Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the Demon Hunter and other WoW classes the best in any class based MMO?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
Ever since I've played Demon Hunter. I try other classes, go back to Demon Hunter.

I try to play GW2, not nearly the same

I try to play BDO, that is a lot better, because of the action combat, its fun. So this gets a pass.

I try to go back to older MMOs like I tried DAOC, but all the classes just were not as fun as the Demon Hunter

In fact, even before the Demon Hunter, WoW had some of the best class design I've seen. maybe not #1, or maybe other games could match it. But even the WoW druid was and still is the most unique Druid I've played in a game, just so well done.

All the classes in WoW are so well designed, so fluid, and just so much fun to play. Sure there is one or two I find boring (like the Warlock I could never get into, but I love the mage. And priest isn't my thing), but that is more personal opinion since lots of people like those two.

I have yet to see a class based MMO to have classes as fluid, as well made, as fun as any WoW class. And then comes Demon Hunters

Demon Hunters I go around and it kinda feels like action combat in a way, its incredibly fast paced. I'm gliding all over the place, double jumping. Some may call that arcadey I guess, but its just pure fun. No class in WoW compares to how much fun Demon Hunters are, and that is saying a lot because I have yet to find any class in an MMO to be as fun as WoW classes. BDO as I said I guess, but that is mostly because of the combat system, not so much the class(es) themselves.

While I like the mechanics of GW2 and many other MMOs a lot, their classes just don't compete even closely to WoW classes in how they are designed, their fluidity and mechanics.

Do you guys agree? 

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    edited November 2016

hahahah wow has the worst class list in any game  =)

Check out Dark age of Camelot if you want to see some of the BEST and unique class's in any MMO ever created

wow is generic and copied a lot from other games  =)

again check out dark age of Camelot if you want to see a AMAZING list of unique class's and races

19 Races and 47 class's   in that game its just crazy  =)

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The shape shifting Druid is the best class I've seen in any game.  The Necro in GW2 and the Ranger are the best classes I've seen in any MMO.  It depends on the game and the classes within that game.  I don't think any one MMO has all classes that are the best in any MMO.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    DAOC classes I tried and felt very boring compared to the WoW ones. Not fast paced, very slow, didn't feel fluid. Like Demon Hunter, its non-stop action, gliding all over, jumping. Or Druid is the same way. DAOC however DOES have the best pre-WoW classes, alongside EQ2 (which actually came out about same time as WoW). 

The one thing WoW is heavily missing, which EQ1+2 get HUGE kudos for. A crowd control style class like illusionist or coercer. City of Heroes had something similar too.

WoW is just dps, tank, or heal. No other roles like EQ1/2/DAOC and City of Heroes have/had. So WoW gets huge penalties for that. You can't even use crowd control in dungeons or raids in WoW, but I'm pretty sure you can in EQ2 (I know in EQ1 you could and City of Heroes you could do crowd control in instances)

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its all personal preference. You could argue that classes in B&S or Tera play better because the systems in those games are more action oriented. Class pacing in every game is subjective. FFXIV is a prime example that people on the outside looking in feel the pacing of the combat is slow, where others could play actively may feel differently. Gamers are different and like different things.
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Best classes? Sure if you like 3-4 button rotations with and a few utility skills. Legion has some of the most bland classes WoW has ever had. Oh btw stop making the same post over and over again in this forum, just make one giant post and express your wonderment there of this aging dinosaur of an MMO. 
  • monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Should have tried Vangaurd SoH when it was still live for some really nice classes. Druid in that game was very unique and fun. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    You should play Rift if you want to see good class design and flexibility.  But if you wanna say best class ever in any mmo.  I'd have to say Mesmer in GW2 as the most unique.  Rift, Archeage has best class systems I believe.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Nothing beats Anarchy Online when it comes to classes.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein