Trion and their new ways

2»

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,665
    DMKano said:
    "You can play as much as you want for free on the rotated champions"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is any rotation.  That's basically the reason for contention- MOBAs generally do a rotation so even if you want to play for free or just buy a few heroes, you get some variety.

As for the game, it's OK.  I like that they're trying something different.  Not worth a buy imo, and without the rotation, not worth playing as a free player.
    They do rotate the "free mode" champions weekly - but other limitations (no ranked/ladder play, no ability to do any microtransactions etc...) are all enforced for free players.

Oh they do?  Well that's not too bad, then.  Might play it a bit more knowing that.

Still not going to pay $30 for it, though.  Maybe $10 or $20 if I get really into it.

Yeah I got it for $5 back in Alpha (all alpha players that paid $5 got grandfathered into the full game - aka $30 pack).

Before launch it was $20 for pre-release - so I bet you it will be on sale again at some point.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 5,703
    Sounds like they know people go for F2P games so they put it in that category because they thought it was close enough.  Usually other players spell it out when going over the reviews and forum discussions to make sure you know what you're getting.  

"Change is the only constant."

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHMember RarePosts: 5,897
    DMKano said:
    Atlas Reactor is buy to play - it is NOT free to play.

There is a free trial with following limitations:

- no ability to use the cash shop

From this day forth we shall call this new and innovating business model "Pay To Pay". 

• NildenNilden Canada, NBMember RarePosts: 2,159
    I bet this will end up like Infinite Crisis and Dawngate.

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• xpowderxxpowderx Radcliff, KYMember UncommonPosts: 2,078
    I love Grimdawn :-P
  • stalker989stalker989 TexasMember UncommonPosts: 34
    *cough* F Trion *cough*

• marksteelemarksteele Newtonville, ONMember UncommonPosts: 51
    For the record, the reason they don't put it under demos in steam is because steam doesn't let demo players play with people who have the full version