Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game do you really enjoy more. Paladins or Overwatch?

BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
edited September 2016 in General Gaming
After putting in a lot of hours on both I am leaning towards Paladins.

Comments

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    OW is way way way way better, and no free kiddies around, that makes it better period.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Voted Overwatch although I haven't played Paladins since closed beta.  Impressions of Paladins were really bad at that time, although it may have changed.

I have no motivation to download Paladins to try it since I already have so much fun in Overwatch.

I am curious, though, for the people that prefer Paladins- what is it about the game that you prefer?
    Its free is all, the rest is well, won t comment.
  • gxizhegxizhe Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Overwatch, Paladins feels like a mess that doesn't know what it's doing, doesn't have its own identity.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Soki123 said:
    OW is way way way way better, and no free kiddies around, that makes it better period.
    you obviously haven't played overwatch on ps4. it's full of children.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited September 2016
    Paladins  <3

Paladins - Ying
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited September 2016
    Well Paladins has Aimbots already, and its fun but the cheaters make me have to play over-watch because blizzard actually bans the cheaters, as where paladins is sign up for free to cheat.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited October 2016
    Renoaku said:
    Well Paladins has Aimbots already, and its fun but the cheaters make me have to play over-watch because blizzard actually bans the cheaters, as where paladins is sign up for free to cheat.
    This is a good point. I actually enjoy both games, but I have Paladins on PC and OW on my PS4. Probably wind up playing more OW because of the comfort of playing in the recliner.

Seems like console is less likely to have cheaters as well.

Soki123 said:
    you obviously haven't played overwatch on ps4. it's full of children.

Ya I have, it s still better all around.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Where's my poll option for "I have no interest in either of them"?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Paladins because you can mess around with different builds and its f2p.  Right now OW is better but Paladins has 100x more potential.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • RLWDRLWD Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Paladins doesn't even come close in terms of polish and overall game mechanics, it's like playing a game (overwatch) vs playing a shitty and cheap rip off.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Paladins b/c I'm tired of playing Overwatch :P
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    I have no intention of downloading paladins,  though enjoyed Overwatch a lot during release and every so often now.   When I want to play a MOBA like I'm playing Fractured Space at the moment.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

Ask that question in a year and you will see different results.  Paladin's isn't even in a launched state right now.

@anemo  that game Fractured Space looks pretty cool and its f2p
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited October 2016
    filmoret said:
    Ask that question in a year and you will see different results.  Paladin's isn't even in a launched state right now.

Yeah... Blizzard won't do anything while Hi-Rez continue to develope Paladins right?
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I went with OW.

OW: Better community, yes there are bad apples, but they are not nearly as rampant as Palidins. Game play feels smoother, and more polished, palidins isn't bad by any stretch, but OW just feels better. Players skill, in a team based game this is important and having random 'Yay I got a gun pewpew' types running around the map willy-nilly does not make for fun game play when it happens every other match. Lastly, bloody hacks already. There are great player in Palidins and they deserve respect, but there are plenty of cheats already as well. This needs to be sorted out fast.

Over all, OW is the better game (imo, ofc) however, like a few people have said in this thread, I am sort of done with Lobby Shooters for the time being and I have been playing a lot of Planetside as they have added in base construction. On a side note, I guess I am weird in that I seem like one of the few if not the only one that thinks TF2 is trash. Not being a troll here but whatever it is, I truly dislike that game. 

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

edited October 2016
    filmoret said:

OW is Blizzards new baby, they re not going to let a half baked wannabe surpass it.
  • SpellshaperSpellshaper Member UncommonPosts: 419
    I have both games but now I play rarely either of them. I have left OW a few weeks after launch, but if I want to go back to this type of game, I prefer Paladins.

OW is more polished, but Paladins are just more fun.

Its probably because matches are shorter, both sides have the same objectives (at least mode I play) and also it seems skills are a bit less impactful in Paladins, so it feels more like a shooter.

Nepheth said:
    filmoret said:

Yeah... Blizzard won't do anything while Hi-Rez continue to develope Paladins right?
    The only thing I expect Blizzard to do is add more champions and maybe a different map.  Meanwhile Paladins will add champions and different builds for those champions.  When you think about it you realize that blizzard really isn't going to add anything to this game while Paladins will actually add something worth having.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    filmoret said:
    Nepheth said:
    filmoret said:

The only thing I expect Blizzard to do is add more champions and maybe a different map.  Meanwhile Paladins will add champions and different builds for those champions.  When you think about it you realize that blizzard really isn't going to add anything to this game while Paladins will actually add something worth having.
    What?
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    filmoret said:
    Nepheth said:
    filmoret said:

Dude... Do you actually read what you write?
    Nepheth said:
    filmoret said:
    Nepheth said:
    filmoret said:

Dude... Do you actually read what you write?
    I will simplify it for you.  Blizzard will add champions,  Paladins will add champions and different ways to build those champions.  The difference here is one has the option for players to use different builds while the other just gives you a champion to play.  Now if Paladins decides to get rid of the building process then they will be no different then OW.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다