Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any info on the Early Access?

v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
I thought there would be a Early Access in November? Was it canceled or something? Or why isn't there any new news on it? O.o

Witty & Wicked >:)

Comments

• xdave78xdave78 Member UncommonPosts: 106
    still Q4/2016
  • ooogyooogy Member CommonPosts: 37
    edited November 2016
    lol right...  this will never launch in 2016..  they haven't evenhad any kind of public testing
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Nada yet. But we're expecting more soon.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Really excited for this one and will buy EA if it's priced right.
    I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com

• tzaxagiastzaxagias Member UncommonPosts: 10
    We just have to try it to see if its fun or if itss created correctly
    I DONT KNOW KARATE BUT I KNOW CRAZY AND IM NOT AFRAID TO USE IT

• ZarethKnyghtZarethKnyght Member CommonPosts: 4
    I actually like that they've kept so much hidden while it's been under development. Looking forward to this game.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    ooogy said:
    lol right...  this will never launch in 2016..  they haven't evenhad any kind of public testing
    Early access is public testing.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited November 2016
    is it free?  if not then its a paid beta lol
  • KeenoKeeno Member UncommonPosts: 56
    They said early access would be this fall! Its winter now! The lies are rollling in!!!
  • MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I recall this being announced as EA on Steam...still not listed on Steam as an early access game, nor is it listed as an upcoming title in early access. Personally I am doubtful this game is ready for release anytime soon. December and not much info for a release this year.
    edited December 2016
    vaporwares..

I can see the vapors surrounding me
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Snail still says 2016. We shall see the truth in that soon...
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    This game won't make Early Access in 2016. I'd be surprised if they even get it together before Q2 of 2017...
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Keeno said:
    They said early access would be this fall! Its winter now! The lies are rollling in!!!
    You know its fall till 24 dec, when winter starts...

DMKano said:
    Are people really so eager to beat on bushes to collect berries.... for hours?

You know something more lol? What game need to pick berries for hours lol, dont tell ark :)

DMKano said:
    Dragnelus said:
    DMKano said:

You know something more lol? What game need to pick berries for hours lol, dont tell ark :)
    Well I know that it's a Survival game - and collecting food to survive is a confirmed mechanic in Dark and Light - I just hope they really scale WAY BACK on the whole food and water thing - because to me that's one of the most boring aspects of survival games by far.
    I agree, but having tribe/guild members and bring higher lvl in Ark for example helps alot. Cook meat fast, glass bottle for water. 

In survival games I like to build, explore, tame etc. Im looking forward for that, and hope that pvp is balanced not that my/our hardwork will be destroyed in a minute or build a house in a main city and its kinda safe. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    DMKano said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Keeno said:

they realistically have 2 weeks - not because of official "winter" start or anything, because most game companies don't do any big project for the lat 2 weeks of the year due to holidays and everyone taking vacations.

The "festive season" in China only starts around 28th of January 2017 with the Chinese New Year. There is no such thing as Christmas holidays.

But if they're hoping to sell DnL to western players, then launching Early Access sales a week before Christmas would certainly be the target.
    DMKano said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Keeno said:

they realistically have 2 weeks - not because of official "winter" start or anything, because most game companies don't do any big project for the lat 2 weeks of the year due to holidays and everyone taking vacations.

The "festive season" in China only starts around 28th of January 2017 with the Chinese New Year. There is no such thing as Christmas holidays.

But if they're hoping to sell DnL to western players, then launching Early Access sales a week before Christmas would certainly be the target.
    Yeh thought so, btw didnt swtor launched in the christmas holidays? I can still remember playing it, when it was snowing and tried it fast before going to christmas dinner. 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Didnt someone in another thread say the 15th of this month?
    DMKano said:

yes
    festivus for the rest of us
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    ooogy said:
    vaporwares..

I can see the vapors surrounding me
    Check your shorts......

But seriously, I'm pretty sure your wrong about that but you came off as really dramatic if that was your point. That word like most these days is completely misused but its safe to say you probably wont see anything until early 2017.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Dragnelus said:
    Keeno said:
    It is only 2016 until the end of December too, the winter solstice is actually on 21 dec this year, not the 24th, that is if you go by the Winter solstice, if you base it on the northern hemisphere however 1st Dec is classed as being the beginning of Winter, for the southern hemisphere its 1st June, those crazy Australians :p

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/aboutseasons.html
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    The lack of info is concerning

Take a look at Conan Exiles. It isn't close to release, but they've shown TONS of stuff about the game and all kinds of things.

This one is...dead...empty...nothingness. Its supposed to be close to release, yet the lack of info and showcasing the game is worse than even No Man's Sky.

The more time goes on, the more I'll probably not even bother with this. If they knew their game was good (like Funcom does with Conan Exiles), they WOULD show off how amazing it is. With livestreams and all kinds of things like Funcom is doing.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    EA is Dec 15th.
    I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com