Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Crowfall & Chronicles of Elyria - Vape with their own forums from Day1 on MMORPG.com

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
edited September 2016 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
EDIT:     Just to sum up my 6 paragraphs in 2 sentences:

2015 - Crowfall & Chronicles of Elyria - Artwork only - YOU GET FORUMS!!
2016 - Lost Ark - Closed Beta - YOU GET NO FORUMS!!!

Full Post

When they were Vaporware in 2015 why did O.o  like Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria have their own forums on this site, but Lost Ark, Lineage Eternal, and Guardians of Ember don't?  Lost Ark entered closed beta in S. Korea.  Lineage Eternal is also an up and coming game with dual release at the same time planned in both S. Korea and International.

Back X years ago when Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria were just farts in a programmers boxer shorts (which from the progress I've seen they haven't gone that much farther) they were given their own forums.  (I actually dont mind that fact IF forums had been given to Lost Ark or Lineage Eternal sooner)  

Are Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria sponsoring the site and Lost Ark & Lineage Eternal aren't?  I would think games entering Closed Beta would justify a dedicated forum on this site.  Whats the domino that kicks off the dedicated forum creation?  Is it number of searches on this site?  Well if thats the case, good job blasting us for 2015 & all of 2016 with so much Crowfall & Chronicles of Elyria VAPE to run up the search count.  Well honestly i wouldnt care much about Crowfall and Elyria getting so much attention if oh I dunno you made forums for games in closed beta or early access possibly.  

Guardians of Ember is coming up with Early Access this month of September yet no forums......So i guess when that developer farted out the vape smelling gas 2 years ago of Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria, it was so sweet smelling :p  to MMORPG.com u guys gave them their own forums with back to back weekly articles non stop...I guess you guys are going to pull out all the stops when & if they go into closed beta.  probably rename the site CrowChron.com or something.  

Well anyways, point of this thread is to give freaking games like Lost Ark, Lineage Eternal, & Guardians of Ember their own freaking forums if you are going to grant it to non-existent vape ideas getting their own forums from Day Negative 440 hahah.   B)  but literally a programmer took a nap and dreamed of making Crowfall 5 years ago, and there was an article on this site written about it and its own forum was created the next day.  

Sidenote: I am generally curious about the criteria for deciding forum allocation.  Also, how does vape get so heavily covered here so quickly?  I've seen so many drawings of crowfall and elyria without any action.  I dunno how you get wind of the vape so fast with such fast coverage of nothing.  its quite interesting how we can have so much coverage of a drawing.  sort of poetic i suppose.  i'm actually glad people are covering art again.  maybe its a step in the right direction i guess creatively.  we are less interested in combat, vids, closed betas, but more interested in drawings now.  hmmm.  something to think about.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
Post edited by time007 on

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited September 2016
    As long as there are people talking about the game, I don't think it matters to MMORPG.com whether that game is vaporware or not. This is a forum, and forums are given to the games people are talking about, simple as that.

With that said, Crowfall had playtests on 5 days this week alone. It's difficult to take you seriously when you call something like that vaporware.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Its only normal that asian games don't get the same cover, they just don't have as much presence as western games do. Might have been better if you had made a post asking for forums for those games instead of using a headline that complains about other games having forums.

Was bit hyped for lost ark myself but after watching some videos from their beta my hype died quickly, wasn't that impressed by what I watched.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited September 2016
    Vrika said:
    As long as there are people talking about the game, I don't think it matters to MMORPG.com whether that game is vaporware or not. This is a forum, and forums are given to the games people are talking about, simple as that.

With that said, Crowfall had playtests on 5 days this week alone. It's difficult to take you seriously when you call something like that vaporware.
    they had forums double digit months ago when they were vape is my point. but actual playable games dont get forums.  or games due to be playable in a month dont get them as well.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • AndiusMeuridiarAndiusMeuridiar Member UncommonPosts: 91
    I know some game developers care about MMORPG.com and make themselves accessible for interviews etc. I feel like that plays a part.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    When they announce a western publisher they will probably get more attention. I don't really care much about eastern games until they officially announce a western publisher and some type of time frame. We heard about Blade and Soul for years waiting for the western version. Now that it's here, no one cares once again. MMO's are all about the hype for the next new game these days. This site is about advertising which is obvious at this point. They don't care about advertising eastern games with no timeline for a western release. 
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855
    Its just one of the ways that MMORPG.com has changed.

