Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting - All the Best Gear is Player-Made - Crowfall News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrafting - All the Best Gear is Player-Made - Crowfall News

Crafting in Crowfall is going to bring a new level of importance to those who love crafting. As the title of today's video interview / podcast says,

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    This game sure has a lot of talk. Been purposely ignoring it though as getting too hyped these days is dangerous.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Love it.
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    meh i just ignore the game completely i dont think it will come out till 2018 or 2019 with the all the pre alphas and alphas and betas still to come. I am sure they are working hard but they are also going to milk every penny out of pre release than milk harder during release sigh. Just how games are now. Sadly most games arnt worth trying till at least 3-6 months after release when bugs and population even out. Than hopefully the companies have a handle on the gold sellers.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Trump--"I make all the best gear"  LOL
  • Reaperman69Reaperman69 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    this game advertises too much. All the news i care about is the release date. i think maplestory has a lot more content than this game and its only a side-scrolling game lol.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I will definitely be checking this out when it releases in 5 years.
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    I've never heard a game in development make such a claim...

• SteelchampionSteelchampion Member CommonPosts: 1
    Sounds good to me! Allows for a variation of play-styles instead of sticking to the same thing day in, day out.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    "Going to"
    "Going to"
    "Going to"
    "Going to"
    "Going to"

(sung to the tune of "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas")

It's beginning to look a lot like vaporware
    Everywhere you see
    Take a look in the online store
    Delivering nothing once again
    But overpriced pledges and ugly virtual goods

Ads on every site
    But the likeliest sight to see
    Are the charges that will be on your maxed out credit card

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    "Going to"
    "Going to"
    "Going to"
    "Going to"
    "Going to"

Everywhere you see

Ads on every site

This is the Star Citizen forums?
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    The only question I have for this game right now is can you get the client to run at more than 20fps with more than 3 people on the screen at a time. So far, from what I've seen, that answer is still no. Until that changes, I don't much care about anything else. People love to compare this game to CU, but right now I think CU was the smarter kid in class opting to make their own engine specifically designed for the game they wanted. I'm not spending a dime on either game until I see a retail product that somewhat resembles what was promised. I've had enough of crowdfunding and pre-order scams. You can have my money when you have a playable game to sell me and not a second before that.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Not going to lie,the idea is a really good one,i believe player made gear is where it should come from,however that is more a kin to the fact the game has very little content outside of "the players".
    The more important issue is the WHY?What purpose does this have,to gain an advantage on your pvp foes,so a complete unbalanced game?
    IMO you can NOT have pvp with ANY unbalanced ideas,gear is one of those ideas.I always despised power-ups in pvp games as well.I prefer vanilla,player wits versus player wits and maps that allow for very skillful game play.

I watched a fair bit of Overwatch,i have no idea how anyone can get into those maps,they are horrible maps for pvp,so idk what the heck people are supporting anymore,i think popularity more so than quality.I have not seen one single sign that these guys can make a quality pvp map,not one,if so show it to me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443

Aori said:

donger56 said:

The only question I have for this game right now is can you get the client to run at more than 20fps with more than 3 people on the screen at a time. So far, from what I've seen, that answer is still no. Until that changes, I don't much care about anything else. People love to compare this game to CU, but right now I think CU was the smarter kid in class opting to make their own engine specifically designed for the game they wanted. I'm not spending a dime on either game until I see a retail product that somewhat resembles what was promised. I've had enough of crowdfunding and pre-order scams. You can have my money when you have a playable game to sell me and not a second before that.

It is pre-alpha, honestly it runs vastly better than it did when it started. So it has improved.. just they sure are going slow with everything.

Ok, but terms like alpha and beta are totally meaningless these days. I try to at least put games into the category of pre-release and post-release, but with games like Crowfall trying to do this whole "soft launch" nonsense, even that line is blurred now too. This game looked to be making some quick progress last year, but now that they are going from those mini testing games into a large persistent world, things seems to have slowed way down. All I can say is that it certainly doesn't look finished enough for me to spend any money on it yet. I love the concept of the game, but I'm not sure they can deliver what they promised.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited November 2016
    heard that too often before.
    let's see how many of their statements will survive balancing and marketing :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    according to their Q&A they do not have pve raiding, and it seems its mostly a throne war simulator.

So one they have the core down for their game, they do not have to worry about filler like other themepark mmos that do a lot narrative VO, and quests.

So I think they can make their game, and its not vaporware. They arent promising every kind of game in one, they are making a niche game with a specific set of systems that make sense for their throne war simulator.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• Elysion28Elysion28 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    As long the dev not put labor system or economy system that can be destroyed by "Zergling Bot Player" like Archeage, the high-end equip that can be get by own crafting will be good.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Everything should be player made.  But that's just my opinion.  I think raiding should be for crafting materials or base items for crafting.

Additionally, I don't think gear should last forever.  The only way to keep the economy flowing is for people to need to replace their stuff periodically.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    flizzer said:
    "Going to"
    "Going to"
    "Going to"
    "Going to"
    "Going to"

Everywhere you see

Ads on every site

This is the Star Citizen forums?
    SC and Crowfall take lessons from each other in how to easily dupe the easily duped.