Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isometric Style top view MMOs that have open world of some kind rather than instanced only

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
Isometric Style top view MMOs that have open world of some kind rather than instanced only like D3/PoE.

does such a MMO exist? 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ummmmmmmmmmmmm    UO

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Scorchien said:
    ummmmmmmmmmmmm    UO

I meant more modern with better visuals than UO

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited November 2016
    Lineage Eternal, Lost Ark and MU Legend will have both open world and instances.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Tree of Savior.  It's not true isometric, as there is a clear camera point and the underlying graphics methods are 3D, but the camera is far enough away that a lot of people would call it isometric.

There are instanced dungeons, but most of the game world is shared with whichever other random players happen to be around.  There are zones and there are loading screens, so if you're insistent on a seamless world, this isn't it.  But the zones are pretty big and there are literally hundreds of them, making it possibly the largest MMORPG game world that doesn't consist mostly of large areas of empty space.

And it just launched this year.  It's not going to wow you as the best looking MMORPG of 2016 (that would be Black Desert), but it is decent quality modern graphics and miles ahead of UO.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Quizzical said:
    Tree of Savior.  It's not true isometric, as there is a clear camera point and the underlying graphics methods are 3D, but the camera is far enough away that a lot of people would call it isometric.

There are instanced dungeons, but most of the game world is shared with whichever other random players happen to be around.  There are zones and there are loading screens, so if you're insistent on a seamless world, this isn't it.  But the zones are pretty big and there are literally hundreds of them, making it possibly the largest MMORPG game world that doesn't consist mostly of large areas of empty space.

And it just launched this year.  It's not going to wow you as the best looking MMORPG of 2016 (that would be Black Desert), but it is decent quality modern graphics and miles ahead of UO.
    def looks fun. would be cool if we have some new aged MMOs that take the visuals of that a step forward with character customization. 

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    DMKano said:
    Also ELOA and Devilian both have open worlds shared by 1000s of players as well as instanced dungeons.

I was about to say Devilian as well.  If I didn't have so many other games I'm trying to play atm I would be playing Devilian.  

OP, Devilian is definitely the game you are looking for according to your requirements imo.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Quizzical said:

def looks fun. would be cool if we have some new aged MMOs that take the visuals of that a step forward with character customization. 
    Tree of Savior really isn't one for customizing your looks.  There is a little bit of customization, but not much.  It has an enormous amount of customizing your functionality through class, skill, and gear choices, though.
  • BarbieBoyBarbieBoy Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Most mobile games are isometric like MU Origin and only few are really full 3D. But for PC I'll have to go with Eloa, Tree of Savior, Devilian and MU Legend.