Any game, MMO or not, that people are talking about will get its own forums here. There was a time when an MMO had to be in a playable state to get a forum. This was too prevent the forums from being clogged by, yep thats right, vaporware that would never see the light of day.

Well, there was also a time when even alluding to illegal private servers would get you banned but now we have the MMORPG.com staff saying how great illegal private servers are.

But, they need that almighty traffic from games like Overwatch.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    Crowfall? Vaporware? People are alpha testing that game right now. It makes actual demonstrable progress. That is the opposite of vaporware.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Aeander said:
    Crowfall? Vaporware? People are alpha testing that game right now. It makes actual demonstrable progress. That is the opposite of vaporware.
    It seems that he aims is to make some noise and get forums for the games he supports, using CF / CoE just as noise amplifiers. Of course, "Vaporware" is not to be taken seriously, but just as a part of that controversial tactics.
     W...aaagh?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
      Are Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria sponsoring the site and Lost Ark & Lineage Eternal aren't?

BINGO !!!
    Same reason why a great game like DOOM,also mentioned by a forum user receives nothing,yet these crappy unfinished games receive constant pampering/advertising.

NOBODY else on the net cares about Crowfall and really few care about COE.I feel MOST should realize what both games are all about,COE will be a lot more diversified whilst Crowfall will be a cheap gimmick to sell castles and future cash shop add ons,similar to what Robert's is doing in SC.

If you feel confident in either game i mentioned,i am not knocking your opinion and all the power to you,i hope your game turns out.However when there is a market of THOUSANDS of games and i bet between all the forum users there are thousands of games played,yet the same few devs are constantly catered to ,it really tells forum users the agenda here is of strong BIAS.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    People apparently hold "vaporware" in higher regard than the games you like.

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    I'm not sure if some of those games are mmorpg.  

I think this site is biased towards actually mmorpg and korean games, since that's what most people visit this site look for.

You are probably more likely to get a forum once the game actually come to the US.  since there are probably too many korean games that many people don't care about.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Wizardry said:
      Are Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria sponsoring the site and Lost Ark & Lineage Eternal aren't?

BINGO !!!
    Same reason why a great game like DOOM,also mentioned by a forum user receives nothing,yet these crappy unfinished games receive constant pampering/advertising.

NOBODY else on the net cares about Crowfall and really few care about COE.I feel MOST should realize what both games are all about,COE will be a lot more diversified whilst Crowfall will be a cheap gimmick to sell castles and future cash shop add ons,similar to what Robert's is doing in SC.

If you feel confident in either game i mentioned,i am not knocking your opinion and all the power to you,i hope your game turns out.However when there is a market of THOUSANDS of games and i bet between all the forum users there are thousands of games played,yet the same few devs are constantly catered to ,it really tells forum users the agenda here is of strong BIAS.
    Yep. Short answer = Money

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Aeander said:
    Yeah, that one seemed odd to me, too. Someone should tell the guy that made this video six months ago that it was all a figment of his imagination.   

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    edited September 2016
    Wizardry said:
    Funny, I feel like it's the exact opposite.

Crowfall, if successful, would be a diverse pvp game with a multitude of rulesets. The castles barely even come up when talking about the game and exist only to provide player housing with some permanence for a player in a game with a set of worlds that are always changing. Can it be monetized? Yeah. Will it be? Probably. Is that innately a bad thing? No. The focus is, as it has always been, on the archetypes and how they interact in this pick-your-own-rules pvp setting. 

CoE is built and marketed so heavily on its character bloodlines mechanic that its success or failure will depend on how this (likely niche) mechanic will resonate with players. And if you don't think that a lineage mechanic (which, by the way, comes with player housing similar to Crowfall castles) has the potential to have cash shop eugenics mechanics or other forms of family benefits slapped on to it, then you are either being intentionally obtuse, or I don't know what to tell you.

Also, look at the numbers. 10,752 people backed CoE. 16,936 people backed the Crowfall kickstarter, with that number rising to 137,854 with their on-site pre-order packages included. It looks very strongly like more people care about Crowfall than CoE in the only available hard metric.
    Post edited by Aeander on
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Crowfall is coming along nicely, Chronicles of Elyria, who knows, but I agree that your titltes should have forums.  Personally I have taken a step back from the Korean and Chinese games, they often end up as pay-to-win and are always major grinders.  
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

NOBODY else on the net cares about Crowfall 
    We must have really rich community members if we alone have put up the $7.3M funding.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that at least a FEW of the 137k Crows come from somewhere other than this site.

LOL.  What's the saying?  Ignorance is bliss?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Crowfall looks promising AF.  Artcraft has been super transparent about their development and providing about 3-4 pieces of update content a month. Calling it vaporware is simply not accurate. I'm not a "crow", but I've been eagerly following the development.

Lost Ark went absolutely dark after that first extended feature video, and so has Lineage Eternal. You can't even find anything about them on steparu.com. You can't make lemonade without lemons.

The OPs post is 6 paragraphs of bullsh#% based on an uninformed unsubstantiated opinion. How about provide some information about Lost Ark/Lineage Eternal that HASN'T been posted and make your case.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Wizardry said:

Crowfall sells people castles which are usable only in Eternal Kingdoms, not in PvP campaign maps.

COE sells people full game, but you have to wait for 3 months after final wipe so that people who backed more than you (120$ or more) will first get a good headstart over you.

Also COE sold buildings during their Kickstarter too.

Aeander said:
    Also, look at the numbers. 10,752 people backed CoE. 16,936 people backed the Crowfall kickstarter, with that number rising to 137,854 with their on-site pre-order packages included. It looks very strongly like more people care about Crowfall than CoE in the only available hard metric.
    Total number of Crowfall backers is only a bit over 32 000. That 137 854 is number of people registered on their website.

We must have really rich community members if we alone have put up the $7.3M funding.
    Crowfall has gotten $2.9M crowdfunding this far. Rest of that $7.3M comes from other sources.

Source: https://www.crowfall.com/en/funding/
    Also thanks to JamesGoblin for pointing me to that webpage a couple of months earlier. I wouldn't have known this without him.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Vrika said:
    Aeander said:
    Total number of Crowfall backers is only a bit over 32 000. That 137 854 is number of people registered on their website.

Crowfall has gotten $2.9M crowdfunding this far. Rest of that $7.3M comes from other sources.

Source: https://www.crowfall.com/en/funding/
    Also thanks to JamesGoblin for pointing me to that webpage a couple of months earlier. I wouldn't have known this without him.
    Interesting!

The point remains though that interest is obviously NOT only contained in this site.  Just shy of $3M is pretty darn good for people to put up for a game that does't exist yet.

Also, to address some of the other posts: YES there are parts of their campaign that are clearly P2W.  We just do not know his impactful that will be yet.  Folks shouldn't try to say it's not P2W.  All these pre-order and crowd funded games are P2W to some extent.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "Nobody on the net cares about Crowfall" 

*People care about Crowfall in the exact same thread.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KinringKinring Member UncommonPosts: 104
    time007 said:
         Why does Vaporware O.o  like Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria have their own forums on this site, but Lost Ark, Lineage Eternal, and Guardians of Ember don't?  Lost Ark entered closed beta in S. Korea.  Lineage Eternal is also an up and coming game with dual release at the same time planned in both S. Korea and International.

Back X years ago when Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria were just farts in a programmers boxer shorts (which from the progress I've seen they haven't gone that much farther) they were given their own forums.  (I actually dont mind that fact IF forums had been given to Lost Ark or Lineage Eternal sooner)  

Are Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria sponsoring the site and Lost Ark & Lineage Eternal aren't?  I would think games entering Closed Beta would justify a dedicated forum on this site.  Whats the domino that kicks off the dedicated forum creation?  Is it number of searches on this site?  Well if thats the case, good job blasting us for 2015 & all of 2016 with so much Crowfall & Chronicles of Elyria VAPE to run up the search count.  Well honestly i wouldnt care much about Crowfall and Elyria getting so much attention if oh I dunno you made forums for games in closed beta or early access possibly.  

