Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any EA package that will let me play the game sometime in the next month?

sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
Title

Comments

• grizzeldergrizzelder Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited August 2016

2016 bronze bundle and above.

Lowest price you can pay is 99 US dollars.

The play tests are limited at the moment still I believe.

https://backers.crowfall.com/#/pledge?lang=en

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    Damn Ill have to hear some opinions before I drop a hundred dollars on alpha tho. Is this game mechanically sound? Does it have a great amount of future promise? Are the Races unique? Is combat fluid?

I love the art style, and I was following it religiously in pre-development but I havent seen anything in the last 6 months or so.
  • grizzeldergrizzelder Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited August 2016

Here is a 2 hour video of combat from july this year.

I would personally wait until it is further in development as well.

It looks promising for the future but in the mmo world we know what can happen as things  can tend go south fast :P

• Count_DirkoffCount_Dirkoff Member UncommonPosts: 11
    At the moment if you are looking for early access to CF expecting continuous game play and character development you will be disappointed. Its still in pre-alpha (i.e. still testing technologies, trying experimental features, performance testing etc.) and it has many large game features missing.

The next major roll-out of tech will be mini campaigns, but again the servers will probably be only up for a few days rather than months.

But I would encourage anyone who wants to be part of  CF and help test the game for the developers to sign up. Its a great community and people are starting to form player guilds.
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    can believe people are intrested in crowfall..

They bring nothing new to the genre

Atleast CU trying something new with their cube system

Crowfall warfare will be the same boring shit as gw2.. 

Zerg - dmg wall/doors - cap the city... 

I forsee that crowfall going the same path as wildstar.. which is major flop
  • NostrusUKNostrusUK Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I get you aren't a Crowfall fan and that I shouldn't feed the troll, but I'm guessing you mean SOE, Everquest Next and Landmark in that quote, right?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    can believe people are intrested in crowfall..

They bring nothing new to the genre

Crowfall warfare will be the same boring shit as gw2.. 

Zerg - dmg wall/doors - cap the city... 

I forsee that crowfall going the same path as wildstar.. which is major flop
    Not bothered enough to counter what you've just posted but you really do not know anything about Crowfall now do you?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    I am not sure what your looking for excactly but you can look at http://store.markeedragon.com/index.php?cat=58 and buy a current package for 2017 or click on his "Crowfall trusted trader" link to get a founders package. 
     As far as I know Markee is the only trusted traded authorised to do this legally. 
  • Void425Void425 Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Damn Ill have to hear some opinions before I drop a hundred dollars on alpha tho. Is this game mechanically sound? Does it have a great amount of future promise? Are the Races unique? Is combat fluid?

I love the art style, and I was following it religiously in pre-development but I havent seen anything in the last 6 months or so.
    No game is mechanically sound during alpha.  Alpha is the development phase.  There is absolutely no polish to the features, and not even all the core features are in yet.

This game seems like it will get pretty good reviews, but it is not going to be the next big major hit on the market.

Races and combat in alpha is still being created....  This is alpha build.