Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need a button that is "negative" to a bad/troll post

TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYMember Posts: 1,608 Rare
There is occasionally some poster who is just trolling, or posting hateful comments or being rude. Or such a fan of a game, he listens to no reason and makes the game could do no wrong and everyone who doesn't like it is a troll themselves.

On facebook, there is an angry face button. On reddit, you can downvote posts.

I guess there is "LOL", but that one is a good one. It means you made someone laugh or cheered them up, so not a negative. That one is my favorite, so whenever I see a rude person, it feels weird to use it when they didn't make me laugh.

I dunno what it could be called. But on reddit, it tends to improve posts a lot. You can really see the trolls/people who post things that are disliked the most. But most of the time, if you make a good post, you get a like or vote up for it.

My adult gaming and mods website (various games, adult mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 

http://nsfwgaming.wixsite.com/adultgamingandmods

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member Posts: 3,872 Epic
    edited December 2016
    Wait, your panel doesn't have this?

Must be a MVP thing then :)

• postlarvalpostlarval Member Posts: 822 Rare
    That would get abused as fast as it was implemented. People marking posts as negative just because they disagree. 

Most MMO forum-goers act like petty, annoying children. It's imperative MMORPG.com protect the forums from these people. 
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community Manager Queens, NYAdministrator Posts: 6,199 Rare
    There is occasionally some poster who is just trolling, or posting hateful comments or being rude. Or such a fan of a game, he listens to no reason and makes the game could do no wrong and everyone who doesn't like it is a troll themselves.

On facebook, there is an angry face button. On reddit, you can downvote posts.

I guess there is "LOL", but that one is a good one. It means you made someone laugh or cheered them up, so not a negative. That one is my favorite, so whenever I see a rude person, it feels weird to use it when they didn't make me laugh.

I dunno what it could be called. But on reddit, it tends to improve posts a lot. You can really see the trolls/people who post things that are disliked the most. But most of the time, if you make a good post, you get a like or vote up for it.
    We decided before launching these forums not to allow negative reactions. They are often abused and don't really add anything of value. Even the LOL reaction you note is sometimes abused this way, and we were concerned about keeping it before launching for this reason. I would disagree that reddit's system is an overall net positive; there's plenty of debate concerning its efficacy in improving discussions.

In any case, the button you're looking for is the Flag button. If someone is trolling or posting hateful comments, they are in violation of our Rules of Conduct, and the best thing to do is to report them to our moderator team so we can deal with the post. No negative reaction necessary.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• postlarvalpostlarval Member Posts: 822 Rare
    I highly recommend you remove the LOL button. It provides no value due to the fact that people use it differently and many in a negative manner. 

I've seen people comment on another person's total LOL as a way of discounting their opinion. It's worthless. 
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • ScotScot UKMember Posts: 6,365 Rare
    Already people use LOL to mean we think the post is stupid. "Downvoting" would be even worse, making our forums become more of a battleground.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy? :P