don't even care if you bought the game honestly.

This entire site is a infestation of why no one should play games or for that matter interact with the human race.  This is not pointed at anyone particular, unless you are human, of course.
    MrMelGibsonGdemami