Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Games' Crucible is a Last Man Standing with a Twist - General News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageAmazon Games' Crucible is a Last Man Standing with a Twist - General News

During Twitch's Amazon Game Studios' Unboxing event, the third game we saw unveiled was Crucible. Crucible is a battle to the last survivor on a hostile alien world. Players choose and customize heroes, making alliances and betraying allies on their path to victory. An additional player heightens the drama by triggering events, live-streaming the battles, and interacting with viewers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JoeforanJoeforan Member UncommonPosts: 1
    So... a hunger games (sans children killing children) derivative complete with a Gamesmaker role.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2016
    Seems ok but still not sure. It would be kind of interesting if there were mechanics like the game Party Hard, where maybe viewers can call in hordes of mobs or a super boss etc. Even offer certain players incentives to betray their teams etc.
  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    I've been waiting for this thread but I thought of "the culling" right away.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    It screams "Hunger Games" at me !

But that said, this could be a massive success IF the "GamesMaster" role is taken by a really talented persona. It could be superstar territory if they get it right, but dullsville if they get it wrong.

Of all the Amazon reveals, I suspect this one has the greatest chance of success. It seems to bring survival and esports to a potentially new level.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    They are definitely focused on Twitch so everything is going to be to make it more watchable. Not the goals I'm looking for in a game but I can understand its appeal.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Seems pretty cool. All 3 games seem pretty interesting to me and I look forward to trying them all out.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Heard from a Bogotter twitch stream that the ex-Arenanet guys are working on Crucible and not New World. Jon Peters is one of the guys showing up at the stream and giving that info.