Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Trailer Welcomes Players to the Game

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited October 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Trailer Welcomes Players to the Game

WildStar News - Carbine has released another brand new "first look" video for WildStar that shows off factions, provides a peek at combat, housing, questing and world story, dungeons, raids, PvP and adventures. All this comes packed with Carbine's signature humor so be sure to check it out!

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    K
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I like Wildstar, but the way the game is connected into Life Support due the high lack of players; steam brought a peak but it felt down again... I hope they can bounce back from that.
  • prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

MaxBacon said:

I like Wildstar, but the way the game is connected into Life Support due the high lack of players; steam brought a peak but it felt down again... I hope they can bounce back from that.

Nah this is just the last bit of Money grabbing before it sunsets, im pretty sure that commercial cost next to nothing.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Yeah sadly I think Wildstar has had several chances and its just not going to bounce back. While a interesting game that  I have several high level characters on.. I just don't get that feeling to log in and play like I do with other MMO's. 
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    edited October 2016
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    I'd have to agree with it not being able to bounce back, and that's coming from someone who genuinely likes WildStar (the humor, aethetics, housing, combat, etc.). You only get one shot at a launch (FFXIV being the exception to that rule).
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    DMKano said:

The number games that are able to "bounce back" is so small that it could be considered an anomaly.

So for all practical purposes there is no bouncing back in MMO industry.

Maybe Wildstar is one of those games that is able to gain tration again, but I have serious doubts.
    Yeah it seems unlikely after the layoffs.

It is unfortunate because it is not a bad game, but went through some weird path, from the time it released to the path it took afterwards.

It's one of those games that it's not the game is bad and players left it, the players here actually like and wanted to play yet the dev-side didn't live up to it. =/
  • ScyferXScyferX Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Wildstar's population seems to be growing atm. I just joiined a guild called Guild for Noobs on the Dominion side, and we have around 360 members, mostly new players, and we just started on the 4th. Im having a blast, WS has vastly improved since launch. Look me up in game : Scyfer Ex
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Nyctelios said:

ScyferX said:

Wildstar's population seems to be growing atm. I just joiined a guild called Guild for Noobs on the Dominion side, and we have around 360 members, mostly new players, and we just started on the 4th. Im having a blast, WS has vastly improved since launch. Look me up in game : Scyfer Ex

Yeah, growing in bots on pvp arenas.

Whoever shows proof first about the population wins!

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    edited October 2016
    Because someone looked at Wildstar and said, "You know what this game really needs?  A better trailer."

I don't see anything wrong with games that have tons of resources to throw at the game using some of those resources to make a new trailer.  WoW is so immensely successful that if they don't make a new trailer at least every expansion, that's probably a mistake.  But when you're cutting back and laying people off, spending scarce resources on a new trailer doesn't strike me as the best idea.
  • KrightonKrighton Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Really WAS the best MMO on the market until Carbine mentally (skill wise) checked out and abandoned PvP. 80% of the population last year had exploited or gained top tier ranking / gear with bugs that were left unchecked and nothing was done to even the score. Couple all that with completely ignoring the main half of the playerbase that matters (PvP Players since the combat is MADE for it) and you get this deceased empty carcass of a game.

Truly sad. Will other companies learn? nope, they'll make another MMO and it'll die before launch during their open beta.

RIP Gaming.
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167

Quizzical said:

Because someone looked at Wildstar and said, "You know what this game really needs?  A better trailer."

I don't see anything wrong with games that have tons of resources to throw at the game using some of those resources to make a new trailer.  WoW is so immensely successful that if they don't make a new trailer at least every expansion, that's probably a mistake.  But when you're cutting back and laying people off, spending scarce resources on a new trailer doesn't strike me as the best idea.

This is not a new trailer, it's just a different edit from their original trailer.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I telegraphed this image. You knew it was coming.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    IMO a second chance has no chance because the game is already embedded in it's design.To actually make a noticeable change would mean you have to near redo the entire game and that is a cost developers cannot afford.

FFXIV the one exception,still was not good enough for me,yes good enough as far as standards go,way better than most games out there but not good enough for my expectations.That is because they cut corners and made change that made the game worse or not as good as FFXI ,so why would i pay more to support a better looking weak effort.In case of WS it is a worse looking weak effort,so it really strikes out badly.

The main criteria i look for is plausible realism,i absolutely cannot stand yellow markers over npc heads nor can i stand FAKE ideas like red carpets.I should see NOTHING in the air above npc heads,i should NOT see some color hue around the npc,i should not see any telegraph nonsense EVER.That is just a start to pet peeves that turn me right off.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Krighton said:

Really WAS the best MMO on the market until Carbine mentally (skill wise) checked out and abandoned PvP. 80% of the population last year had exploited or gained top tier ranking / gear with bugs that were left unchecked and nothing was done to even the score. Couple all that with completely ignoring the main half of the playerbase that matters (PvP Players since the combat is MADE for it) and you get this deceased empty carcass of a game.

Truly sad. Will other companies learn? nope, they'll make another MMO and it'll die before launch during their open beta.

RIP Gaming.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The biggest thing Carbine has is the amount of exploiting that is / was going on. Glitches in raids and dungeons where you could stand on a rock and the boss could not attack you back. Bots + exploits ruining the pvp. They just chould never get the problems fixed and instead ignored them. If any of that has changed between then and now I can't tell you. But it was bad back in the day.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Quizzical said:

This is not a new trailer, it's just a different edit from their original trailer.

So basically, you're saying that the entire premise of this news item is wrong?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Quizzical said:

Quizzical said:

So basically, you're saying that the entire premise of this news item is wrong?
    Unfortunately, editing something can be considered new in the business world.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    ok all you people saying its dead- ok i get it. but man there are worse awful mmos out there that its mind boggling how they are still around....
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    on paper wildstar looks fun ....but the game as a whole :/
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206

People know what the game has to offer,that's why they left.....

Even players like me,who genuinely like the game,have given up.

It's like one f up over the other,unstoppable.

The last straw was that 3 factor authentication in order to log in,they made mandatory.

Talk about beating a dead horse.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    New players in Wildstar? That's hilarious.
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    I'm pretty sure that's the exact same voiceover for the previous one.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    edited October 2016
    This is a re-editing trailer, so stop with the "spending resources" non-sense !

Anyway, Wildstar is doing very bad ( for NcSoft ) and the only reason Wildstar it's still up it's because of MxM . There are Wildstar heroes in MxM so , shutting down Wildstar it's not good for PR ( and they learned that with CoH it seems ) . I mean one cannot say "Hey , come play Chua in MxM , our awesome new hero from Wildstar ...oh yeah , our game which we just shut down" .

So , it seems Wildstar is here to stay for a bit longer then most say. It will however be with minimal support from NcSoft, just to .. "breath" , with some average, here and there updates which it's waaay better then to be closed down.

It will however 100% be shutdown if MxM fails , so .. pray for it to be OK :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's a good game. Go play it. Only thing stopping the game from being more successful is people not playing it. People who aren't playing it even say it's a good game. So, why not play it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2016
    Akulas said:
    People who aren't playing it even say it's a good game. So, why not play it.
    Because they didnt play it so they dont know. Otherwise they would be playing. The cons out weight the pros IMO.

Aiming is a lot better now that you dont have to hold the right click down 24/7 and get carpal tunnel, but the rest of the problems i found are still there. Bad combat design, bad class design, boring questing.