Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MBTI Personality type.

wolffinwolffin Member UncommonPosts: 193
Curious how man know their MBTI personalty type. I am INFJ.  If you don't know you can take this test.  https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test/0d504962a614d369dd4b9949001917d4

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I am also an INFJ. 
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Didn't take the linked test but I know from past instances of taking this test through school that I am an ENFJ.

Both ENFJs and INFJs are supposed to be fairly rare. For instance when I took it in a class of like 30 people the instructor and I were the only ENFJs in the class and I don't think there was an INFJ.

That's odd that the first three people to post would be two INFJs and an ENFJ.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Eldurian said:
    Didn't take the linked test but I know from past instances of taking this test through school that I am an ENFJ.

Both ENFJs and INFJs are supposed to be fairly rare. For instance when I took it in a class of like 30 people the instructor and I were the only ENFJs in the class and I don't think there was an INFJ.

That's odd that the first three people to post would be two INFJs and an ENFJ.

Demographics.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    ESTJ here.
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    When I was younger I used to be an INTJ, but now I'm an INTP.  (Decisiveness is something I feel nostalgic about having.)
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited November 2016
    Pretty much where I've always been, ISTP-T.  Give me a problem that needs fixing.  I get it done after I figure out where I left my glasses.  What's that?  You'll want a post results report?  I can give that to you now.  Problem solved.  I threw some shit together.  Some of it worked.  Most of it didn't.  I'll bank both sets of knowledge for future reference.

What?  You want me to call the problem an issue?  Ok, I have an issue with that.  Stop telling me what to say.  Now let me go fix your problem. 

"I wanted to live the life, a different life. I didn't want to go to the same place every day and see the same people and do the same job. I wanted interesting challenges."

What do you mean, why did I do Star Wars VII?  Because the PAID me!

Harrison Ford,  Actor, former carpenter.

Post edited by Grunty on
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Apparently, I'm LOGICIAN (INTP-A). 

From the explanation: "The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common"."

This is me to a tee! I would hate to be considered as common. It has caused difficulties throughout my life as I've never felt part of a group properly. I'm highly intelligent but never fit in with geeks. I'm a metal-head but never got too extreme. I'm a gamer but get very snobby about games. I went to a private school but we weren't rich. Sailing was my main sport growing up, very posh, yet I could never afford my own boat. I studied computer science at uni and work in IT, yet I hate programming and dislike most new technology. 

Weirdly, the only group of people I've ever felt a lasting connection and acceptance with has been MMO gamers, particularly raiders and pvpers. 

Something else from the report:

"They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to an INTP. "

Yup, even if I agree with someone's sentiments, if they've put forward a poor argument I love picking it apart!

I enjoyed the rest of the report from the website. Its funny, on the strengths and weaknesses section it says my personality type often comes across as condescending. This is definitely something I struggle with. I've never considered myself as condescending, its more that if I have to explain something to someone I usually start from the basics and present it in a very clear a logical fashion so its easy to understand. I've received great praise over the years for my teaching ability, but I think because I go back to basics I often end up covering stuff people already know which is why I'm considered condescending. 

I suspect that if I answered the test completely randomly, the results would still be applicable so I don't really put much faith in the result. Can't really analyse someone's personality in 5 minutes of questions. 

I suspect that if I answered the test completely randomly, the results would still be applicable so I don't really put much faith in the result. Can't really analyse someone's personality in 5 minutes of questions. 
    Actually, the test theoretically needs only one question to determine between each pair of types.  But they phrase it several different ways to get better data.

E vs. I - do you enjoy spending a lot of time with other people and enjoy meeting new people, or do you find that boring, intimidating, or exhausting and instead need to spend at least a few hours alone each day to recharge? (With a close friend or trusted family member can count as 'alone'.)

S vs. N - Are you a detail person who doesn't like big changes, or are you a big picture person who loves patterns but has difficulty sticking with any one project for long?

F vs. T - Do you evaluate things more in terms of people's emotions or more in terms of efficiency, rules, or science?

J vs. P - Are you decisive and occasionally too judgmental, or contemplative and occasionally too indecisive?
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Actually, the test theoretically needs only one question to determine between each pair of types.  But they phrase it several different ways to get better data.

E vs. I - do you enjoy spending a lot of time with other people and enjoy meeting new people, or do you find that boring, intimidating, or exhausting and instead need to spend at least a few hours alone each day to recharge? (With a close friend or trusted family member can count as 'alone'.)

S vs. N - Are you a detail person who doesn't like big changes, or are you a big picture person who loves patterns but has difficulty sticking with any one project for long?

F vs. T - Do you evaluate things more in terms of people's emotions or more in terms of efficiency, rules, or science?

J vs. P - Are you decisive and occasionally too judgmental, or contemplative and occasionally too indecisive?
    Yeah, I'd say MBTI results are more accurate than palm reading, astrology charts and polygraph exams but they aren't science. 
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ImutoneImutone Member UncommonPosts: 20
    INFP. Huh. Don't know how to feel about that. 
  • GamerStudyGamerStudy Member UncommonPosts: 2
    When I was younger I used to be an INTJ, but now I'm an INTP.  (Decisiveness is something I feel nostalgic about having.)
    @sunandshadow This is because the MBTI is a notoriously unreliable test. It's one of the those things that become huge in pop science but unfortunately has never been really good at stably measuring personality, which is a stable concept. It can change from day to day but that doesn't necessarily mean that your personality changes day to day, just that the test is relatively easily influenced by situational factors (unlike one's personality).
    @sunandshadow This is because the MBTI is a notoriously unreliable test. It's one of the those things that become huge in pop science but unfortunately has never been really good at stably measuring personality, which is a stable concept. It can change from day to day but that doesn't necessarily mean that your personality changes day to day, just that the test is relatively easily influenced by situational factors (unlike one's personality).
    No, that's wrong. The test aside, I had a mental breakdown when I was in college and my personality definitely changed to be less decisive.