Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

~50% think Horizons is a 'serious contender'

"From what I saw during this demonstration and the time I've spent exploring the world since then, Horizons looks to be heading in a fantastic direction. The game possesses fluid graphics that can easily compete with any other game to date, a large selection of character creation and advancement options, intricate crafting and combat systems, an array of player housing choices, and a huge world to explore (100 km x 100 km!). Because of all these things, Horizons will definitely prove to be a serious contender in the world of MMORPGs." from http://www.gamebanshee.com/previews/horizons1.php

I had a poll before here but I don't think people understood what I was asking.  I will refine it andf try again.

Hoodwink - Half Elf Ranger

~50% think Horizons is a "Serious Contender" based on  30 MMORPG.COM vote.

Hoodwink

Comments

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

ive been looking forward to it as well, playing as a dragon is so kool! but ill be playing wow by the time this comes out so... it still looks kool though.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• teratyateratya Member UncommonPosts: 347
    I dont get what people see in WoW. I mean if you love the Warcraft series I can understand that but too me, and I was not a player of warcraft, the graphics look too unrealistic, cartoonish at best. Dont get me wrong some of the architecture that I have seen is amazing, if you like that type of look, but I just cant see myself playing WoW over Horizons or even EQII.

Shots out!

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by teratya
    I dont get what people see in WoW. I mean if you love the Warcraft series I can understand that but too me, and I was not a player of warcraft, the graphics look too unrealistic, cartoonish at best. Dont get me wrong some of the architecture that I have seen is amazing, if you like that type of look, but I just cant see myself playing WoW over Horizons or even EQII.

Shots out!

I don't understand either how WoW is so popular. And for horizons, i guess im the only one that wants to play the role of a person, not an animal. The dragon idea sounded cool at first, but then image a whole bunch of dragons walking around the city talking to other people, and what armour do they wear?

I'm rooting for EQ II, hands down image - Murtbijani

Homer-"let the bears pay the bear tax, but i pay the Homer tax."
    Lisa-"Dad, that's the homeOWNERS tax!"
    Homer-"Whatever I'll be at Moes."

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855

Hi all,

well, for me horizons looks great but i truly am looking for a game that has all of UO's game play in a 3d <i mean a good 3d> enviroment. most of all a game that is no way even close friends with EA. EA kills good games. lolimage

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

Originally posted by teratya
    I dont get what people see in WoW. I mean if you love the Warcraft series I can understand that but too me, and I was not a player of warcraft, the graphics look too unrealistic, cartoonish at best. Dont get me wrong some of the architecture that I have seen is amazing, if you like that type of look, but I just cant see myself playing WoW over Horizons or even EQII.Shots out!

ive never been a fan of the wc series myself, but i still cant stand this infinite wait for wow.the thing im most excited about are the arenas, but theres just something about it... its.... curvy..... well thats the only word i can think of that describes it. its curvy like a comfortable pillow. easy to get into, hard to get out of.u know wut i mean? like a korean game just has a certain feel to it, this game has like... a modified version of the korean feeling. this made absolutely no sense to any1 except me... i can tell the future :::^b::

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• RyntisRyntis Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by lyonman24
    Hi all,
        well, for me horizons looks great but i truly am looking for a game that has all of UO's game play in a 3d <i mean a good 3d> enviroment. most of all a game that is no way even close friends with EA. EA kills good games. lol

play SWG lol its almost exactly UO with a futuristic story and team pvp

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

I really don't know until ive played it

you say "the reviews look great"

well so did the ones for SB, and now look at that piece of crapimage

so we really have to wait and seeimage

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

Well you never know if a game if right until you test it a while having said this Horizons looks and reads like a game I would like and WoW like an cartoony hoping gait feast.

But I mite end up playing WoW if everthing aside the graphics and the hoping animations are well done. At this time it is all speculations to me.

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

• PhloxPhlox Member Posts: 1
    Yes Horizons looks good but i think you should be warned that it is run by the same people that run Myth of Soma, and anyone that is or has played this game will know that you get very little customer support and people are leaving for other games.  I can only think that the same will happen on Horizons so please be wary and look further afield.

• ReebdoogReebdoog Member Posts: 56

I'm playing Horizons and I'm still not sold on it. It has a lot of potential...but it really doesn't fit my gaming style. The chat interface and social interaction in general is quite lacking...

