Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impressions from Public Test Server 3.0

13»

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    rodarin said:
    Eldurian said:
    rodarin said:
    Unless they massively overhauled the system trade packs lost you money. It was much more money not even owning land but buying off the Ah processing it and selling the raw materials.

You bought chili peppers to make chopped produce, you bought Poppies or Saffron for Spices, Ginseng for medicine, quinoa or beans for grain and cornflower for flowers. Or if something was way below 'market' value you could buy that up too. But selling those raw mats to fools who couldnt do math was much more than growing things breaking it down and driving it around yourself.
    You have to do long distance runs but those have always been profitable. Farming is dramatically less profitable even if you have unlimited land for free. Overseas runs have an inherently better payout rate and a lot less people do them so the payout is overall way better than anything that can be done in a safezone.
    No they werent. After labor and mats some of those made about 2 G per pack, some even lost money, even the ones from the PvP zone. I havent played in awhile so I cant remember the specifics but the mats could be sold for quite a bit so factoring the sale price as the price on the pack they were not profitable whatsoever. You could buy those things I said spend a few S on knives and turn those items into raw materials. 

Like I said I havent played in awhile but they 2.5 to 10G per unit. Ground grain might slip down to 2 sometimes.

They were so bad I used to make packs and just leave them on the ground. Because turning them in wasnt worth the labor costs but getting the rep making them and the small percentage of money was break even more or less.

we did the math a thousand times back and forth and unless they are twice as much as they used to be they still arent worth doing compared to hammering the AH with raw materials.

So while I cant speak for the current I can say for certain that there were maybe 4 or 5 packs that actually were worth doing as in they didnt lose you money. Factoring labor into the equation anyway.
    I had some of the best possible farm locations for a westie. I used my gazebo farms in Gweonid for larders. Then I would transport the aged packs to my other farms in the south 2 crowns peninsula. From there it was a straight shot over to Solis, which would get me 35 charcoal stabilizers per pack. When stabilizer prices were high, a single pack could bring in 80 to 90 gold. Granted there was a lot of mats and labor involved, but I had my husbandry and commerce profs maxed at 180k, so I had a substantial labor reduction for almost everything involved.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited December 2016
    rodarin said:
    Eldurian said:
    rodarin said:
    Unless they massively overhauled the system trade packs lost you money. It was much more money not even owning land but buying off the Ah processing it and selling the raw materials.

You bought chili peppers to make chopped produce, you bought Poppies or Saffron for Spices, Ginseng for medicine, quinoa or beans for grain and cornflower for flowers. Or if something was way below 'market' value you could buy that up too. But selling those raw mats to fools who couldnt do math was much more than growing things breaking it down and driving it around yourself.
    You have to do long distance runs but those have always been profitable. Farming is dramatically less profitable even if you have unlimited land for free. Overseas runs have an inherently better payout rate and a lot less people do them so the payout is overall way better than anything that can be done in a safezone.
    No they werent. After labor and mats some of those made about 2 G per pack, some even lost money, even the ones from the PvP zone. I havent played in awhile so I cant remember the specifics but the mats could be sold for quite a bit so factoring the sale price as the price on the pack they were not profitable whatsoever. You could buy those things I said spend a few S on knives and turn those items into raw materials. 

Like I said I havent played in awhile but they 2.5 to 10G per unit. Ground grain might slip down to 2 sometimes.

They were so bad I used to make packs and just leave them on the ground. Because turning them in wasnt worth the labor costs but getting the rep making them and the small percentage of money was break even more or less.

we did the math a thousand times back and forth and unless they are twice as much as they used to be they still arent worth doing compared to hammering the AH with raw materials.

So while I cant speak for the current I can say for certain that there were maybe 4 or 5 packs that actually were worth doing as in they didnt lose you money. Factoring labor into the equation anyway.
    All I know is that I've made good money from trades before 2.0 and I've made it after 2.0 as well.

I can't speak to whatever runs you calculated the profits for, but I know profitable runs are out there and always have been.

Two-Crowns -> Gweonid / Gweonid -> Two-Crowns is a solid one that has always worked.

Hellswamp -> Gweonid - Great if you take some packs out while Hellswamp and Halconya are at peace and then turn in later.

Cinderstone -> Gweonid - Another great run based on the same principle as the Hellswamp run.

Gweonid -> Villanelle 
    Gweonid -> Ynystere

Good solid runs that are easy to pull off if you know what you are doing. Gweonid -> Solis is great profits but there isn't a good place to park a Merchant ship and unload it as a Nuian.

The 2nd zone of the dwarves is the new Gweonid now though. I'm imagining most maximized profit runs for the west will revolve around it now.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited December 2016
    Got in some good testing today. Things I've confirmed today:

1. Dwarves level from 1-30 exceptionally fast. Their questline for those levels gives such a massive XP boost that you can just hop from racial quest to racial quest with a brief diversion to pick up your glider and mount, and come out at about level 30. I feel like a well organized group of multiple players could pull this off in about an hour. A bit harder on your own as some of the dwarven racial quests actually do seem to pose a bit of a challenge, at least for non-solo focused builds.

2. The Juggernaut is very good at level 30. Assuming Juggernaut form allowed me to plow through NPC resistance with ease. It has a powerful series or ranged attacks with a range of 30 and a cast time of one as well as a series of powerful melee attacks that include a charge on your first attack. The Juggernaut form does level up and gain new abilities including the final ability of a debuff immunity shield that decreases how long your Juggernaut form lasts. Not sure how well it's abilities scale with level or equipment points. If "debuff immunity" includes CCs though, then this might be a pretty powerful form for warding off attackers in PvP, and if it scales well with level and equipment then it will always be exceptional for PvE. 

3. Dwarven mount is a boar, and their pet is a "beer nymph". Put aside whatever image "nymph" conjures to your head. It looks like a dirty toddlerish female leprechaun with a giant mug of beer, and is exactly as attractive as the phrase "dirty toddlerish female leperchaun" would suggest. Didn't study it's abilities too closely but it comes off as a self-healing tank. Not a big fan of the beer nymph flavors or abilities. The boar is pretty fun. I'm actually enjoying riding my mount Baehkon around. Slightly prefer the elk mount abilities but it's not bad. It's a melee oriented mount with a stunning charge and a final ability that buffs the attack of every nearby ally.

4. Some monsters drop straight up coins now. The drops I've seen have been very small but I'm interested to see what they are like at higher levels.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I might actually do the insane thing and try this game again.  Please someone I need an intervention.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2016
    filmoret said:
    I might actually do the insane thing and try this game again.  Please someone I need an intervention.
    Cmon, you know better than to listen to the sirens of the dark side. ;)

They look good but...you know. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    filmoret said:
    Satisfy yourself by just watching a bunch of youtube videos and remember those are the best parts.  After that, it's all just repetitive grind grind grind.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Kyleran said:
    filmoret said:
    Cmon, you know better than to listen to the sirens of the dark side. ;)

They look good but...you know. ;)
    We need bro's like @Kyleran who talk us back from the edge when it counts.  Thanks man you saved me from this one.
    Are you onto something or just on something?