First

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 7,196
Nothing  quite like  the smell of an untouched forum...

Lets see what happens here on the 31st

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,343
    Let me be the first to officially predict a shallow game that will attempt to pound every nickle and dime from your wallet.

• AeliousAelious OregonMember RarePosts: 3,473
    Dullahan said:
    Let me be the first to officially predict a shallow game that will attempt to pound every nickle and dime from your wallet.

Would seem pretty hard to do considering it's B2P with no cash shop from what I understand. Could you elaborate on what you mean? I have yet to buy it.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,443
    Dullahan said:
    This is the Hero's Song, not the Pantheon forum. I think you meant to post that there. Isn't that the game that charges a fee or subscription for access to the forums?
    Notice: The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Album: Plastic Fantastic
    Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,443
    Nothing  quite like  the smell of an untouched forum...

Lets see what happens here on the 31st
    I won't lie. I was really hoping for access this weekend, but it's just a few days longer.  Post back here with what class/skill sets (however it's going to work) you go with and all that jazz.

I'm going to be looking for something support/heals. I like buffs, debuffs, healing, and crowd control. I don't mind damage dealing or even tank/mit but I prefer support/CC.
    Notice: The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Album: Plastic Fantastic
    Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 7,196
    Yeah I'm actually off until Monday so a launch today would have been perfect for me.    Oh well..

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,343
    edited October 2016
    Torval said:
    Dullahan said:
    This is the Hero's Song, not the Pantheon forum. I think you meant to post that there. Isn't that the game that charges a fee or subscription for access to the forums?
    Nope. Anyone can read pantheon forums, but you do have to buy the game to post. Kind of like you have to buy Hero's song get early access, but they don't even have a forum.

Sorry, as much as I loved EQ and applaud Smed for putting the project together, I saw what he did to the IP and his stated philosophy on payment models and micro-transactions.

Will believe this game will be 100% b2p when I see it.
    Post edited by Dullahan on

• AethaerynAethaeryn Woodstock, ONMember UncommonPosts: 2,551
    I pretty much am now waiting to see ANY game before I believe it.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• KumaponKumapon Member UncommonPosts: 966
    edited October 2016
    So this game has friendly fire and perma- death.

I can just see myself accidentally shooting some arrows at my friends and killing them, and I go whoops.... :p
    Post edited by Kumapon on
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYMember RarePosts: 2,165
    edited October 2016
    So, can you get a house and decorate like skyrim/fallout 4? Or is this just killing a bunch of stuff like diablo, but with more players on a server? Outside of a bunch of players on a server, what is different here that I can't get in diablo/path to exile?

Cause I already play diablo 3 and path to exile. I don't like multiplayer action games, I find people get way too much in the way, plus community in action games (like diablo) tend to suck. PoE is sorta multiplayer I guess, but I always play it by myself.
    Post edited by TheScavenger on

My adult gaming and mods website (various games, adult mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 

http://nsfwgaming.wixsite.com/adultgamingandmods

And my Youtube channel (for nature/relaxation/meditation videos)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Bogor, West JavaMember RarePosts: 851
    So, can you get a house and decorate like skyrim/fallout 4? Or is this just killing a bunch of stuff like diablo, but with more players on a server? Outside of a bunch of players on a server, what is different here that I can't get in diablo/path to exile?
    You can set your own server with your own ruleset, that is AFAIK.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • KumaponKumapon Member UncommonPosts: 966
    edited October 2016
    You can have up to 200 players on a sever, and you can host your own server. It's more of a mmo lite old school ultima. You can check out for info from smeds twitch stream .

https://www.twitch.tv/j_smedley/v/91001530

Post edited by Kumapon on
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Dullahan said:
    Kind of like you have to buy Hero's song get early access, but they don't even have a forum.

They do now http://forums.pixelmagegames.com/
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 7,600

If I can set a rule to turn off perma-death I would play.