Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is PvP?

Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
Greetings!

After watching streamers and Youtube videos been interested in giving PvP a shot. My only concern is does someone who just owns the base game even have a remote chance of not getting wrecked all the time in Cyrodiil? Or does it force you in a sense to buy the DLC"s? 

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited September 2016
    It's the best out there. Because of the skill/build customization, combat, and yes the graphics, the pvp is more visceral than anything before it.

Those things plus the ability to solo, small or large group over the largest RvRvR area makes it the best in the industry, at it's best there is none better. It's not even close.

At it's worse, prime time latency lag will make you walk away from your computer. For 21 hours out the day ESO's pvp is unmatched. 

Base game makes no difference. It's all about skill and build. 
    Post edited by bcbully on
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    "How is PvP?"

Abandoned.

I think most people gave up on ESO PvP long ago... including the developers.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Lokero said:
    "How is PvP?"

Abandoned.

I think most people gave up on ESO PvP long ago... including the developers.
    All he has to do is pull up a twitch and see what you said is not remotely true...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Greetings!

After watching streamers and Youtube videos been interested in giving PvP a shot. My only concern is does someone who just owns the base game even have a remote chance of not getting wrecked all the time in Cyrodiil? Or does it force you in a sense to buy the DLC"s? 
    Its really, really good and lots of fun. Best played with a small group (which is really easy to find in game once you are in Cyrodil). It is quite gear based though so you will do better if you can afford or find good gear. You can also start out in the non-Vet campaign which I think is a bit more forgiving before you level/gear up.

I don't think you need the DLCs, some of the best gear is crafted and you don't need the DLC to get it.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Greetings!

DLCs in ESO are mostly a PVE thing. The only exception is the Imperial City in Cyrodiil but it's something separate from the campaign and not needed either.

I recommend you just level a character to level 10 (15 is better because you get weapon swapping then) and head over to Blackwater Blade, the PVP campaign that is restricted to levels 10-49 and where Champion Points are disabled, and learn the ropes there.

Join a group - there's always someone recruiting more - and learn by watching what others do and say. You should get both the Teamspeak and Discord clients installed ahead of time because many groups use them and you'll learn a lot faster using voice coms.

Have fun.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I LOVE the pvp in ESO and think it is the best of any mmorpg!  The favorite for me is doing the Blackwater Blade Campaign which is for non-vet (under level 50).  Crafted gear that I make myself is awesome and the best! Getting in groups is super easy and the wars are HUGE!

* I agree with Nyctelios that it is massive fun and always a lot going on in Cryodiil.  

** I firmly disagree with him on pop... AD ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have WAY more peepz than any other faction.  EP and DC, we call AD the zerg!  AD are mean, they smell and they are yellow bananas that MUST be dethroned and scourged from the earth!   LOL    AD have NEVER been in a battle where they didn't have the numbers by far.  Never ever ever... I know it is true... my guild master told me so.

Sz :)
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    SaunZ said:
    I LOVE the pvp in ESO and think it is the best of any mmorpg!  The favorite for me is doing the Blackwater Blade Campaign which is for non-vet (under level 50).  Crafted gear that I make myself is awesome and the best! Getting in groups is super easy and the wars are HUGE!

* I agree with Nyctelios that it is massive fun and always a lot going on in Cryodiil.  

** I firmly disagree with him on pop... AD ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have WAY more peepz than any other faction.  EP and DC, we call AD the zerg!  AD are mean, they smell and they are yellow bananas that MUST be dethroned and scourged from the earth!   LOL    AD have NEVER been in a battle where they didn't have the numbers by far.  Never ever ever... I know it is true... my guild master told me so.

Sz :)
    I agree with the first part of what you said, but I remember a very long streak of the big red EP zerg until about 2 or 3 campaigns ago. EP dominated for over a year. 

d_20   there is NO WAY that EP dominated non-vet Blackwater Blade for a year, during the last year.  I have suffered under EP (even though I love EP) for a long time.

Blackwater Blade Campaign RULEZ!!!

Come pvp with us and gank all the AD and DC you see  :)

Sz  :)
    SaunZ said:
    d_20   there is NO WAY that EP dominated non-vet Blackwater Blade for a year, during the last year.  I have suffered under EP (even though I love EP) for a long time.

Blackwater Blade Campaign RULEZ!!!

Come pvp with us and gank all the AD and DC you see  :)

You'll never beat us... especially now with our supersekret Khajiit breeding program :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Learn how to Animation Cancel
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    sucks

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    So from what I read is that plenty of people are AD? I don't wanna be on the side that is overpopulated like being the under dog.  
    So from what I read is that plenty of people are AD? I don't wanna be on the side that is overpopulated like being the under dog.  
    People exaggerate :)

I've been playing ever since beta and I've seen it go back and forth. The most popular alliance by far at launch was the Ebonheart Pact, mostly because it has a couple of the Skyrim areas in it - this seemed to be  especially so for Oceanic players. For a long time it was nightly thing on the NA campaigns that EP would take over in the wee hours.

And in PVP, good guilds with good leadership is a lot more important factor than just numbers.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Greetings!

You are never forced to buy the DLCs.  There is no gun to your head to do this. 
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

There are billions and billions of AD (fact).

There are like 12 DC (fact).

There are like 3 EP (fact), including me, and 2 of the 3 EP died.

^^  possibly exaggerated a tiny bit