Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alien invasion movies make 0% sense and are pretty stupid

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited December 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
If an alien species is so powerful and advanced to travel entire galaxies or star systems. Something humans can't even begin to do.

If they didn't like humans for whatever reason (like they send a diplomat ship and retarded humans shoot them down, which they'd do). Or were just an aggressive species and wanted to take over earth...

they'd either bombard the planet from far away, not even by earth, humans couldn't even touch them. Or if they wanted to take earth for resources, they'd stay in space, unleash some toxin or whatever or nano bots or some kind of super advanced technology not even thought of, whatever, something that only targets humans (if they didn't want to harm other wildlife) and then colonize earth without a hint of fighting any person in actual combat. Or maybe they just don't like how stupid and aggressive humans are, the aliens might have tried sending peaceful ships that got then get captured or destroyed by the government. So they zap all the humans away as that be an act of war in that case.

They wouldn't need to even enter the planet. They'd be so advanced, that they could zap humanity pretty much without even coming near earth. Could probably even just destroy earth entirely unless they wanted it to be habitable still.

Humans would have 0% chance of actually defeating the aliens. And if by some reason alien ships entered earth, humans would still have 0% chance of winning. The aliens would have incredibly vastly better technology, to be able to travel such far distances.

No alien movie ever portrays that though. Which is pretty dumb. Its always humans winning, when they actually wouldn't. And most people are pretty dumb, but at least the first independence day movie showed those dumb people with take me and peace signs get zapped on the building. That is probably the only sorta realistic movie, because it showed how dumb people would be. Except, the aliens still lost in the movie, when really, they'd be WAY vastly more advanced than how the movie shows and have 0% chance of losing. Granted, I haven't seen the new independence day yet, so I dunno how that one goes.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    The alien species could be a parasite like in Aliens.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Cleffy said:
    The alien species could be a parasite like in Aliens.
    that is true. Parasitic aliens would have to come down and actually infect people.

Also. Aliens was an awesome movie.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Or you could keep in mind that fiction stories often don't make sense and just suspend your disbelief.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams