Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RUMOR: Destiny 2 - Headed to PCs in 2017 - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageRUMOR: Destiny 2 - Headed to PCs in 2017 - MMORPG.com News

NeoGAF (via Kotaku) is reporting that "a friend at Activision" has revealed that Destiny 2 will be coming to PC rather than being exclusive for consoles as its predecessor has been. The source said the long-held rumor had been confirmed during an internal presentation earlier today.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MandaloreMandalore Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I really hope so. Played it on PS4 but its horrible to play a shooter with a gamepad. Destiny with the masterrace of HiD (Human Interface Device) mouse and keyboard? Yes please!

-------------------------------------
     Playing: Overwatch, Genshin Impact, Black Desert Mobile, Hundred Soul, Cyberpunk 2077
     Inactive: WAR, DAoC, RIFT, GW1/2, TSW, Age of Wulin, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Skyforge

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited September 2016

Mandalore said:

I really hope so. Played it on PS4 but its horrible to play a shooter with a gamepad. Destiny with the masterrace of HiD (Human Interface Device) mouse and keyboard? Yes please!

Man I must be old cause playing FPS games with a game pad is as frustrating as using a pencil to row a boat.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited September 2016

Mandalore said:

Gamepad is horrible only if you just like to use the mouse. I've been playing shooters on console since the DOOM days on Super Nintendo. I suck at shooters even with a mouse so i prefer comfort and not competition so the gamepad works better for me. Hell, i kill more people with Junkrat in Overwatch PC with a gamepad than with the mouse itself. Now if i would get paid to play competitively then yes i will take the mouse. Otherwise i just relax and play. Its more personal preference than anything unless you are getting paid to play the best you can.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    They should leave it as a console exclusive instead of giving it to moaning jaded pc players. I guess the only good thing is it will be a bad port more than likely.

• SpellshaperSpellshaper Member UncommonPosts: 419
    If console company is doing a cash grab PC port, it wont end up well. It will most likely be poorly optimized, with clunky controls, without proper anti-cheat for console price.
    I would be much more happy, if Ubi would "repair" The Division.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I hope so. Still haven't bought any of the new consoles.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    i havent bought a console since 1991...ha!

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Looking forward to it. I'd love a good story based coop shooter.

Can't play a good shooter on a console because I suck so bad with a controller.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Stizzled said:
    Xodic said:
    It will still be a console first development. Meaning that it  will probably feel like a port and disgust PC players with it's simplified UI and controls. It has become more and more of a problem lately, even to the point where you see mechanics that make you repeatedly smash a key on the keyboard to complete a mini-game. Yes, i'm looking at you Mad Max...

Breakout your controller...
    Never understood the hate for controllers. Is it really so bad to use one on a PC? It's just another form of input, no different than a flight stick or racing wheel. Do you complain when flight or racing sims don't include proper KB+M support? 

KB+M is not the end all be all of control, some games just play better with other devices, including controllers.
    controllers for FPS games are in my opinion having used them a few times horrifically terrible regardless of what they are plugged into

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    SEANMCAD said:
    Stizzled said:
    Xodic said:
    It will still be a console first development. Meaning that it  will probably feel like a port and disgust PC players with it's simplified UI and controls. It has become more and more of a problem lately, even to the point where you see mechanics that make you repeatedly smash a key on the keyboard to complete a mini-game. Yes, i'm looking at you Mad Max...

Breakout your controller...
    Never understood the hate for controllers. Is it really so bad to use one on a PC? It's just another form of input, no different than a flight stick or racing wheel. Do you complain when flight or racing sims don't include proper KB+M support? 

KB+M is not the end all be all of control, some games just play better with other devices, including controllers.
    controllers for FPS games are in my opinion having used them a few times horrifically terrible regardless of what they are plugged into
    Can't teach an old dog new tricks

And I'm referring to myself ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    They couldn't be bothered to make a PC version of Destiny 1 so I can't be bothered to buy Destiny 2 regardless if they port it to PC, well maybe a $5 steam sale.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    laserit said:
    Looking forward to it. I'd love a good story based coop shooter.

