Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starfall Clubwear Giveaway!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
edited August 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageStarfall Clubwear Giveaway!

Aion News - MMORPG.com has been given tons of special gift keys for Aion that will give players Starfall Clubwear within the game. Get your free gift key now and slip into these super-hot and trendy items now!

Read the full story here

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• hellzerhellzer Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Screw that cosmetic bullshit. Give us new servers. I wanna play!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thank you
  • LanfeaLanfea Member UncommonPosts: 223
    really? your marketing department expects new players trying out this game or old players coming back just because of those neither hot nor trendy we-let-our-intern-design-it-in-a-day outfits? i would fire the guys from marketing just for being serious going with this idea.
  • dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    No even if you pay me for coming back to this Korean grind fest, p2w full of hack and rude community.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited August 2016
    I always think of Aion as one of the biggest missed opportunities in the mmo genre.
    Great combat mechanics, extensive environment and good back story. Fort battles, territory invasions, third non playing faction (Balaur) that could pop up in the middle of battles.

But.....

The all too familiar failings of eastern ports over here.
    Horrendous original grind - you think it's bad now? You should have been there at launch.
    Again, horrendous rng in upgrading weapons and gear at launch - one fail and complete wipe out of all the item enchants.
    Punishing death penalty that removed experience - people lost whole levels and couldn't afford to recover them due to the health repair costs.

From a guild of well over 50 consistently active players, we finished up with myself and one other.

Changes where made to the above points - but of course months, years too late. By then the horse had not only bolted - it had disappeared over the horizon.

I really did enjoy aspects of this game despite all the issues, which is why I'm frustrated by the missed opportunity.
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Ouch.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I was debating whether I should finally delete this game from my PC. I was hoping they would do something so innovative that it would compel me to log in again but no chance I guess.

• dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104

JudgeUK said:

I always think of Aion as one of the biggest missed opportunities in the mmo genre.

Great combat mechanics, extensive environment and good back story. Fort battles, territory invasions, third non playing faction (Balaur) that could pop up in the middle of battles.

But.....

Horrendous original grind - you think it's bad now? You should have been there at launch.

Again, horrendous rng in upgrading weapons and gear at launch - one fail and complete wipe out of all the item enchants.

Punishing death penalty that removed experience - people lost whole levels and couldn't afford to recover them due to the health repair costs.

From a guild of well over 50 consistently active players, we finished up with myself and one other.

Changes where made to the above points - but of course months, years too late. By then the horse had not only bolted - it had disappeared over the horizon.

I really did enjoy aspects of this game despite all the issues, which is why I'm frustrated by the missed opportunity.

JudgeUK said:

But.....

JudgeUK said:

But.....

Horrendous original grind at launch? have you checked this game lately? now if you fail enchanting an item you know what? the item is destroyed... not just the enchant.
    Atrocious level experience, basically you have to level up the last 10 levels repeating the same quests, over and over and over. It is HUGE the amount of XP is required from level 66 to 75.
    P2W everywhere, you want to level up, go to the shop, you want enchants, shop, and now with the last update the luna dontknowwhat,you can even buy gear.
    I have been playing this game since launch, but i cant support it anymore, i took the advice some told me, you dont like it, go play WoW.
  • myomyintmgmyomyintmg Member CommonPosts: 1
    how can i get free key ? pls tell me step by step
  • doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I agree with Tenerife.

Have any of you stating they don't like the game - played the game recently? The game just boosted to 5.0 and now 5.1. As for pay to win - you cannot get your gear or refines for your gear (the plume yes - but not the armor, weapons, etc) in the game shop.
  • f.drakef.drake Member CommonPosts: 1

I agree with Tenerife.

Have any of you stating they don't like the game - played the game recently? The game just boosted to 5.0 and now 5.1. As for pay to win - you cannot get your gear or refines for your gear (the plume yes - but not the armor, weapons, etc) in the game shop.

False. You can buy Luna coins, and with Luna coins you can buy the keys to open the chests, and inside the chest you can even find Ambassador PvP gear. The thingy people farm for years...
    I still play it, but IT IS P2W now. Also unlimited enchantment level for accessories, plumes, all of them enchanted with tempering solutions, to give 0.5% of pvp bonus per level. Guess where you can find the tempering solutions?
  • linlin123linlin123 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Admin said:
    imageStarfall Clubwear Giveaway!

Aion News - MMORPG.com has been given tons of special gift keys for Aion that will give players Starfall Clubwear within the game. Get your free gift key now and slip into these super-hot and trendy items now!

Read the full story here

Cool clubwear design.