Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forging the Inquisition Long Sword

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageForging the Inquisition Long Sword

Dragon Age: Inquisition News - One of the iconic images from Dragon Age: Inquisition is the sword born by the player character at the moment they are installed as head of the Inquisition. Bioware worked with Shawn Cunningham of Front Step Forge to recreate this amazing weapon. Check it out!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I have just the spot on my wall for that. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Real life crafting, love it.
  • OriginOfWavesOriginOfWaves Member UncommonPosts: 74

DMKano said:

The metal at the top of the hilt looked a bit shoddy.

Nice decorative blade, but as a real weapon..... nah.

A wooden stick used correctly can be a real weapon. Didn't really see that shoddy part you were talking about, but if it can cut a watermelon in half in one swing... It can cut someone's head off. Which makes it, you guessed it, a real weapon.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    That looks beautiful, it must have felt so good when he plunged the finished blade into the water to temper it.

I was a bit disappointed that the video cut out before the sword hit the watermelon though.
  • OriginOfWavesOriginOfWaves Member UncommonPosts: 74

YashaX said:

That looks beautiful, it must have felt so good when he plunged the finished blade into the water to temper it.

I was a bit disappointed that the video cut out before the sword hit the watermelon though.

Looks like they're saving the watermelon cutting for a separate video.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    He hurt his last finger if you notice. These places are quite dangerous to work but produce beautiful things. Must be super careful and always alert.