Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the oldest MMO you still play?

Comments

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Asheron's Call
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    DAOC and SWG still play both
    Is SWG hiding somewhere?
    Yes, but it's nothing a little google search can't take care of...

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I see a Might N MAgic lurker :),i loved those games,own them all,played them all.I have played those 6/7/8/9 as recent as last year.My portfolio of games is just way too massive to keep up with all those older games.

I always had a vision of what type of MMO game i would like,this even before MMO's were alive and kicking with EQ1 and Ultima and that Microsoft game.I found that vision was mildly brought to life with FFXI and funny thing was that i could have easily missed it because i was not following the Asian scene much at all.While talking to a newish friend he realized that i might like FF type games and showed me his collection and i was hooked.he said FFXI is coming soon but needed to wait for a console HD to play it,i had consoles and PC's so i could jump right in and not wait.

long story short,i still really like FFXI,at least up until what it has become of late,too bad the old school Narita and Tanaka are gone,imo Square Enix will never be the same.
    Back in the old days it was about discovering new games,new ideas,breaking and advancing technology,now it is all about making profits and asking the gamer for the money...sad times.Developers have no heart and passion in game design anymore,just lawyers,accountants and gimmicks to get your money.
    I do not believe in love at first sting,i have found new games to love all the time but in the MMO scene not many have really caught my attention,i have found it has always been a lacklustre market and likely because it is such a costly one to dive into.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CodeBluCodeBlu Member UncommonPosts: 30
    For me MU online, still have my level 563 in hellheim server. Good thing they have amobile verion of mu which is MU Origin now I can play it while I'm not in front of my PC.
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    on and off EQ(came back for the TLE servers) last played about 1 year ago.first joined 2000
    Left for a bit but always come back.currently subbed to WoW .have played since release
    EQ2 on and off since launch
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    I tried getting back into Eve online a couple of years ago but it didnt work out for me. 
    I guess my oldest game i still play is WoW but i quit it every other month..lol

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I have played Everquest on and off over the years and Everquest 2 too as recently as a few months back.

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-CU) and recently started playing WoW again but like someone else said it: I don't consider it to be old WoW. It's a whole other game these days (which is fine if you accept it). Was thinking of giving vanilla WoW a try as well.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    bcbully said:
    overwatch
    Overwatch is old? Overwatch is a MMO?
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    darkfall playing it for 6 years now and counting
    Well... kinda... its restarted and changed names so many times. Such a great game. I wish they would just settle down and stop the renaming, relaunched and dividing.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Scorchien said:
    Umm , not sure which UO you have played , but ive been playing for 19 years , and it hasnt closed down yet
    Phew! I was thinking "How on earth did I miss US shutting down?!"
    UO shutdown in 2000. It was replaced with "ULTIMATE SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME FRIEND ZONE ONLINE" in 2000. They kept the UO logo as USHFTFZO" wasn't reasonable! ;)
  • AberiusAberius Member UncommonPosts: 37
    I pop into Everquest for a couple months about every 2 years, to scratch the itch, relive the good old days, and complain about how class design in modern MMOs is awful.

Hearing a couple other people mention AC here though, that was actually my first MMO, really makes me want to check it out again.
  • sedatedkarmasedatedkarma Member UncommonPosts: 181
    LotRO, Vanilla WoW
    Happily playing Vanilla and BC WoW, again, since September 2016.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Scorchien said:
    Umm , not sure which UO you have played , but ive been playing for 19 years , and it hasnt closed down yet
    We must be hallucinating or something because I played yesterday. Huh. 

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    madazz said:
    Scorchien said:
    Phew! I was thinking "How on earth did I miss US shutting down?!"
    UO shutdown in 2000. It was replaced with "ULTIMATE SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME FRIEND ZONE ONLINE" in 2000. They kept the UO logo as USHFTFZO" wasn't reasonable! ;)
    I think you may have a head injury. You should get that checked. 

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    EQ and P99. My first MMO was EQ back in '03. The neo-oldschool MMOs can't come fast enough! ;)
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    My pathetic life.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Just got back into TERA recently.  Not super old, but not new either.  Graphics are still pretty good, and the combat system is still arguably the best in MMOs.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    WoW that I play regularly. I have Asheron's Call 1 and 2 still installed and play from time to time, although it's been a few months.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    WoW. I have also been known to log into original EQ. Not to play. Just to run around and remember. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    FFXi... not that it is any surprise to most.
    All through my 35 or so years in gaming ,i moved along,better games came along i neach genre and i changed over to those newer games.

This still holds true in every genre except the mmorpg genre,i still play FFXI because everything else looks and plays horrible.All these mmorpog's now play like single player games and NOT mmorpg's.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Still keep FFXI on desktop to visit on free log ins.

WoW I only play when some expansions are out or sub for a little while just to pvp. Probably play 2-3 months out of the year tops.

I keep Ragnarok Online on my desktop as well, but rarely rarely play it.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I still play Ryzon once in a while

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    original Guild wars, log in every christmas and halloween event,
    RF online .

• psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Original Guild Wars.  Login about once a year, usually around Halloween, and sometimes I make a new toon and reminisce.