Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The PvP sounds like it's geared for gankers.

barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
With the bragged about ability to attack any player of any development level anywhere at any time, it seems there will be no restrictions on the scum that will prey on the new players. 
No thanks, I'll totally have to pass just because of that one 'feature'.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Well they do brag about said feature under the heading of "hardcore PVP" though it appears your mothership is invulnerable from attack, only your colonies are at risk.

Congrats on finding a game I'd never heard of to start a new thread on.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I like...need some hardcore pvp games...care bears ruining games way to much

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    SirBalin said:
    Except, that is only true for themeparks.

There is only ONE sorta modern (and its dead as a brick) PVE sandbox MMO and that is Saga of Ryzom

There is not a single other PVE sandbox MMO that is modern. Every other single sandbox MMO is a deathmatch PvP game.

We used to have SWG, and I guess SWG Emu counts(I'm waiting for the last wipe to play it though). And Ultima Online is probably the only other sandbox PVE MMO, but its really old and the graphics are meh...and too many botters.

So if you count even old MMOs...3 single PVE sandbox MMOs. 

If you count "new" ones, there is 1 and that is Ryzom

On the other hand, you get a HUGE selection of tons of PvP sandbox MMOs.

And I don't like themeparks so don't go tell me go play one, and vastly prefer sandbox MMOs. But no one makes a PVE sandbox MMO these days, and Ryzom is really stretching it on the "modern" side of things and is dead anyway.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    SirBalin said:

There is only ONE sorta modern (and its dead as a brick) PVE sandbox MMO and that is Saga of Ryzom

There is not a single other PVE sandbox MMO that is modern. Every other single sandbox MMO is a deathmatch PvP game.

We used to have SWG, and I guess SWG Emu counts(I'm waiting for the last wipe to play it though). And Ultima Online is probably the only other sandbox PVE MMO, but its really old and the graphics are meh...and too many botters.

And I don't like themeparks so don't go tell me go play one, and vastly prefer sandbox MMOs. But no one makes a PVE sandbox MMO these days, and Ryzom is really stretching it on the "modern" side of things and is dead anyway.
    While SWG didn't have FFA PVP, it's still more or less a PVP game in the end. At least PRe-cu was. A lot of of it's mechanics at endgame were based on PVP.  Bases, PVP professions (BH and Jedi), JTL, etc.. EVen the crafting in the end was there largely to support the fighting with gear, buffs, Meds etc...faction PVE also led to PVP. There were also mechanics that opened factional non combatants to attack, temporary enemy flag generators. While it had a neutral faction it's overall mechanic was being able to fight for either side by joining a group. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    SirBalin said:

Hmm, I'd have to challenge that there's a huge selection of released sandbox MMOs, much less one's for PVP.

Now if you are including upcoming indie titles the numbers go up, but still question "many."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Off the top of my head I can think of EvE and Darkfall as the PvP sandboxes. The PvE ones are Tale in the Desert and .....