Can't play a good shooter on a console because I suck so bad with a controller.
    Warframe has better classes, better combat, and more story. Still not a great story, but Destiny's story is so barebones and locked behind wiki-style webpages that it is basically non-existent.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    PS4 will be the lead platform just like all games are. 
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    edited September 2016
    Hopefully Destiny 2 won't hamper PC players too much for not owning or playing the console version. Last I heard, character transfer from Destiny 1, to Destiny 2 will be a thing.
    Post edited by APThug on

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    APThug said:
    Hopefully Destiny 2 won't hamper PC players too much for not owning or playing the console version. Last I heard, character transfer from Destiny 1, to Destiny 2 will be a thing.
    I'm curious, where did you "hear" this because the sequel is atm only a rumor and the source could be lying their ass off?  Could you happen to link a source?  
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    APThug said:
    I'm curious, where did you "hear" this because the sequel is atm only a rumor and the source could be lying their ass off?  Could you happen to link a source?  
    For a rumor a lot of gaming sites and magazines are posting interviews and articles on it.   It is slated to come out for all console(Xbox One, Playstation 4) and PC.  Just read the article this morning.  According to interviews with sources they want it to feel like a sequel but they will most likely start from scratch, and not reusing anything from the first one.  They compared it to the way Diablo 2 was to Diablo.  Just do a google search for sources and you most likely will find hundreds of articles all pretty much saying the same things.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Mandalore said:

Gamepad is horrible only if you just like to use the mouse. I've been playing shooters on console since the DOOM days on Super Nintendo. I suck at shooters even with a mouse so i prefer comfort and not competition so the gamepad works better for me. Hell, i kill more people with Junkrat in Overwatch PC with a gamepad than with the mouse itself. Now if i would get paid to play competitively then yes i will take the mouse. Otherwise i just relax and play. Its more personal preference than anything unless you are getting paid to play the best you can.
    I won't mention the name of the device, but it was possible to use mouse etc on the PS4 version, at least in effect, of course, this gave those players a massive advantage in the game, so much so, that such practice was denounced as cheating by the gamepad using community.
    The PS4 does actually natively support standard usb keyboards and mice, and for games that do officially support the same, such as FFXIV:ARR, you can use them just the same as on the PC version, very useful.
    Its probably long past time that consoles were restricted to gamepads only, native support for a keyboard and mouse for a console should be normal, kind of odd that the only console to do so, is the PS4, perhaps the new Xbox console will catch up in that regard.
  • SwampySackSwampySack Member UncommonPosts: 24
    after nearly 2 decades of fps gaming, this is the genre i strictly avoid playing on pc these days. just 'inject' that program ppl rent online & win. Got destiny, battlefield series & cod on ps4 & have yet to see any aim botter, not saying it isn't there, but the chance of actually seeing one is extremely rare in comparison with the pc versions.

Also, there's many ways to use the kb/mouse setup on consoles & some r more costly than others. but the option is there & the response time is exactly the same as if u were playing on a fast pc.
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

Mandalore said:

lmao, really are u a troll, junkrat doesnt need to aim, maybe try sniper classes with the gamepad then make an intelligent statement no...

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    k61977 said:
    APThug said:
    For a rumor a lot of gaming sites and magazines are posting interviews and articles on it.   It is slated to come out for all console(Xbox One, Playstation 4) and PC.  Just read the article this morning.  According to interviews with sources they want it to feel like a sequel but they will most likely start from scratch, and not reusing anything from the first one.  They compared it to the way Diablo 2 was to Diablo.  Just do a google search for sources and you most likely will find hundreds of articles all pretty much saying the same things.
    I was actually speaking about what he said about transferring characters.  Because I read the rumor as well and from what i've read it says this isn't a thing.  So I was just curious where he might of read about transferring characters from the first one.  
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    APThug said:
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/08/destiny-2-characters-carry-over/

“For Destiny 2, the idea is that the Guardian that you have created is something you can bring along with you on that adventure,” said Dague. “If you take a look at the way people have played other games for a long period of time, they’ve had a relationship with the same character for a very long time.”

On a personal note, Dague explained his own attachment to his Destiny character: “I’m hoping that I have a long story relationship with my Dead Orbit-loyal Warlock. I’ve gotten a little bit attached to that little guy.”