Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lead Quest Designer Heads to Team Hearthstone - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageLead Quest Designer Heads to Team Hearthstone - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - World of Warcraft Lead Quest Designer David Kosak has announced via his personal Twitter account that he has moved from WoW to Hearthstone. What his duties there will be remains to be seen but Kosak marks another long-time WoW team member to depart over the past year.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    Wow, another person leaves WoW...lol
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    How old is the game? People need new challenges and there is nothing wrong with moving on.

GL to him.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Nothing wrong with moving on when you leave a disaster in the making in your wake.....
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630

botrytis said:

How old is the game? People need new challenges and there is nothing wrong with moving on.

GL to him.

And it's still within the same company! If he left the company that'd be a different topic ;-)
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Wow, another person leaves WoW...lol
    Shocking news!!!! 
    Someone from a giant corporation changes jobs within the giant corporation!  The end is near!!!   WoW is dying!!!  All is lost!!!!!

:p
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Wow is not there focus , thats why so much shift..
  • toolaktoolak Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Didn't care for the story arc or quest lines since WOTLK and really haven't enjoyed WoW since the days when you could build the character that you wanted and not be pressed out of a cheese mould. Every expansion brings the game closer to being Diablo 4. Just waiting on that potion bar.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Hmm lead quest guy moves to Hearthstone.
    I sense more solo adventures incoming.

I'm fine with that - so far I found all of them to be enjoyable.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Yet WoW is still making more money than all their other games combined..

Losing a lead quest designer in a game where story and quest design is of a garbage quality is like losing..nothing. I'm not even sure if there would be a difference in quality if they'd hire an intern for that position.

That only means more solo adventures for HS. If anyone tried either ES:L or Gwent, knows why Blizzard is feeling very threathened. However competing with them on that aspect, will only show how terrible writers Blizzard has. Wasted resources if you ask me.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Ozmodan said:
    Nothing wrong with moving on when you leave a disaster in the making in your wake.....

To be fair, the questing/leveling in Legion was very good. 
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Can you imagine the heat on the guys left with making another expansion for WoW?

"Trash your artifacts, players!"
    "Oh and we gotta remove more of your abilities."
    "Here's a new island to explore where you fight against alternative timeline Varian Wrynn!"
    "Arthas is coming back and now you get to join him!"

Those poor unfortunate souls..... Maybe they'll make WoW 2.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Torval said:
    josko9 said:
    Yet WoW is still making more money than all their other games combined..

Losing a lead quest designer in a game where story and quest design is of a garbage quality is like losing..nothing. I'm not even sure if there would be a difference in quality if they'd hire an intern for that position.

That only means more solo adventures for HS. If anyone tried either ES:L or Gwent, knows why Blizzard is feeling very threathened. However competing with them on that aspect, will only show how terrible writers Blizzard has. Wasted resources if you ask me.
    Are you sure that WoW is their top money maker? I find that hard to believe with Overwatch sales and their new franchises. Does it just gross more or does it actually make more money? Do you have some sources? I would just like to find out and read the facts.
    Overwatch had great initial sales and I'm sure they sold a ton during the recent sale but assuming WoW has dropped down to 5 million players after the newness of Legion wore off, it is still raking in 75 million per month and that does not include the cash shop.  I can not imagine that Overwatch could keep up with those kinds of numbers for more than its initial month or two.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Dakeru said:

Hearthstone has solo adventures?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    waynejr2 said:
    Dakeru said:

Hearthstone has solo adventures?
    Some of the guaranteed card drops are even part of meta builds.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Hearthstone is the lamest game ever....IT could probably use some talent.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    If the class designer were to leave, everyone who has tried the new expansion would get up and applaud.