Guardians of Ember is coming up with Early Access this month of September yet no forums......So i guess when that developer farted out the vape smelling gas 2 years ago of Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria, it was so sweet smelling :p  to MMORPG.com u guys gave them their own forums with back to back weekly articles non stop...I guess you guys are going to pull out all the stops when & if they go into closed beta.  probably rename the site CrowChron.com or something.  

Well anyways, point of this thread is to give freaking games like Lost Ark, Lineage Eternal, & Guardians of Ember their own freaking forums if you are going to grant it to non-existent vape ideas getting their own forums from Day Negative 440 hahah.   B)  but literally a programmer took a nap and dreamed of making Crowfall 5 years ago, and there was an article on this site written about it and its own forum was created the next day.  

Sidenote: I am generally curious about the criteria for deciding forum allocation.  Also, how does vape get so heavily covered here so quickly?  I've seen so many drawings of crowfall and elyria without any action.  I dunno how you get wind of the vape so fast with such fast coverage of nothing.  its quite interesting how we can have so much coverage of a drawing.  sort of poetic i suppose.  i'm actually glad people are covering art again.  maybe its a step in the right direction i guess creatively.  we are less interested in combat, vids, closed betas, but more interested in drawings now.  hmmm.  something to think about.
    How dare MMORPG.com try to provide you with FREE content in the form of news and forums and not bother to cater to YOUR every whim! I would ask for a FULL REFUND of your money...oh wait, It is all free so I guess you can't ask for a refund. /sarcasm off

Dude, they have to cater to developers who provide them with information about their games. It is that simple. YOU are getting the info FOR FREAKING FREE and you are still complaining about it. Go back to playing your free to play garbage game and stop complaining. Or try google for your news and forums.

MMORPG.com does a great job and we don't pay for any of what they provide. That is a pretty good deal in my book!

edited September 2016
    Crowfall looks promising AF.  Artcraft has been super transparent about their development and providing about 3-4 pieces of update content a month. Calling it vaporware is simply not accurate. I'm not a "crow", but I've been eagerly following the development.

Lost Ark went absolutely dark after that first extended feature video, and so has Lineage Eternal. You can't even find anything about them on steparu.com. You can't make lemonade without lemons.

The OPs post is 6 paragraphs of bullsh#% based on an uninformed unsubstantiated opinion. How about provide some information about Lost Ark/Lineage Eternal that HASN'T been posted and make your case.

read my entire post before you go cussing at me.  i said these games were given forums when they were vape with nothing to play (in the past).  that wasn't about current state.  can you comprehend that? guess not.  Lineage & lost ark are playable games with no forums.  i guess i should have just written 2 sentences instead of 6 paragraphs so you could more easily understand.  Here I can type it in simple sentences:

2015 - Crowfall & Chronicles of Elyria - Artwork only - YOU GET FORUMS!!
    2016 - Lost Ark - Closed Beta - YOU GET NO FORUMS!!!

Can  you understand my point?  Can you dispute those 2 facts?  Nope you can't.  <Drops mic with a meme because I'm cool>  oh wait i'm not an internet cool guy.  

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I find it funny the OP calls Crowfall Vaporware. I'd like to know his proof of those claims.  Being that the community that I am apart of has a few members who have invested large amounts into its growth. I've seen them playing this make believe product,.
    edited September 2016
    gorro187 said:
    I find it funny the OP calls Crowfall Vaporware. I'd like to know his proof of those claims.  Being that the community that I am apart of has a few members who have invested large amounts into its growth. I've seen them playing this make believe product,.
    I created a 2 sentence summary on the OP to make things easier on you.  I know you guys can't look back to 2015 because its too far out of memory but yes this game was given heavy coverage of nothing years ago.  Again this thread is about games that were vape (in the past) given forums, vs games in closed beta now given no forums.  

Probably asking people to compare past and present is tough though on 2 different sets of game is hard to comprehend i suppose.