Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefield 1 Open Beta Thoughts/Opinions

drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535
Curious what others think about the beta.

Personally I'm disappointed.

-Conquest respawns don't count toward ticket count making deaths not matter

-Only one type of primary weapon per class

-No attachments for guns (the have different versions but it's a totally new gun all together)

-People have to request medics upon death or the medic doesn't get an indicator

-Horseback combat is a joke, the swords range is ridiculous

-Its a WW1 game and everyone is rocking semi auto/full auto guns except snipers...common DICE. This was your chance to change up the pace of gameplay and take advantage of the WW1 setting, but the weapons don't feel like WW1 weapons at all

-Infantry lacks means to take out armor

Battlefield 1 a dumbed down version of previous Battlefield games with a WW1 setting that is a gimmick instead of a gameplay changer.

PS- I know it's beta so some things will change, but the game releases in less then 2 months so this is more or less the game where going to get save some balancing changes.

Comments

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    edited August 2016
    It was meh when I played it earlier.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Same old game with better graphics.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    Battlefront all over again.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    It looks like a game I could play for a few hours. But not for 60$.

Anyway, can't really judge it because matchmaking is not working currently. Some say it's a ddos attack. Whatever. It looks like a game I played 10+ years ago. Though the graphics are better of course. Good night all. ;)
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,760
    edited September 2016
    When it comes to games like Battlefront, Battlefield, COD... and pretty much Ubisoft Published Games.... already aware of the driven hype trains because the game will never be as good as the vibe it tries to give you on its trailers and gameplay footage.

So ended up the same way for me as it did with after playing The Division beta.

The last one that got me by surprise was indeed Battlefront, they really made something else than what people expected for a game like it.