Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Group-Friendly Content by Way of Dungeons - Elder Scrolls Online Interviews

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I like this PvE approach of making any part of the world accessible to everyone :-)

One question I have: How are the dungeon sets compared to the crafted ones? Are the differences "just" the the bonus set?

PS: I love killing enormously fat nasty hairy spiders.
    Some of the crafted sets are still the preferred ones for most builds. Even after this update Hunding's Rage and Julianos will still be the go to sets for Stamina and Magicka DPS respectively.

The thing with ESO is that counting jewelry and weapons you have 11 slots (12 if you dual-wield and/or use 1HD + shield) for set items so builds typically use one full crafted set for the 5-piece bonus, a 2-piece shoulder + monster mask from veteran dungeons for that 2-piece bonus and either another full 5-piece set or partial sets which can also be either crafted or drops from dungeons, overland or PVP.

They've done a good job keeping crafted sets as a whole a bit better than drops.

And yes the differences are mostly the bonuses since armor and weapons of the same level and type, whether crafted or drops, have the same base armor or damage if the rarity is the same... and you can max the rarity of everything except jewelry by improving both the crafted and dropped sets through more crafting.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Very excited for this update, not excited for the gambling boxes coming later this year.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Deyirn said:

Very excited for this update, not excited for the gambling boxes coming later this year.

i cant wait for it to come to start playing

i have the game sitting in waiting for this with a level 9 character that's just completed the starting zone so he can go anywhere else but his original leveling zones
    It'll be live on Wednesday the 5th... just 2 more days.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED