Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yes, its worth coming back :D Even 2016

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
So me and my wife returned like 8 days ago to RIFT and since then enjoy it alot.

I have bought the game by 2011 and so have some features unlocked already like bag slots and character slot. Also some older characters have some newer Souls unlocked to play.

We do mostly instant adventures and questing. My wife joined a bit later because she was sceptic. Last night she joined a guild with more than 1600 active players were 50+ have been online at evenning. She´s now learning to play healer classes like Warden or Chloromancer :)

Well RIFT is great and that even with all the newer games like GW2 and others around.

I complained about the games pricing, yes its very expensive to get all souls and expansions but its possible to unlock some features by playing and earning ingame money. We are going to try that.

I found a rare Artifact which i could sell for more than 150plat last night ;D

Armor, Weapons , gear in common is easy to get even for n00bs. 

I managed to reach Ember Isle with a new character and i am impressed how great the grafics are and how much love they put into the game.

The old World Map is sadly empty and not many players can be seen.

Warfronts are not existant anymore even if they were so much fun by 2011. The queue is endless until L65.

Well i am in love with this game again and i hope many people with follow because this game is really worth it.

For TRION

The pricing could really be a bit less expensive for returning or new players like me and my wife. As i mentioned in another post we would have to pay almost 300€ to have all expansions and featurs unlocked which wont happen anytime soon... 50€ per player would be enough...

I made a small payment of 4.99€ to unlock the Auction house for my wifes account but thats it for now.

Unlocking Earrings, character gear with a expansion purchase only or real money looks greedy and weird to us. The amount of plat for some things to unlock is multidimensional high for the most normal players..

Also TRION let us purchase new souls  separate from the expansions. I would gladly pay 3-5€ for a new soul if i could buy them single at the store.

(no native english)

Comments

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Tried going back shortly after they introduced housing and the initial experience seemed rushed and broken up due to what was probably streamlining of that first zone. With the story near non-existent, it just felt like a bunch of collection grinds. 
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Combat animations are very poor and since you'll be grinding forever in this game, you'll start to realize how cheaply made the game is. Kinda sad since I used to love this game and even dumped 500$ on it.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited August 2016
    Let's not forget you almost HAVE to macro, combining abilities on your hotbar so you can spam them faster, which I hate. 

Joined - July 2004

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    My wife and I both returned to Rift about 3 weeks ago after being pretty disgusted with the class changes in WoW (yes I have beta access and have played classes at 110.  Regardless of level, tanking now sucks in WoW.  Healing does too.  Just our opinions).  We started back with Rift on a whim and have loved every minute of it.  The wardrobe system is FAR superior.  There's no debate on that.  The mentoring and side-kicking system is really nice as my wife and I level at a different pace.  The intrepid/instant adventures are nice.  No flight paths, just port to the area is cool.  Instant teleport the whole group to the instant when one person zones in is nice.  I've been taking my time and reading quests.  Only level 43 so far, but I'm really enjoying it so far.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I love the big rifts/invasions in Rift, it really makes the world feel alive. I would love to see games push that kind of idea even further with more permanent world changes due to monster-type invasions. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Let's not forget you almost HAVE to macro, combining abilities on your hotbar so you can spam them faster, which I hate. 
    Well you don't have to macro.  You can always just keybind 40 abilities that you must constantly use.  But yea this game is one gem and too bad people just cannot get over WOW to play it.  Considering that this game is like WOW 2.0
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    I like the macro system but i dislike the global cooldown of 1.5 and even at tuned 1.0 seconds about the combat system.

Instants and reactives are my favorites.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Good to see someone enjoying a game.  Don't let the hate ruin it.  GL.

I self identify as a monkey.

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    filmoret said:
    Well you don't have to macro.  You can always just keybind 40 abilities that you must constantly use.  But yea this game is one gem and too bad people just cannot get over WOW to play it.  Considering that this game is like WOW 2.0
    This game is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WOW 2.0 people quit saying this stupid shit

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Albatroes said:
    Combat animations are very poor and since you'll be grinding forever in this game, you'll start to realize how cheaply made the game is. Kinda sad since I used to love this game and even dumped 500$ on it.
    Animations mean nothing unless your the kind of person that stares in mirror all day.