Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 Possible NA Shutdown 1/13/2016

DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
edited November 2016 in Lineage 2
News has been blowing up on the lineage2 forums of the game director leaving and the position not being refilled. On top of that all hero coin purchased for the game will expire on the above date.

Rumor? Yeah.
Possible ? yeah.
Verified? Not even close.

There are others stating that the story line will lead to the server shutdown within a year.

Personally I think if the game is still making money they won't close it but NCWest shutdown L1 and City of Heros while they were still profitable so who knows. 

Thoughts? 

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Did you mean 2017?   Or is this a necro post?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Kyleran said:
    Did you mean 2017?   Or is this a necro post?
    It's a typo. The post was made within the last hour.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I was reading the forum thread and OP means 2017.  So far it's all player talk.  Nothing official.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Sorry 2017 is what I meant. It is still all player talk I was curious if anyone had heard one way or the other.
  • BK2O1BK2O1 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Link? I don't see this anywhere on the official forums. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    DarkHigh said:

Personally I think if the game is still making money they won't close it but NCWest shutdown L1 and City of Heros while they were still profitable so who knows. 

Thoughts? 
    It's important to note that it's not about "making profit" but about making "enough profit" with a publicly traded company. I understand that players get upset about this but I highly doubt they look at their portfolios, 401k, Retirement accounts and notice that one of their stocks/funds isn't doing well but "as long as their is some profit it's good".

People want good returns on their investments. If a game company is spending x dollars but they can make more money with those x dollars in another way, they make changes.

Having said that, NC Soft has made some, in my opinion, horrible changes to Lineage 2 so I can understand why it would lose the players.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BK2O1BK2O1 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Just wanted to say that recently the game has become more enjoyable again, to the point where I see other people out leveling all the time now. Before it was just bots everywhere and now its really rare to see one at all.  The player base seems to have increased slightly, which I am apart of since I returned recently.

also still looking for that link.