We'll see if they can improve it before release.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

*cough*

It's in beta still.  *cough*

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855
    image im playing swg but really not the same to me i feel i wasted 50 bucks. maybe its that im more or a fantsy rper than anything else and i may against all that is unnatural and painful play uox when its out cause no other game out there that on your downtime can mine for ore <god i like doing that> its fun. since no other company is attempting to make a game like uo in a real 3d format. i love uo because im a casual player so its eayer for me to get some fun out of it.

*cough* Hence my statement about improving before release and my lack of dogmatic judgment *cough*::{^)::

I very much doubt my extremely general post broke anything in the NDA.

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335
    Horizons was vaporware for so long that I have serious concerns about its viability.  I expect it to either be very, very good, or extremely bad.  Time will tell.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I must say as someone looking forward to horizons i am very dissapointed by what I hear of it.

The posts I have seen from people claiming to be in beta have all been negative but for 1 or 2.

I am not in beta so personally have no idea what is what.

It might just be a few people unhappy posting while the majority are too busy having fun to post about it.

What I suggest to beta testers is to post on the horizons beta forum and say whats wrong with the game .

If you know the history of horizons you will know all the troubles it has had and how passionate the developers are about the game.

So I am sure they would respond to suggestions.

Unlike AC2  which has microsoft money behind it or SWG that has SoE money behind it,horizons has struggled for backing for ages hence the very late release  of it.

So the developers will do their best to put the game in good shape  before release and the beta testers need to help out.

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

Originally posted by hercules

I must say as someone looking forward to horizons i am very dissapointed by what I hear of it.
    The posts I have seen from people claiming to be in beta have all been negative but for 1 or 2.

ya hercules I am having the same exp its sorta depressing slowly. I have been ages offline now all possible contenders far down the road.

On the over hand I seem to like a lot of stuff other don't. Actualy I don't need much just an fun allowing enviroment and some pals. So I got 4+ pals joining me in horizons now AE only need to supply sound enviroment.

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

• nalanala Member Posts: 173

I voted yes....everything that I have read is wonderful. I very much so enjoy what I have seen of the game. I also really enjoy the communities that has started to form online...I think that Horizons is definately a SERIOUS contender. The ideas that they have brought to the table ARE innovative and it will bring in the gamers!

• SilveradoSilverado Member Posts: 41

I voted yes just because I really don't want to look over my shoulder. When I was doing D&D back in my teens, I never had to look over my shoulder. The DM was always good at making sure that it was always players versus environment! Its you and me against the world! So, I am totally not into getting jacked or mugged -- I have been to Detroit and DC and know for sure that I am looking into being part of an escapist thing.

• flootieflootie Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by lyonman24

Hi all,
        well, for me horizons looks great but i truly am looking for a game that has all of UO's game play in a 3d <i mean a good 3d> enviroment. most of all a game that is no way even close friends with EA. EA kills good games. lolimage

Have you checked out UXO???? Same team...extension upon the Ultima single player games....uses Unreal Engine

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312
    UXO is nothing like the Ultimas, think a totally different game perspective like the chain system in Summoner or something. Someone let me know when the NDA is off of Horizons because I really need to vent.

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    UXO looks really neat and like it will be alot of fun but it doesnt sound like it will be anything like Ultima Online as far as gameplay elements.  UXO wont have any crafting, housing, or any of that stuff.  Its going to be a action game and fits in its own niche.

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467

Ouch Z.....you kinda have me curious about your inside views on Horizons.

Damned Non-Disclosure Agreement!!!!

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

• RaikeRaike Member Posts: 20

Umm I don't like the way you sounded in your post Z, please tell me you mean vent in a good way , cuase i just laid down a pre-order on horizons :( It looked like it would be the game to hold me over till EQ2, and or WOW.  Now yours is about the 3rd or 4th post I have seen that mentions their might be some problems...eek. Hopefully if there is problems their are ones they can fix before launch, pls tell me they are ;) I don't want to waste more money on a bad mmorpg *cough* starwars*cough*

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312
    it'll probably be good but just that some of the features seem out of whack, I don't want to name any specifics due to NDA breaking material. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'll probably pre-order it as well.

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I